• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Camp 2011 - Immediate Regrets :(

Maxrpg said:
Mods, son.
[ig]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559787428537460887/AD99FD15847D8C191A7CD35BC56E4F83E8FE11B6/[/img]

That does look damn nice. Which mods are you running? My issue(s) with Oblivion aren't really to do with the visuals, though.

Magicka is my only regret as it won't run on my laptop. Where as I purchased NWN2 and X3: Terran conflict expecting them not to work for when I upgrade yet they work fine.

Card Boy

Banned
I don't have any purchase regrets per say. But i regret not buying Frozen Synapse, If only they sold single copies i would of bought it.

I don't buy the whole "your getting a copy for free" argument, if anything they are charging you for 2 copies.

I regret the only game I bought:

Tropico 3/ absolute power

I liked the 2d Tropico 1 better and it doesn't really run on my laptop very well

elektrixx

Banned
When the Quake Pack went on sale I decided I wanted the Doom Pack too but missed out.

To fix this I decided I wanted to buy the id Pack and gift the Quake games but Steam doesn't give you extra copies!

From now on it's full publisher packs or nothing. I've got a mess of Valve games I want but have ended up spending more money by getting everything slowly and separately.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution $7.50 Sucka
Terraria $2.50 Sucka
The Last Remnant
King's Bounty: Collection
Beat Hazard iTunes DLC
Beat Hazard - Ultra
Frozen Synapse
Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money
Fallout: New Vegas
Alpha Protocol
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
SpaceChem
Civ V Gamersgate Retail
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

I REGRET NOTHING

Brazil said:
I regret buying Lead and Gold because I don't have any friends to play it with and most servers suck, and Toki Tori because it's boring as fuck.

I agree with Lead and Gold. Toki Tori I have since launch and it is an amazing game if you like to think hard.

Nothing. This sale I was more frugal than previous ones, and got games I'm certain I'll enjoy...whenever the hell I get around to play them. :|

Witcher 2

Don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic game. It is also the game that made me realize I need a new computer. It is barely playable with the frame rate chugging along, but I liked it so much that I managed to play for 3 and a half hours before I just couldn't take it anymore. What really sealed the deal is when I opened up the special edition and saw how good the game could look in the screen shots. It is a goddamn shame.

Truespeed

Ah, here's the thread I was looking for to vent in. I'm really disappointed I let Transformers 3 WFC slide without so much as a hover over the buy button. WTF was I thinking that day.

Oh, and I regret looking at Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition at $26, thinking about it, and deciding not to buy it. I knew it was a price glitch, too, unlike some people who foolishly thought it was intentional. Part of the reason I quickly pounced on Dawn of War II: Retribution this morning. Fair chance I end up regretting that, too.

Audiosurf is horrible. I bought it after enjoying Beat Hazard so much, but it's seriously not even worth the $2 I spent on it.

I also regret buying BFBC2. It's just as bad as COD in terms of guys hiding in corners and killing you before you can turn around in straight deathmatch. I also don't find the big team objective games that fun, lots of cheap deaths and waiting to respawn.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Zombie James said:

See, I tried it years before and immediately felt that it didn't like up to how people were hyping it, but hey, STEAM SALE = CHEAP so I thought I'd give it another try.

...damn it :(

Get mods, lots of it.

spootime

Regretting buying Amnesia for 10 bucks. I get a game is currently unavailable and neither steam forums or developer forums have helped me. Gonna have to contact steam support and ask for a refund

gdt

spootime said:
Regretting buying Amnesia for 10 bucks. I get a game is currently unavailable and neither steam forums or developer forums have helped me. Gonna have to contact steam support and ask for a refund

What's wrong with the game?

Meier

Here are my purchases.. no regrets thus far but I haven't played everything yet of course. Really enjoyed my time with Recettear and Defense Grid thus far and have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Football Manager. I picked up Railroads again on a whim since I no longer have it.. I hope it works okay with Windows 7.

Jul 10, 2011 $12.93
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall, Sid Meier's Railroads

Jul 10, 2011 Free
Summer Sale Prize - Defense Grid DLC

Jul 5, 2011 $4.99
Civ V Cradle DLC: Bundle

Jul 4, 2011 $8.73
Bully: Scholarship Edition, Alpha Protocol

Jul 4, 2011 $2.49
Defense Grid: The Awakening

Jul 2, 2011 $16.46
Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Football Manager 2011

Jun 30, 2011 $5.00
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

All told, I spent $50.60 apparently. Not too shabby.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol

I got king arthur for 20... :'(

Shit, I bought it at release because it looked cool. I still haven't finished the first mission. The game really doesn't teach the player how to play at all, if I remember correctly. I've found a new love for Paradox games, though, so I should really go back and play it some time.

Stallion Free said:
Lol.

To be honest, I didn't like Audiosurf either. And I bought it at a $9.95 price back in 2008. It's probably my fault, but somehow I fail to see an actual connection between gameplay and music.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SteelAttack said:
To be honest, I didn't like Audiosurf either. And I bought it at a $9.95 price back in 2008. It's probably my fault, but somehow I fail to see an actual connection between gameplay and music.
There was a demo for the game before it came out.

Iadien said:

I just bought terraria yesterday and it really need a community to shine because the game don't explain things to you. just read terrario ot and learn some basics and the game become much more enjoyable.

Stallion Free said:
There was a demo for the game before it came out.
I was...less informed back then. And less inquisitive.

At any rate, I'm glad I supported the developer. But I keep the game away in its own special category. :p

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
hawkshockey11 said:
I regret the only game I bought:

Tropico 3/ absolute power

I liked the 2d Tropico 1 better and it doesn't really run on my laptop very well

I am no connoisseur of city builders, but I absolutely loved Tropico. It was the only game I've played since the start of the sale lol

TUSR

Banned
Its a shame that the XCOM games didn't get a sale this year. I always love to hear when people pick them up and say how they missed out on these gems.

But so far the only thing I got was a double dip, which was Bad Company 2...

Mister Wilhelm said:
Beat Hazard is horrible.

Fixed that for you. Tried playing Beat Hazard, after loving Audiosurf, and thought it was absolutely terrible. Thank god I only played the demo and didn't buy the game.

I regret Terraria. $2.50 on something I could have bought that was better.

unpurposed said:
Fixed that for you. Tried playing Beat Hazard, after loving Audiosurf, and thought it was absolutely terrible. Thank god I only played the demo and didn't buy the game.
You can go to hell.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
spootime said:

Steam is too overloaded to process your request. Try again.

gdt

Sgt.Pepper said:
Bit.Trip. games tap dance, spit, and play baseball with my eyeballs. Wasted money right there.

Bit.Trip.Beat was too much at 2.50, especially for such a shallow game. It's fun, though. But won't really have longevity with me. It's also hard as dick balls, even on easy.

.Runner is a platformer though? Here's hoping that's worth it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
unpurposed said:
Shakin' my head again.

I don't understand how two of the greatest Indie games ever have such strong hate.

Eusis

Stallion Free said:
I don't understand how two of the greatest Indie games ever have such strong hate.
Well, it's at least easy to see for the one that could cause seizures in anyone susceptible to them.

gdt5016 said:
Bit.Trip.Beat was too much at 2.50, especially for such a shallow game. It's fun, though. But won't really have longevity with me. It's also hard as dick balls, even on easy.

.Runner is a platformer though? Here's hoping that's worth it.
Runner is hard as dick balls, too. But it's a fun musical platformer.

PBalfredo

I regret not buying Hoard when it was on the daily deals. But I picked it up today and already put three hours into it. Great game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I am enjoying Beat Hazard a lot right now. If I couldn't use my own music, it wouldn't be the same, but it's a great interactive visualizer.

it's so good with The Avalanches - Since I Left You

also, 200% visuals is the only way to play

Narag

Snuggler said:
I am enjoying Beat Hazard a lot right now. If I couldn't use my own music, it wouldn't be the same, but it's a great interactive visualizer.

it's so good with The Avalanches - Since I Left You

also, 200% visuals is the only way to play

YES!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Bought all four Guild Wars games, not really sure if I regret it yet. I haven't put any time into the game yet so Im not even sure if I like it or not.

Really hoping to find some Gaffers that play, none of my friends even play PC games...

I completely regret antagonizing gaf chat and earning myself a copy of gumboy.

edit: Beat Hazard hate is proof that gaf is capable of hating anything, even pure joy.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Zombie James said:
DbWJU.jpg

See, I tried it years before and immediately felt that it didn't like up to how people were hyping it, but hey, STEAM SALE = CHEAP so I thought I'd give it another try.

...damn it :(

If it's not modded then you're doing it wrong.

My regret is The Last Remnant.

Top Bottom