• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The OST is available on Spotify. There are quiet alot of OST's on spotify, I compiled a list where I add more albums as I find them.

I'm going to bookmark this. :p

KB+M, I should probably use a controller though at times. I have a mechanical keyboard so if you listen one can hear me tapping away :D

How was the quality? Been a few months so I'm not sure if things reset or need adjusting. Mic volume does it seems at the least.

Video was great. Microphone levels were a bit low though. About 70/30. Most of the time it was okay, but some of you're comments blended into the explosions and gunfire.

It's not that it's arcadey, it's like.. well for a simulator it doesn't give a fuck what you do really. You can speed, drive on the wrong side of the road, cut off cars, block the road etc and the game doesn't give a damn. Only thing it punishes you for is running red lights (which are few), and damaging your vehicle (which you have to hit something pretty good to do)

Also I haven't been to europe, but I'm going to take a guess that these roads are pretty much bullshit.

That's actually disappointing really. I was looking forward to a straight simulator.

Any opinions on Inversion? It's only $5, and I doubt it'll go cheaper.

Get it. The game is a solid 8/10. It doesn't iterate on the quality of the mechanics or story of the games that it takes it's design ques from. So in that respect it doesn't shine in it's own light. But it is a very solid game especially for $5.

Alice: Madness Returns is good but it's the most overly lengthy game I've played. Took me something like 23 hours to beat it and by gosh it's almost entirely the same exact gameplay and platforming throughout. All that changes is the art, atmosphere, and costumes. Which is enough given I got through and enjoyed it but I would have loved it to be a bit more diverse.

Shame the next entry in the series is a social game :/

Got Dark Souls, still on the fence about Endless Space. Looks cool but i have zero experience with this genre and am a bit scared of the complexity it seems to have.

I was wanting to get into 4X for awhile and had tried a couple in the past (Sword of the Stars, as an example) and it felt way beyond me. I loaded up the complete edition that I forgot I even had and now they had tutorial videos in there, lol. Once again I tried getting into it but it kept losing me. I read some of the Endless Space OT and saw how people said it was more accessible than other games like it so I took the plunge and am glad I did. Very easy to learn and you start playing pretty quickly. I'm really into it and it's given me confidence to try out other games in the genre eventually.

Got Dark Souls, still on the fence about Endless Space. Looks cool but i have zero experience with this genre and am a bit scared of the complexity it seems to have.

I didn't have much experience with the 4x genre either, but the in game tutorial was pretty helpful and in the first week of owning the game I logged about 12 hours. It's really fun and the music is kinda relaxing. There are also a lot of Lets Play videos on YouTube to learn from. Buy it!

Sini

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-4D6015B24EAFB931 - Taken by Thezez
Tiny and Big -- MB-355A44907D495811 - Taken by Shadowplay1979
English Country Tune -- MB-03140324BD492535 - Taken by Dipper145
Intrusion 2 -- MB-01939AD0A58ADDF5 - Taken by Gez
Oil Rush -- MB-60E05D467774860E - Taken by statham
asda

You better not have bought the season pass AND tiny tina. The DLC is included

0207_d54p.gif

At least it was only a 3 dollar purchase so I don't feel too burned over it. But thanks for listing the details on what the forth DLC pack was on your Steam page, Gearbox.

Oh my Dark Souls is on sale.

Aaaaaahhh

Tempting.

It has been on my wishlist.

But I'm also afraid of it.
The Souls were my first "hard" games. Before them, I never liked difficulty games and would never attempt harder difficulties

The games aren't actually hard. Well I guess they are, but they also reward common sense and intelligence. Play smart, play cautious, don't run unprepared into unexplored rooms, and you won't die as much. Play as if you're just an ordinary person against overwhelming odds, not as a unstoppable badass and you'll be good.

I consider the game survival horror as much an RPG. The enemy design is beautifully grotesque; some of favorite in any medium, you're always outnumbered and underpowered, you're a weak nobody in an unforgiving world that will kill you if you let your guard down.

The tension and fear of the unknown
The satisfication of an earned victory
The bitter taste of a stupid death
The sudden chill of being invaded
The bleakness of the world

That's what make Dark Souls worth your purchase
(Are you sold yet?)

JoduanER2

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

hahaha

AndyLonn

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Bet fighting Gorilla's is tough

Divius

The Souls were my first "hard" games. Before them, I never liked difficulty games and would never attempt harder difficulties

The games aren't actually hard. Well I guess they are, but they also reward common sense and intelligence. Play smart, play cautious, don't run unprepared into unexplored rooms, and you won't die as much. Play as if you're just an ordinary person against overwhelming odds, not as a unstoppable badass and you'll be good.

I consider the game survival horror as much an RPG. The enemy design is beautifully grotesque; some of favorite in any medium, you're always outnumbered and underpowered, you're a weak nobody in an unforgiving world that will kill you if you let your guard down.

(Are you sold yet?)
Already downloading it, but your post confirmed I made a good choice ;)

Sajjaja

Well fuck you too, asshole.

I enjoyed that. Thank you lol.

So when the time comes (aka available as Dailies or Flashes)...Amnesia or Rainbow Six 3 Gold (or Prison Architect if the price is low enough)?

Sera O

Banned
I picked up To the Moon and am waiting to see if DMC4 goes lower later on. Between the sale/new games and evo streams, it seems this weekend is going to consist of me whimpering pathetically when the sunlight hits my vulnerable eyes. Summer getaway my ass! More like summer mole-person. . .

wes-

(Are you sold yet?)

I'm sold, bought!

Almighty

I hope you guys voted for Kotor II. I needs that game in my collection.

Anyway I am tempted to pick up Bastion and Hotline: Miami. So cheap, but they don't look like the kind of games I normally play.

Un4

I was wanting to get into 4X for awhile and had tried a couple in the past (Sword of the Stars, as an example) and it felt way beyond me. I loaded up the complete edition that I forgot I even had and now they had tutorial videos in there, lol. Once again I tried getting into it but it kept losing me. I read some of the Endless Space OT and saw how people said it was more accessible than other games like it so I took the plunge and am glad I did. Very easy to learn and you start playing pretty quickly. I'm really into it and it's given me confidence to try out other games in the genre eventually.

I didn't have much experience with the 4x genre either, but the in game tutorial was pretty helpful and in the first week of owning the game I logged about 12 hours. It's really fun and the music is kinda relaxing. There are also a lot of Lets Play videos on YouTube to learn from. Buy it!

Sounds good, thanks! I'll get the Gold edition while it's a Daily.

Friend is playing Euro Truck 2 and crashed and landed on his side and can't continue the mission. Says he can't restart or reset his car. Any tips as to what he should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom