• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
May I ask about the advantage of ModBot? Seems to have a whole lot of regulations/formattings that I'd need to follow. Why not just use the old fashioned email tag giveaway?

I might bite for that Walking Dead 400 Days DLC. Anyone who played the DLC, is it worth it? If you finished it, is it long? Just want to be sure if it's worth $5.

Can anyone tell me why my inventory no longer has a Steam section? It's not only TF2 and Portal 2. :-\

Where are my emoticons, coupons, and backrounds? :(

Also, has the Orange Box ever went for less than $10?

May I ask about the advantage of ModBot? Seems to have a whole lot of regulations/formattings that I'd need to follow. Why not just use the old fashioned email tag giveaway?

Because one person could claim several/all keys in a post previously by being quick. Furthermore a lot of keys went to lurkers who never thanked the posters or attempted to give anything back.

Salsa

you can add different "tags" to modbot to prevent lurkers/people who dont participate/people who already won stuff from taking the gifts

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I understand how ModBot works! Thanks Salsa & ModBot/Stump :D

At least, I think I don't need to do anything now after I've redeemed it.

Believe it was created to weed out lurkers, but it actually has a ton of useful options such as restricting previous winners or even individual users.

Oreoleo

Because people want to know who is taking their stuff? I guess?

I might bite for that Walking Dead 400 Days DLC. Anyone who played the DLC, is it worth it? If you finished it, is it long? Just want to be sure if it's worth $5.

It was good. took around 90 min or so. Its supposed to tie in with season two so it may be worth picking up just for that.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

With the proper instructions, modbot will ignore people that already won once in a certain time frame, lurkers, etc.

Mostly it's to avoid people just grabbing keys and not even saying thanks.

justjim89

Ok, I went from having no copies of Frozen Synapse to 2 copies from one purchase. Anyone want to trade me something for the second one?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
you can add different "tags" to modbot to prevent lurkers/people who dont participate/people who already won stuff from taking the gifts

Lurkers cant take email tag giveaways either since they cant quote the post.

Are discounts for games consistent throughout a sale? If Bioshock Infinite is 50% off now, will it always be 50% off during reappearances or in flash deals?

Can anyone tell me why my inventory no longer has a Steam section? It's not only TF2 and Portal 2. :-\

Where are my emoticons, coupons, and backrounds? :(

Also, has the Orange Box ever went for less than $10?

IIRC it was 5,00$ before or even 2,50$. I bought it dirt-cheap before.

Steam is really getting hammered today more so than in other years. On the one hand this is good because it indicates increased amount of attention. On the other hand it is damn annoying :p

mrgone

Hey, I just noticed the text in the voting box:
"Plus!
Voting could get you a Summer Getaway Trading Card
Subject to availability. Restrictions apply."

Manufactured shortages, yo?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can somebody with a Twitter account ask Two Tribes if you need to have redeemed a key from the Humble Bundle to receive the Toki Tori 2 discount coupon? I already owned the games prior to the bundle going live and the coupon is part of the reason why I purchased it.

Groof

The best part about this sale is that I'm too broke to afford most of the games!

I AM FREE FROM THE CURSE!

lol i'll probably still end up buying way more games than i can afford

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 -- MB-7792F0F40B3B76BE - Taken by Habieru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom