• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
With the proper instructions, modbot will ignore people that already won once in a certain time frame, lurkers, etc.

Mostly it's to avoid people just grabbing keys and not even saying thanks.

I always have the people contact me via PM for the keys, and I never had one not saying thanks in that same PM.

cicero

He asked people to gift him Bioshock Infinite and used a racial slur.

Why should anyone help him?

Playing Devil's Advocate here, he IS from Belgium, and given the whole usage of the word in American pop culture, he might not get the gravity of the word when he used it like he did, that being not specifically in a pejorative sense.

So, is there going to be a Borderlands 2 GOTY edition this sale? Me and my cousin want to buy Borderlands 2, we both don't have creditcards, so we're buying it through Steam,

Jawmuncher

The Modbot instructions are confusing as hell to me. >_>

It was to me but ill make it simple.

You PM Modbot
PM title must be register
In the pm box put in this format game title - steam key
(Example Frog - 3333333333333)

You'll get a pm back. Quote the pm copy and paste in thread. That's it.

Lurkers cant take email tag giveaways either since they cant quote the post.

I meant registered lurkers, should have specified sorry. I'd imagine it was just no fun making a huge email tag giveaway and have nobody thank you while you're left with used up keys.

Socreges

Banned
Question:

Company of Heroes Complete is 50% off right now.... $15 until July 22nd..... could it potentially be one of the daily deals despite already being heavily discounted?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May I ask about the advantage of ModBot? Seems to have a whole lot of regulations/formattings that I'd need to follow. Why not just use the old fashioned email tag giveaway?

Well,

1) Feel free to use email tags, it's strictly additive.

2) It really isn't any harder than using the email tags and I have no idea how you're getting the impression it has a lot of regulations or formatting that needs to be followed.

3) The advantages are pretty obvious if you either think about it or actually read the howto:
- It'll auto-edit when games are claimed so people don't waste their time
- You can restrict giveaways in many ways
- You can give away keys anonymous
- People can only claim one thing, prohibiting someone from driveby taking all the keys
- You can see who got the keys so there's incentive for them to thank you and you can follow up with them to see if they like the game

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm Transformers Fall of Cybertron is not even on sale at all so I guess no daily chances... Sucks, my friend wanted it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yay!

Thread moving amazingly fast as expected.
Antichamber and Toki Tori 2+ for me it seems (I also got 2 10% off coupons for TT2+ out of nowhere)

AlexBasch

I forgot about New Vegas DLC. Shit never went below 40% a piece last sale.

Have you got friends to play it with? Yes, it's a blast.

Are you going to play it by yourself? Maybe...
Oh, now I remember why I never bought it.

nictron

Why isn't Bioshock Infinite Season Pass -50%?

It was for about a half hour then went back to regular price, I tried buying just the pass without have B:I and it wouldn't let me purchase.

Went to GMG with voucher for $24 and buy the time I registered the key the Season Pass was back to full price. :(

KScorp

Ok, so it turns out ModBot simply didn't send me a PM back the first time, so I manually added the key to the quote. Anyway, here's Brink Complete Pack. As much as I want to expand my Steam library, there's 0 chance of me playing this.

Please only take it if you're going to play it. I know this game isn't very popular.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brink Complete Pack: MB-F41122282FD4C45B - Taken by javadots

x3uhzvy.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37010/

Though steam should have asked MS for some servers, haven't come through buying it yet.

could any fellow gaffer help me getting this? it's 9,49€ here

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, is there going to be a Borderlands 2 GOTY edition this sale? Me and my cousin want to buy Borderlands 2, we both don't have creditcards, so we're buying it through Steam,

There can't be a sale on something that hasn't been released. :p

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think I have just about all the games I want. :p I would like RE:R and RE6, but they're not going to get to the prices I would buy them at.

masterkajo

It was for about a half hour then went back to regular price, I tried buying just the pass without have B:I and it wouldn't let me purchase.

Went to GMG with voucher for $24 and buy the time I registered the key the Season Pass was back to full price. :(

NOoooooo! Why, GabeN? Why?

EDIT: you could have bought it as a gift and stored it in your inventory, i think.

HoosTrax

Nice, been wanting to try these for a while.

Shame the store isn't responding.

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Dumb question, any chance they can run out of keys?
Steam can sometimes run out of keys for non-Steamworks games. You still have the option to buy it at the sale price and Steam will get you a key when they get more.

It was to me but ill make it simple.

You PM Modbot
PM title must be register
In the pm box put in this format game title - steam key
(Example Frog - 3333333333333)

You'll get a pm back. Quote the pm copy and paste in thread. That's it.

No longer confused, thanks a lot.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
DLC worth it?

Depends on what you want. The developers have added a ton of free DLC and other upgrades through the life of the title.

Paid DLC:

Disharmony DLC: Completely. It revamps some of the weaker mechanics like the battle system and AI and adds a complete new faction. The faction is completely different and doesn't use the same currency mechanic that every previous race relies on. Also it adds more content to the overall game.

The Emperor edition adds a re-skinned faction and an additional hero. It also has some meta game effects (influence on how developers develop updates) I thought it was okay but if you had to choose only one, I would go with Disharmony.

Koeta

I voted for Dishonored, I own it already but I feel like more people should play it, it was pretty good for a new IP.

Jawmuncher

Hmm Transformers Fall of Cybertron is not even on sale at all so I guess no daily chances... Sucks, my friend wanted it.

Activision is so stingy with sales. I've still been waiting for 10 or less for prototype 2 regret not grabbing it the one time amazon sold it for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom