• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yondy604

Banned
I am kind of new to the Neogaf family, but I believe what javadots is doing is deserving of a ban.

This thread is supposed to be for people excited about sales, and sharing all these great gifts and games with people.

Having a person get so many significant games, it's simply wrong.

javadots

Banned
To those that say I don't redeem. I redeemed the games that I kept, I gave half of my winnings away. I can't redeem Bad Rats because no network traffic can pass through at the moment. Alan Wake is part of a 'Humble Bundle' and I'd have to download it thought my torrent client, seeing how there are no Steam keys provided. The Infinite key I cannot redeem.

marrec

Banned
God no, please.

Far Cry 3 is not a good game. The world is filled with nothing! Random dogtags, random artifacts. Exploration is barely rewarded. I guess it might be a passable "open-area" shooter, but it utterly fails at creating an open world where you can actually do interesting stuff.

Dishonored is not a good game. The world is filled with easily defeated enemies that never present a challenge to your over-powered ninja. The stealth isn't encouraged at all, so eventually (unless you're really disciplined) you just end up slaughtering everyone you come across which starts out okay but then turns boring quickly. The problem is that there is almost zero penalty for being caught in the act of stealth because you are so overpowered. It takes all the tension out of the game.

Volotaire

I am kind of new to the Neogaf family, but I believe what javadots is doing is deserving of a ban.

This thread is supposed to be for people excited about sales, and sharing all these great gifts and games with people.

Having a person get so many significant games, it's simply wrong.

Okay folks that's pretty much enough of the javadots thing. It's starting to drag on a little bit. Thanks. Use the blocklist if you want to if you're giving away. Put him on ignore as a poster as well if you want to. And javadots please stop gloating or fighting with people. Do whatever you want to do, but please don't escalate the argument over your presence.

Yes

I think it's funny he's winning the giveaways, I do think it's shitty he's not redeeming the games though. Oh well, blacklist from now on.

It is shitty but its not like the Modbot can't be configured to block him.

Part of modbot's existence was to eliminate key poaching like this, like what happened with a particular member named Sulc84 last month who had been stealing keys from dozens of communities including ours. He was called out for it and banned. I don't understand how or why this is particularly any different. I'm a little disturbed frankly that the official response thus far has just been to sweep him under the rug.

I get what you are saying but the thing is that this problem would have not been a problem if people would just configure the modbot to block him or block people that won for a week. He isnt being sneaky about it. He is clearly showing he is snatching up the keys. If the mods thing it is necessary, then just ban him and move on.

Dishonored is not a good game. The world is filled with easily defeated enemies that never present a challenge to your over-powered ninja. The stealth isn't encouraged at all, so eventually (unless you're really disciplined) you just end up slaughtering everyone you come across which starts out okay but then turns boring quickly. The problem is that there is almost zero penalty for being caught in the act of stealth because you are so overpowered. It takes all the tension out of the game.

FC3 is an action oriented game. Dishonored is a stealth oriented game

satori

whelp so glad I got a second job....these summer sales....lordly lord. I heard some good stuff about hotline Miami. Definitely picking that up.

I heard one sound track from it and was instantly in love just for that alone lol.

To those that say I don't redeem. I redeemed the games that I kept, I gave half of my winnings away. I can't redeem Bad Rats because no network traffic can pass through at the moment. Alan Wake is part of a 'Humble Bundle' and I'd have to download it thought my torrent client, seeing how there are no Steam keys provided. The Infinite key I cannot redeem.

gimmie the code, I know how to redeem it lol

HooYaH

a fast rough cut of my screen now:

f7eo6Sy.png

Lol at those links.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Only 40% off Don't Starve? Maybe I'll just wait for the PS4 version. I'll probably pick up Dishonored instead if that ends up as the community winner.

PS: Great thread! You all should be proud of the community here.

Here's this one again, got picked by accident last time.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avadon Black Fortress -- MB-99A4A8CCCB96A2E0 - Taken by Lonewolf_92

whelp so glad I got a second job....these summer sales....lordly lord. I heard some good stuff about hotline Miami. Definitely picking that up.

I heard one sound track from it and was instantly in love just for that alone lol.

Second job for the summer sale? How much are you planning on spending, damn. :p

smr00

Banned
Borderlands 2 fucking won? The thing has been massively discounted like 475 times in the past month.

I lost all faith in the steam community.

Dishonored no :( :(

Oh well got to wait I guess.

Also here

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-D200EF8A580B3EA8 - Taken by Gez

Amzin

Both games are really excellent. haters gonna hate.

I certainly don't want to imply Far Cry 3 is bad, because I haven't played it. Was just trying to respond to the OP without going and digging for his post~

I will probably pick up FC3 (or just Blood Dragon) when they go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom