• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
To new friends!

tumblr_mdn5c0qdmO1rsy0lf.gif

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Stupid ass steam community strikes again, votes for a game that has been on sale a fuck load of times instead of a good game.
Deal isn't even that great; GMG had the game + season pass for $15 (which I missed out on because my bank hates GMG). If the season pass also goes on sale it will cost $10.

Smash88

Banned
Just a heads up for people that don't know, if it's not voted on during the Community Voting portion of the sale, it WILL show up during the flash sales or daily deals. So don't worry if your vote didn't win.

Thanks to Stump for all this work. Don't forget him when gifting!

Hope somebody enjoys these games:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anti Chamber -- MB-3A5AA90496643268 - Taken by Kandrick
Left 4 dead 2 -- MB-177769477327CC58 - Taken by Daedalos42

An-Det

Bah, was hoping for Dishonored. It'll get there at some over the sale at least, plus this lets me get the dlc I didn't pick up from BL2 at launch.

Volotaire

Thanks to Stump for all this work. Don't forget him when gifting!

Hope somebody enjoys these games:

Disclaimer warning to L4d2!!!!! Wait for it!:

Originally Posted by Munin

I wanna buy either Left 4 Dead 2 or Killing Floor. I tried Killing Floor, as it's free right now, and it seems fun enough, but also maybe something that would become boring pretty soon unless played in a LAN environment with lots of beer.

It feels like a really polished mod from circa 2004, which it is, I guess, just not sure about the staying power.

How's L4D2? Any better?
Originally Posted by Volotaire

No point in l4D1, All l4d1 content has been brought into l4d2 now.

Moreover the community for L4D1 now is pitifully low compared to l4d2

And I will warn this to anyone planning on l4d2 online (the main component of L4d series):

The community sucks : very hostile , full of rage quitters and hostile to noobs. Best to play with friends to get experience and have fun.
Originally Posted by PetriP-TNT

I agree. Surprisingly shitty experience, I bought the bundle when it was on sale couple of months ago. Most of the times I would wait 15 minutes to find a game, just to be team killed by someone on purpose. I played it for like 10 hours and could finish only one or two games. The game itself was good but useless if not played with friends.
here should be a disclaimer in all steam threads just for this. I'm serious.

Because it's bad when you're new, really bad. It sucks.

And you're right about finding lobbies, if a team loses the first round, when one or two rage quit, everyone does, rinse and repeat for about 4 or 5 games, you've waited an hour for a proper game.

Best to join quick games, and even then, there will still be pubs, rages and all sorts.

The thing is, if you can get good or play with friends, it's an extremely satisfying game. One of my favourite multiplayer games.

Chojka

In defiance of the community pick!

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Defiance ~ -- MB-924C9354343C1ECA - Taken by Habieru

marrec

Banned
Just how terrible is Dungeon Siege 3?

I recently played through the entire thing and it's not terrible. Just... boring. The inventory interface is the worst thing about it while the combat is surprisingly fun. There are a few really difficult boss battles and a lot of really awkward dialog (JAYNE KASSYNDER JAYNE KASSYNDER JAYNE KASSYNDER), but it's not terrible per se.

Mugatu

Sorry all, I voted for Borderlands before I got to this thread. I just bought Dishonored yesterday and I figured Far Cry was too expensive.

Sianos

Remember when Dead Space 2 beat Just Cause 2 in the votes after Dead Space 2 was already a daily? GOOD TIMES.

Whatever, I'm sure it'll be back.

reposting this guys, just for you <3

ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (UnluckyKate, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-8C2283AB1CB24691
Oil Rush -- MB-02AC71A621F8A1F2

Dipper145

Some of the older posts aren't automatically crossed out as claimed, really wanted hotline miami and I claimed a puzzle game (from unlucky kate) over an hour ago, but they don't seem to be working. I'm going to assume they were taken though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom