• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

Yes, Dark Souls. Will buy shortly. Only problem, it is 3am here and two of my friends who wanted that game are already asleep and I don't have enough money to buy it for them. Hope it comes back as a daily.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I got Company of Heroes from Exodus and ricochetguro. Thanks duders!

What should I be voting for now? I own all three games.

So is the BL2 season pass worth it or is better to just buy 1 or 2 of the individual expansions? That is are any of the expansions just a waste of time?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Euro Truck Simulator 2... Borderlands 4-Pack... Decisions need to be made.

Euro Truck Sim 2 is actually a very fun and relaxing driving game. Not a racer by any means, but the routes and leveling / business aspect to it make it surprisingly fun. I've got over 50 hours into it and still play it now and then.

MonkeyDot

Banned
this is going so fucking fast, I can't eat my popcorn properly

7naA9.gif

So conflicted on Hotline Miami. Would rather the Vita version but $2.49 is too good to pass up.

And how could you not vote for Saints Row? it's only $5!

sunnz

FC3 really isn't a strong game either though. And if we are talking 'concept failure', the writer tried to weasel himself out of a failed script by calling it a parody. Mind you, those are his words, not mine. I wouldn't call it a parody, nor would anyone else.

It's emptyness (as someone else mentioned) is also reinforced by the "secret message" in Blood Dragon, which actually is a good parody of both certain tropes as well as, by extention, Far Cry 3 itself.

The main concept of FC3 never really gets of and what you get is entertaining at times, and extremely hollow in almost everything else. In terms of internal consistency, Far Cry 2 is better, even if the ending of that game is bullocks, to put it mildly.

Honestly, I only really enjoyed the first game for what it was. Capturing bases or holdouts or whatever in the sequels in just...well, meh. (Assassin's Creed also has the same gameplay, which makes things even more pronounced)

I did enjoy and would, anyway, pick far cry 2 over 3.

Only thing 2 was missing was proper wildlife. Loved the weapon degradation so much too :( Made the game dynamic and made money ( diamonds) worth it. Plus the gun list was better and the settings by a mile.

Enjoyed combat too since I didnt feel so OP in a sense.

Wow! Dark Souls for $8 doesn't seem that bad, I played Demon's Souls but sucked at it terribly. I might give it's sequel a chance, especially since I see that it has controller support as well.

This might be a stupid question but is Dark Souls easier then Demon's Souls? Or at the most if you sucked at Demon's Souls does Dark Souls make it any better?

Ettie

If a game gets a flash deal, like Borderlands 2, that's probably the best it is going to do during the sale right? Seems like flash deals were equivalent to the daily deals in the past.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I didn't realize this! How can one access the L4D content from L4D2?
An invitation from my brother in law to play the original (then maybe the sequel) made me think of the bundle.
Select the campaigns and play them.

Ahh the good olde steam sale thread, always fun trying to keep up.
KUDOS to Stumpokapow for making/creating the modbot.

Will leave this here, enjoy.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Closure -- MB-14E257050367DF7C - Taken by Mugatu
Offspring Fling -- MB-763B411B803A81E4 - Taken by Clever Pun
Titan Quest -- MB-BD2B72D9981670AA - Taken by Rafy
Cargo Commander -- MB-AB94D4B09D60C50B - Taken by Mengy
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War -- MB-A90350917BE9E013 - Taken by Yondy604

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom