• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Am I the only one holding out for RE Revelations to be discounted? I get this strange feeling it won't be. I played it on 3DS but I've been wanting that PC version.

EVERYONE BUY ANTICHAMBER. THIS DESERVES ALL CAPS.

I was intending to purchase it but at 75% instead of 66% so I think I'll pass and hope for an Indy Bundle (I know, I know, it's a small difference) since I'm hoping for a few other items and want to ensure that I've enough money by the end of it should they not appear. Certainly a good deal though and it appears to be a very unique game.

EDIT: Also does anybody know if Galactic Civilisation 2: Ultimate Edition has a history of going up for sale at a discount greater than 75%? It's at 66% now so that's what I'm expecting the discount to increase to should it be a daily deal or flash deal but if it has gone lower in the past even better!

dorkimoe

the old steam sale badges were so much better, doing certain things in games. This "spend money to earn crap" sucks

FinKL

Dailies, Flash Sales and Community's Choice are all the same when it comes to discounts. Outside of mistakes, there's never been a case where one contained a better deal than the other.

This really should be posted instead of the "WAIT FOR DAILIES" as this is my 3rd Steam Sale and I came in to ask the same question again and found the answer in the first page

Oneironaut

Neo Member
This thread moves really fast. Anyway, I'm currently trying to buy Magical Drop, but the store is struggling with the transaction.

I've purchased so many games in previous sales that I don't see myself spending all that much in this one. I wanted Bioshock Infinite, but at $30 I can wait a couple of months for something lower.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like some have been selling at $5+. It is crazy. None of mine are even showing up yet, they are getting swamped. Periodically new listings will be added, delayed I assume, at $2 or so, and they get snapped up...

I just want some lonely japanese businessman to buy my $8 cards.

What games have you been playing?

Does Antichamber support an xbox controller?

It doesn't list any controller support in the store page but those are often incomplete.

Deadbeat

Banned
the old steam sale badges were so much better, doing certain things in games. This "spend money to earn crap" sucks
I liked doing achievements. You had to buy a game and do an achievement to win a point in a draw or claim a free item like summer shades or other cool things.

Nabs

Good stuff for cheap!

iWq3QoABS1oPG.gif

Critter Crunch - $1.46 (-79%)

Shatter + Soundtrack - $2.29 (-80%)

Dungeons of Dredmor - $1.24 (-75%)

Audiosurf - $2.49 (-75%)

Magical Drop V - $1.24 (-75%)

Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII - $.98 (-67%)

Waves - $2.49 (-75%)

Q.U.B.E. - $2.49 (-75%)

Pid - $2.49 (-75%)

----

I'll add more later when the site isn't getting hammered.

Grief.exe

Am I the only one holding out for RE Revelations to be discounted? I get this strange feeling it won't be. I played it on 3DS but I've been wanting that PC version.

Its already been discounted at other digital retailers, so I would expect it to get discounted here.

It doesn't have a base discount now, but who knows.

mrgone

So does this mean Daily Deals will never be discounted greater than if the game was a flash sale?

I think that, so far, the only time that the community/flash/daily discounts have differed have been price errors (like that store-crashing discount on Sleeping Dogs last time around)

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Extremely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F72185334D12754C - Taken by K2Valor
Toy Soldiers -- MB-0BB76CB57D99B89D - Taken by javadots

yami4ct

Just saw you can pay through paypal. Cool. That means I can help some fellow gaf-ers with steam sales for other regions. Give me a PM if you see something you want.

Antichamber at almost $7 is still a bit too rich for my blood. CSGO is tempting, though. Also, do you have to sign up for this whole card silliness or are you autmatically participating if youre using the steam beta clients already?

see5harp

Relax fellow GAFfer. There's just a lot of people buying, selling, putting things on Market, etc, etc.

I'm sure they want everything to be perfect you just need to have a bit more patience.

It's a bit of an overreaction but yea, I've had other issues with Steam customer support that add to the frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom