• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

ibkiNMI7Pgts1j.png

It has finally blessed my library.

Dang, now I'm even more upset.

So I finally checked out this card market. Guess I will get involved in this after all. It's seems like a great incentive to actually play one's games

Question: what is considered "acceptable"? If a card is valued 0.35 and I placed it at 0.40, is that too high? Would people buy anyway?

Is Fallout 3 really broken if I try it on Windows 7? If it is, can it be fixed?

It took me forever to to get it working, had to restrict it to 1 core and limit the AI processes and finally there was some mp3 codec conflict with my comp so I had to rename the music directory to something else to force it not to play the sound track. Ambient and video music still worked fine though.

N.A

Banned
Current purchases:

FTL
Half-Life Complete Collection (got it at 75% off yesterday)
L4D2

Hoping top get some XSEED games at some point.

Dmax3901

So I just downloaded and installed Dark Souls only for it to be greyed out in Steam and when I click install it wants to dl it all over again? wtf?!

def sim

Thanks for being silly, duders.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel -- MB-A0801A91C23C528B - Taken by JoduanER2

Carm

My god there are to many posts in this thread. It has taken me, it seems, from 11pm cst till 1:50am cst to go from post #5901 to #8708.

So much salt because Borderlands 2 won. You guys realize it won because people are smart and realize all of that somewhat overpriced dlc would be further discounted right?
Dishonored will get its turn eventually.

Purchases so far:
Borderlands 2 DLC spread across 3 copies x78
Fly'N Soundtrack Edition

Spiderweb Software Humbebundle Weekly

I keep eyeing Dyad and the soundtrack for Hotline Miami

Having played both, I prefer the Mechromancer to the Psycho. But honestly, watch some playthroughs to see if it fits your style.

Gaige is more of a "hunter" type of character and you can build up your summon. Generally, you're gonna be pretty weak one on one, but you can build stacks to help.

The Psycho is all about going in headfirst without thinking of the consequences. You have lower health, but it's easier to come back from being downed.

Complete opposite for me Psycho > Mechromancer. I'm just on the first play through on both though, and I'm cooping with Psycho which may change some things.

So I finally checked out this card market. Guess I will get involved in this after all. It's seems like a great incentive to actually one's games

Question: what is considered "acceptable"? If a card is valued 0.35 and I placed it at 0.40, is that too high? Would people buy anyway?

Probably not. Everybody undercuts everybody. Now, if there;s only one card below yours that's fine, but I usually put all mine for the exact amount the last bunch sold for and I've sold 30 bucks worth of cards.

Seance

Banned
Any good deals so far. I think the only deal Steam had over gmg and Amazon during the winter sale was kotor 1 + 2 lol. Im keen on Bioshock Infinite but it will surely drop lower than 30 soon.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Going to bed, see you guys tomorrow

Keep browsing the thread in your dreams. See you in 5 minutes.

Found this extra copy of Nightsky. Not much, but thought I'd add to the generousity of the thread.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nightsky -- MB-D8BFF12FFB46ED75 - Taken by Dipper145

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I need some help. I want the Disharmony expansion for Endless Space, but it's only $3 less than just buying ES + expansion. I'd like to get a giftable copy of ES, and then keep the expansion for myself. Is this doable at all? Condition F on Steam's "Extra Copies" FAQ is not clear (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656)

I believe you can send them both to your inventory and give one away while redeeming another?

Grief.exe

what are some must have indies aside from the big known ones? (ftl, fez etc)

OK

Hotline Miami
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Rogue Legacy
Don't Starve
Mark of the Ninja
Bastion
Binding of Isaac
Chivalry
Terraria
Cave Story +
To The Moon

If you don't play indie, you are missing out on the most creative, fun, and innovative games out there.

KeRaSh

Many of the really cheap games I want I already own with the exception of Don't Starve, which I will pick up on the PS4 from PS Plus. I feel safe for now.

Poverty is imminent...

Yondy604

Banned
What's that?.........

it's the LAST REMNANT fairy.

What do you need?.....

BUY ME!

ok!

^ buy it for 3$ 70 hour rpg for redic price

Complete opposite for me Psycho > Mechromancer. I'm just on the first play through on both though, and I'm cooping with Psycho which may change some things.

Axton and Mecromancer combination made for a pretty fun pair up. A friend and I were using this combination a few weeks ago. Giant robot + turret deployment is just such a lazy and fun way to play. I look forward to trying out the Psycho.

OK

Hotline Miami
Rogue Legacy
Don't Starve
Mark of the Ninja
Bastion
Binding of Isaac
Chivalry
Terraria
Cave Story +
To The Moon

If you don't play indie, you are missing out on the most creative, fun, and innovative games out there.

have all of these! and yep indie is where its at. just thought i mightve missed out on something obscure.

This thread is flying. Need advice for Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack or Mechromancer Pack?

You should be good with the default characters. Out of the 2 I prefer Mechro although the Psycho has some interesting, unique gameplay with the tree where you set yourself on fire and the one where you can turn into a badass goliath

Alts

Well, bought Endless Space Gold, and won't be able to redeem just the expansion. Oh, well. If someone wants ES and wants to save three dollars, maybe we can trade? ES Gold for just the expansion. PM me, please.

Grief.exe

OK

Hotline Miami
Rogue Legacy
Don't Starve
Mark of the Ninja
Bastion
Binding of Isaac
Chivalry
Terraria
Cave Story +
To The Moon

Also, To The Moon

I actually got that one in my edit. I haven't played it yet, but I got it gifted to me today by Metalshade.

have all of these! and yep indie is where its at. just thought i mightve missed out on something obscure.

You have impeccable taste then.

And with that, I go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom