• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iorv3th

Can't wait for that dishonored sale. It's the only game I have really been dying to get but waiting on a good price.

Hope everyone votes for it.

AlexBasch

gPr.png

*puts Phil in headlock*
Fuck you, asshole. :mad:

I don't care if the guy says that the sky is blue and humans breath oxygen. Fuck you, asshole.

By the way, I only have a Spy card and have no idea how I even got it. Huh.

so, lemme get this straight. the only thing you earn by trying to get that Getaway badge is only backgrounds and exp? no games, like other sales?

mrgone

Hey, is there some other way to purchase stuff that doesn't require the "add to cart" button on the store pages? Steampowered is completely ignoring javascript right now and it's making me crazy

Aw man, enhancedsteam.com is broken. Poor thing is getting hammered, I'm sure.

EDIT: Got it on the Chrome Store. Time to test it out finally.

Cth

The market is normalizing. Considering you get a card for every $10, and people are buying like crazy, it'll be flooded. AND you can get 1 card a day anyway, if you vote every 8 hours.

It runs for 10 days. So 10 cards, and trading dupes = 1 badge.

I know, just noting that Steam is lagging big time resulting in these crazy shifts.

The rush for the bottom has been going on for a while now.. but with Steam not responding quicker, it gets even more nuts :D

daveo42

Banned
Time to boot up the Steam App and at least get my community vote in. I probably won't be buying anything in the first go around since I already own what they have discounted or I'm just not interested in buying anything.

Looking forward to some good stuff.

the old steam sale badges were so much better, doing certain things in games. This "spend money to earn crap" sucks

Yeah, I really enjoyed buying a game and then playing through a bit of it to get the badge. It not only encouraged me to buy a game, but also play it. Now it's only the former. I guess the normal cards are trying to fulfill that purpose, but giving them out randomly during playtime just feels so sterile and boring.

Granted, I'm in-between gaming computer right now, so I can't run much of anything anyways. Not a big deal to me right now, but I don't really like the direction it is going.

Slyjss

The Time Gentlemen, Please! + Ben There, Dan That pack is .49 $ (0.39 €), that's 90% off. If you like graphic adventures and haven't played them, do yourself a favour and buy them. It's a special edition, if you search on the folder there are some art and things like that.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37400/

How do the cards work? I mean, I see the little banner that says Cards are available, so I wonder is that for just purchasing the game?
If that is the case and the game is purchased as a gift, do I get the cards or the person I gift it to?

Good grief these sales get more complicated. lulz

Angry Fork

It won't let me cast my vote for Dishonored -_- Going to wait a while before trying again. Please vote for that one gaffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom