• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

I didn't realize this! How can one access the L4D content from L4D2?
An invitation from my brother in law to play the original (then maybe the sequel) made me think of the bundle.

It's already patched in. Free.

I seriously recommend you read any disclaimers of the multiplayer before you purchase either game. I'm serious.

MonkeyDot

Banned
You alright there?

Not you

0GEgv.gif

Ezalc

Voted for Kotor as well. I've never played either of the games, I won't be able to play this one this time either but people here seem to want it more than the others.

I highly recommend Bastion at that price if anyone didn't get it in the Humble Bundle a while back. $7.50 is great for DS, but I'm gonna hold out for $5 eventually, since I've already finished the 360 version.

edit: Gonna vote for KOTOR!

sunnz

I have had Dark souls in my wishlist for quite some time...

Yet even at that price I don't want to get it :p

Something about it puts me off. Maybe next year :p

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah I just got it and the season pass for $15 like a week ago. That was GMG though, I haven't ever seen it that cheap on Steam.

Semi interested in GRID 2 but not for $30, hope it's a daily

In Windows you can snap a window to the left/right and they'll take up half of the screen. You can do it on a Mac with BetterTouchTool

Press the Windows key + left/right arrow.

It's one of the best features of Win7. Press the Windows key plus the right/left directional button while a window is active. It will snap the window to the side of the screen.

Of course you can stop being ghetto and get a second display. That's 10000x better.
I already have a second display - my TV. It gets used for streaming video and watching anime/movies on.
cU9euyV.jpg

This, on the other hand, looks and feels BOSS. Thanks to everyone who gave me the tip.

An-Det

I just finished Kotor 2, so worth it, definitely voting for it here so more people can experience it.

Also, the BL2 season pass is discounted here, so have at it.

FC3 is a fun-oriented game and Dishonored is a failure-at-concept-oriented game.

If you want a stealth game see the Thief series.

FC3 really isn't a strong game either though. And if we are talking 'concept failure', the writer tried to weasel himself out of a failed script by calling it a parody. Mind you, those are his words, not mine. I wouldn't call it a parody, nor would anyone else.
Its emptyness (as someone else mentioned) is also reinforced by the "secret message" in Blood Dragon, which actually is a good parody of both certain tropes as well as, by extention, Far Cry 3 itself.
The main concept of FC3 never really gets of and what you get is entertaining at times, and extremely hollow in almost everything else. In terms of internal consistency, Far Cry 2 is better, even if the ending of that game is bullocks, to put it mildly.
Honestly, I only really enjoyed the first game for what it was. Capturing bases or holdouts or whatever in the sequels in just...well, meh. (Assassin's Creed also has the same gameplay, which makes things even more pronounced)

Hanzou

IS $7.49 the cheapest Dark Souls has ever been? If I reemember right it was on Amazon for $7.49 but they ran out of keys fairly early.

I voted for ME2.

I already beat it on PS3 but I guess I wouldn't mind giving it a go on the PC, especially since I haven't played the first one.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Dark Souls isn't going lower right???? Should I wait for the daily? I can't wait!!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I have Dragon Age Origins on Origin (got it for free), yet I still just bit at the last minute on the Steam sale. I have problems... At least it's the Ultimate edition.

At least Origin won't be one of them anymore. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom