• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezra2680

My damage from the sale so far, not counting gift purchases

To The Moon
Super Hexagon 2-Pack
PixelJunk Eden
Puzzle Kingdoms
They Bleed Pixels
Dark Souls
The Basement Collection
The Last Remnant
Fly'N
McPixel
Super House of Dead Ninjas

dex3108

I'm wondering if GTA IV will go down in price before the sale ends? I want to gift it to my roommate/friend because he's super stoked about GTA V and has never played a GTA game before.

GTA collection usually goes down on Summer Sale, all GTA games for 7,5 euros or 7,5$ if i remember correctly

I hate that Dark Souls is tied to Windows Live so much. I don't know why but WL won't let me sign in to redeem my code so I couldn't go online. I don't mind not being online while I play, no problem. Here's the bad part, it wouldn't let me save my game without being logged into Windows Live.

They could have warned me that I wouldn't be able to save if I didn't log in. I never used WL before so I don't know what happens or what it affects if I don't log in, tell me next time Windows geez.

I'm so mad because I passed the whole tutorial level and was greeted by that message while trying to quit the game.

Digoman

That's...simpler than I expected. Wow, if so people can set their own prices, there be must some idiots who try to sell for crazy high prices.

I guess cards for discounted games aren't going to be worth much :(

Unfortunately, since everything is discounted now prices are dropping. The sale probably made a lot more people aware of the cards so that puts more of them for sale. You can search on the Steam Market to see what to expect (at least right now) in terms of prices (example: "Half-life 2 trading cards").

Is Modbot down? I PMed, but there was no response. If Half Life 2 is even still available, that is.

edit: oh wait, I didn't see the requirement of previously giving something through modbot. I gave away 2 copies of Overlord earlier if that means anything :p

Sorry the post didn't update because it wasn't the original quote... here's the updated status of it..

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Counter Strike Source -- MB-2814BD4EA408175E - Taken by The Wizard
The Ship -- MB-A11F01E7BFD90F85
Half-Life 2 -- MB-4DC56EB16BBC09E2 - Taken by ameridion
The Binding of Isaac -- MB-79622A2745F42248 - Taken by Discoid
enjoy The Ship, somebody!

73V3N

Banned
He really, REALLY doesn't like the look of the PS2 era GTA games. Like, at all.

I dunno, man.

I think there was a graphic patch for SA to make it look like GTA IV, but I don't remember how good it was and if you can apply it to the steam version.

xkpKzO9.png

Thank you JaseC, I'm currently on vacation so I don't think I'll be posting much nor can read most of the thread. Can barely connect an vote for community.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, nothing for me either. Holding back as I've not got a huge amount of disposable income. Waiting for a flash/daily on something I really want.

jtb

Banned
He really, REALLY doesn't like the look of the PS2 era GTA games. Like, at all.

I dunno, man.

GTA IV complete will be $12 on Amazon 7/13-7/14, if you don't want to wait anxiously for the day it'll drop in price. you'll get steam keys with that. idk if Steam will go any lower than that, that's like... 65% off or so.

but yeah, not liking the look of the PS2 GTA's? what, does he hate FUN?!?

Sober

Day 1 nothing!

I'm probably going to buy Strike Suit Infinity though. I don't know why I'm going to wait for Civ V to show up just to probably get 10% off on Brave New World.

So an hour into Bastion:
- Art style is awesome, very unique and artistic
- Combat is great, fluid and fast, still adjusting to the controls but I finally understand the benefits of a mouse over analog
- The narrator is so cool, love how the dialgoue reflects your actions
- Need to download that OST. I love instrumental music from movies and games and the Basion OST is great.

Well worth the $2.24. Very happy with my purchase so far

Now please the Dailies/Flashes tomorrow include Warband or Gunpoint...

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I bought:

Endless space
They bleed pixels
Tales from space, blob
Euro truck simulator 2
Dark Souls
Magic Drop V

And I'm pretty sure I have forgotten something (how crazy is it that I forgot what I bought on sale today)

Sober

I should buy like 10 copies of The Ship and send them to mod bot and watch the chaos ensue as everyone tries to give away their extra copies that they get from it.

Thieve

Neo Member
day 1 damage
nothing

on the verge of getting scribblenauts but something's stopping me from pressing the buy button.

I haven't gotten anything either, but Scribblenauts is pretty fun (in my opinion at least), it's a bit repetitive if you take the simplest way to solve a puzzle, but if you think about ridiculous ways to solve things it's a ton of fun and eats up a decent chunk of time to 100%.

(All the things are ridable!)

Unfortunately, since everything is discounted now prices are dropping. The sale probably made a lot more people aware of the cards so that puts more of them for sale. You can search on the Steam Market to see what to expect (at least right now) in terms of prices (example: "Half-life 2 trading cards").
So would it be best to wait till after the Sale to sell anything? Or has the damage been done?

Ezra2680

When did the Lineage games get removed? Just searched for them because I debated all last sale about buying them. Only the trailer is still there.

Grief.exe

Which mount and blade should i get?

each one seems to expand on the other...should i just pick up fire and sword?

Warband.

I hate that Dark Souls is tied to Windows Live so much. I don't know why but WL won't let me sign in to redeem my code so I couldn't go online. I don't mind not being online while I play, no problem. Here's the bad part, it wouldn't let me save my game without being logged into Windows Live.

They could have warned me that I wouldn't be able to save if I didn't log in. I never used WL before so I don't know what happens or what it affects if I don't log in, tell me next time Windows geez.

I'm so mad because I passed the whole tutorial level and was greeted by that message while trying to quit the game.

GFWL is complete garbage and luckily From has learned from their mistake in Dark Souls II.

Game is PC lead platform, should be Steamworks, and has dedicated servers.

There is some good news on that front, GFWL is getting patched out of Batman:AA/AC and Bioshock 2 and looks to be on its way out.

Jamie OD

Borderlands 2 Season Pass and bonus character DLCs are my only purchases so far. Skyrim Legendary edition is my most wanted game this year.

Vibranium

Banned
How much are Hotline Miami foil cards going for? If the price is super low I think I'll just hold onto my rooster card.

Loving the game, holy crap I should have got it sooner. Good thing I figured out how to get full resolution and v-sync on. I'll pick up the sequel probably at full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom