• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Makes sense for each Summer Getaway to be the premier daily deal for each day of the sale. Weird to see Torchlight 2 and Football Manager there though. Happy for Prison Architect :D

Arthea

Store performance not only prevented me from buying Skyrim, but anything else too, by not finishing any transaction.
Thanks to that, I came to my senses and may even not buy anything!
How awesome is that? :(

Oublieux

please everyone buy Psychonauts, do yourself a favor, its $2.49, one of the best games ive ever played.

It's the little things that make Psychonauts so amazing. When you get the ability to see through the minds of other characters, you can see the the sometimes traumatizing and depressing pasts of the NPCs.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Store performance not only prevented me from buying Skyrim, but anything else too, by not finishing any transaction.
Thanks to that, I came to my senses and may even not buy anything!
How awesome is that? :(

You will surely get the Skyrim

JoduanER2

It's the little things that make Psychonauts so amazing. When you get the ability to see through the minds of other characters, you can see the the sometimes traumatizing and depressing pasts of the NPCs.

i know that was the best of it, loved guessing how the mind of a certain character was going to look like, amazing game, seriously in the top 5 of the last gen.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Reus being there is reaaaaally nice too. Maybe I'll get to do an highest recommended Indie list during the day.

Please do. The Modbot rush seems to have dissipated so we can start talking about the games, not just giving them away.

Tak3n

Banned
Is Unepic actually good? if so i should probably put it also on my wishlist.

I am realling enjoying it, be warned there is a lot of backtracking, essentially every room has a notepad where you can write something down for later etc...

I have not tried the MP yet, and that seems to be where all the focus of the Dev is right now as single player is finished....

also dont buy it from GOG, I did and it was DRM free, but the Dev wont supply a steam key, only if you buy it from his site will you get a steam key, if that makes sense

Strike Suit Infinity any good?

I don't have infinity but I have Strike Suit Zero. Just beat the game last week and it's a pretty fun game, definitely reminiscent of homeworld.

But a word of warning I thought the controls were REALLY bad. Couldn't even play with k&m. When I switchted to a controller it got better but still you need to remap a lot of the buttons including the sticks.

My top two most wanted - Gunpoint and Warband - are set in stone, those aren't changing. My number three, however, is undecided...

So when the time comes (aka available as Dailies)...Amnesia or Rainbow Six 3 Gold (or Prison Architect if the price is low enough)?

Blablurn

I like Zero quite a bit. Haven't played Infinity, though.

I don't have infinity but I have Strike Suit Zero. Just beat the game last week and it's a pretty fun game, definitely reminiscent of homeworld.

But a word of warning I thought the controls were REALLY bad. Couldn't even play with k&m. When I switchted to a controller it got better but still you need to remap a lot of the buttons including the sticks.

AHA-Lambda

Wait, just realised, why are there so much fewer bundle packs this sale?
I don't see any publisher packs and there aren't any indie bundles, how come?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is Unepic actually good? if so i should probably put it also on my wishlist.

This game is really, really, really, really good. Easily one of the best Indies I've played lately (and I've played a ton). I'll get around to creating an OT for it eventually. It basically plays like a non-random roguelike with witty dialogue and interesting level progression. Fantastically fun game with some good humor (Case in point: Commentary on the first enemy you kill). Cant write up more because I need to do some shopping for vacation tomorrow.
sc_2.png

Listen to these guys and try the demo at least:

PandaPedinte said:
This game really is what Toma advertised! Loved the intro and all the references so far, this game caught my attention. Everyone should play it.

Unepic said:
Caught me by surprise, I'd been eyeing it previously on desura and decided to try it out. Definitely worthwhile and I will be investing in a copy of it as soon as I get a chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maximizing that profit. Games with cards also can stay more expensive for longer so that the cards remain valuable on the market.

Thieve

Neo Member

I noticed this as well, but didn't the first day of last years sale not have any either? I'm hoping they just bring them in for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom