• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
You know you have issues when you're tempted to pick up the Dragon age pack just to have it on steam instead of Origins.. Sigh. I used to not be ocd like this

I think I got it cheaper on Origins too... in fact, it may STILL BE INSTALLED on my computer Via Origins.

But I still really want to buy it.

OH GOD.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Wow BL2 with 41%? That game is on sale alllll the time, I don't understand...

Here's hoping Dishonored comes anyway.

It being on sale on GMG earlier this week ( for 1.50€ more with season pass included lolsteam ) and on that Amazon bundle too didn't stop people from voting for it.

Just back from work, quick question: how does Modbot give out gifts? Does it just post the codes for anyone to grab? Or do I need to enter somewhere? The OP covers how to give codes to Modbot but not how to have a chance of receiving them.

Also, not trying to fuel the fire, but what was the Javadots situation I'm hearing about? Just curious.

what's Skyrim like? People seem to be Kreygasming over it? I'm not sure if it's my type of game: I love Donkey Kong Country 2, Megaman X3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Fable 2 (only because it was free),

Vodh

So, Duke Nukem Forever guide worth £6.49? Seems to be all the rage with the kids now...

hf13ztT.jpg

Angry Fork

Can't believe people kicked Borderlands 2, everyone has that shit already and it goes on sale all the time. Damn it.

Hopefully Dishonored has a flash or daily sale later on.

sunnz

borderland 2...

Ridiculous. Don't people look around for deals anymore? It was on sale just a few days ago...

That is annoying.

Hope Dishonored is on flash sale soon, dislike waiting :p

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Am I the only seeing the Duke Nukem Forever strategy guide at the top of the top sellers list? lol

Sullichin

Yeah I just got it and the season pass for $15 like a week ago. That was GMG though, I haven't ever seen it that cheap on Steam.

Semi interested in GRID 2 but not for $30, hope it's a daily

Er...how do you do that? Is it just two windows side-by-side, or is there a cleverer way to do it?

Is that so? I'll still wait on a Daily Deal.

In Windows you can snap a window to the left/right and they'll take up half of the screen. You can do it on a Mac with BetterTouchTool

I have a steam inventory copy of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate I want to sell for $7. I bought it a while ago and just don't have time for it. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.

I'll take you up on that offer since I can't buy it myself because of region restrictions. Sending PM.

Mr_Elysia

I think the major issue here is that Java does a poor job of explaining himself and many people in this thread have rage blinders on. I won't vouch for him. I don't know him. There is a possibility that he's a terrible ungrateful person. He may be taking whatever he can to sell it. But stop and consider some things. He's obviously young. His claim is that his primary account on steam was inaccessible and thus he did not redeem the codes on his temporary account, a possibility considering his temporary account had only one game on it and his primary has forty some odd.

A lot of people are questioning why the codes he won have gone unredeemed. He's been giving some away because of the backlash, and I wouldn't doubt that he hasn't input others as of yet for the same reason: He's afraid to claim them now. With the Bioshock Infinite key, he hadn't input it because he said he would give it away to someone. But when he asked about the format of the code, it was assumed he was trying to sell it because he didn't input it.

His attitude could certainly use some adjustment sometimes but when people are backed into a corner they often respond defensively or defiantly. He has apologized and he has taken wishes for personal harm in good stride all things considered.

You cannot put a person in a no-win scenario. If he has apologized, he has apologized and you leave it there until he does something new and worthy of derision. You cannot damn him for saying he's sorry and that he wants to make it right by giving some of the games away that he got. But then, I've been accused of white knighting before.

marrec

Banned
what's Skyrim like? People seem to be Kreygasming over it? I'm not sure if it's my type of game: I love Donkey Kong Country 2, Megaman X3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Fable 2 (only because it was free),

Skyrim is like that one girl you meet at the bar who seems really super interesting and amazing so you take her home and you have what you think is wild and fucking crazy sex with her like ALL NIGHT and you fall asleep thinking you're in love and then you wake up and her hair extension's fallen out and her make-up is all fucked up and she smells bad but still wants to kiss you and she kinda looks like your mom.

Should we stay strong? I don't know what to do! =[

I can stay strong. For the sake of my wallet and the future deals... I can stay strong.

Digoman

Well, at least Dishonored was close with 37%. I know all of them will be on sale one way or the other, but I really with more people to play that game. It has it's flaws of course, but it was a great step in the right direction for stealth games (if you choose to play it that way).

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Dishnored for 10 bucks would have been great, considering Far Cry 3 was 20 bucks and Borderlands 2 was 10 bucks last week on Xbox Live, and Dishonored is 20 bucks right now on Xbox Live.

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom