• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBasch

poor steam, dying of thirst

orangoutan.jpg

Turfster

Ok, so it turns out ModBot simply didn't send me a PM back the first time, so I manually added the key to the quote. Anyway, here's Brink Complete Pack. As much as I want to expand my Steam library, there's 0 chance of me playing this.

Please only take it if you're going to play it. I know this game isn't very popular.

That wasn't Alice, javadots!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I always have the people contact me via PM for the keys, and I never had one not saying thanks in that same PM.

Which is cool--although it isn't the email method, which is what you lead with--but requires you to manually PM all the people back. And wastes a bunch of people's time because they PM you not knowing the key is already taken. And you need to manually edit the keys when they are taken.

Is it worth it:

Sure, it's 5 bucks.

Is it long:

Nope, about an hour.

Its 1 hour and 25 minutes in length and worth every penny.

It was good. took around 90 min or so. Its supposed to tie in with season two so it may be worth picking up just for that.

Thanks people. Kinda saddening that it's only about 1hr-1hr30mins long, but I don't mind since it's only $5. I guess I'll bite, I really did enjoy The Walking Dead anyways.

You can get it for $4 after coupon at GMG.

Sadly I only have a steam card on me, so I can't get anything from GMG. I don't have a credit card either so I can't pay online.

His attitude is literally the only thing stopping me from getting the game (which I'm sure is awesome and all). I know, I'm the only one missing out doing that, still I can't bring myself to buy his game.

What did I miss? What did this guy (Phil Fish) do to bring on the hate? I know nothing about him.

Hmm Transformers Fall of Cybertron is not even on sale at all so I guess no daily chances... Sucks, my friend wanted it.

Not necessarily, I seem to recall Far Cry 3 not having a sale price during the Christmas sale, only to spring up as a daily in the midweek. That being said Transformers is an Activision game, and they are notorious for small discounts during these sales.

The_Monk

I voted for Dishonored, I own it already but I feel like more people should play it, it was pretty good for a new IP.

This is correct fellow GAFfer. I did, however played on the PS3. *runs*

I went for a almost No Kill and No Detection run, felt good!

Sblargh

Banned
Well, whatever, it's steam sale, we buy stuff we don't know if we'll ever play, right?

Endless Space bought. First damage of the sale done.

Can somebody with a Twitter account ask Two Tribes if you need to have redeemed a key from the Humble Bundle to receive the Toki Tori 2 discount coupon? I already owned the games prior to the bundle going live and the coupon is part of the reason why I purchased it.

Everyone who owns a Two Tribes game gets a code for every game they have (they said a few days ago)

javadots

Banned
To everyone giving up some of their future retirement funds to give away games, I greatly appreciate it and in no way take it for granted. It's a good feeling knowing that there are real people living in this neo-autonomous world. Thanks again.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well,

1) Feel free to use email tags, it's strictly additive.

2) It really isn't any harder than using the email tags and I have no idea how you're getting the impression it has a lot of regulations or formatting that needs to be followed.

3) The advantages are pretty obvious if you either think about it or actually read the howto:
- It'll auto-edit when games are claimed so people don't waste their time
- You can restrict giveaways in many ways
- You can give away keys anonymous
- People can only claim one thing, prohibiting someone from driveby taking all the keys
- You can see who got the keys so there's incentive for them to thank you and you can follow up with them to see if they like the game

Hm, alright. All of those advantages also apply to just doing a contest that will require the people to contact you or you contacting them though. "I give out 5 keys for! Best 5 drawings/Random 5 drawings of XYZ win" or "I got 5 random keys for XYZ, first 5 people quoting the post, get a PM by me!"

If I am personally giving out keys, I can edit my contest post once its over, can restrict in any way, can look up who I already sent keys to, etc.

I guess it saves time if Modbot does the key sharing, but hm. I think I prefer doing it personally with my own PMs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yay!

Thread moving amazingly fast as expected.
Antichamber and Toki Tori 2+ for me it seems (I also got 2 10% off coupons for TT2+ out of nowhere)

I take it you redeemed a key from the Humble Weekly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom