• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Quick question regarding Dark Souls: Controller or M+KB?

I have a PS3 controller I could use.

I'm a mouse and keyboard guy with EVERY other game... but even tweaked and modded accordingly, it never felt right with Dark Souls. I'd recommend a controller all the way, my friend, but others have happily played through with M+K (somehow!).

Divius

Okay, thanks for the replies. PS3 Controller for Dark Souls it is.

I have DS3 Tool MotioninJoy, is that okay or is there a better tool for it?

AHA-Lambda

Quick question regarding Dark Souls: Controller or M+KB?

I have a PS3 controller I could use.

Have someone gift it to you!

There are people in the OP who could help.

Definitely controller, I think it's the only game I've seen on steam that basically comes with a warning on the store page telling you to play with a controller.

Oublieux

Steam sales being on makes work a fucking excersize in self torture :(

If it's because you can't buy anything on a work computer, have you tried your smartphone (I'm assuming you have one). You can purchase directly from the app or even the mobile web page.

Roland1979

How many more years until Skyrim is $5 ?

Until you take a arrow to the knee.
Sorry for the lame joke, it's Steam so probably not that long before a really tempting discount is popping up, just keep checking the store or set a notification.

Almighty

Okay, thanks for the replies. PS3 Controller for Dark Souls it is.

I have DS3 Tool MotioninJoy, is that okay or is there a better tool for it?

I replaced MotioninJoy with this. Emulates the DS3 as a 360 controller. So far I am liking it better as I just plug in my controller and it works. No need to run anything else like MotioninJoy makes you.

Edit: I should mention that I use my DS3 via USB.

My first Summer Sale has been a success:
Bastion
GMod and Incredipede (gifts as part of a deal)

Question about GMOD: Since it's a mod, is any extra tinkering required or can I just click Play?

Jzero

My first Summer Sale has been a success:
Bastion
GMod and Incredipede (gifts as part of a deal)

Question about GMOD: Since it's a mod, is any extra tinkering required or can I just click Play?

Just click to "play". You'll be building more than playing.

If it's because you can't buy anything on a work computer, have you tried your smartphone (I'm assuming you have one). You can purchase directly from the app or even the mobile web page.

I do own a smartphone but it's not that, it's purchasing all of these games my job prevents me from playing.

Daaaamn I can't buy anything :(
I wanted Bastion but it says:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I guess it is the overload or something but damn. It worked a minute ago when I gifted Dark Souls to a friend :(

jediyoshi

Only named that because it was originally a mod. Past the download you're fine to launch it.

How can I know which games on Amazon are steam activatable? Apparently, activatable is a word. Huh.

It'll typically list lower on the page around System Requirements that a Steam account is required.

PaulLFC

Is Steam's checkout playing up for anyone else?

My purchase got declined because "your credit card info has been declined by your credit card company" - I tried again and got the same error again.

So I just tried buying a Kindle book on Amazon, and that went through - so I assume my card is fine and it's a problem with Steam.

3phemeral

Is Steam's checkout playing up for anyone else?

My purchase got declined because "your credit card info has been declined by your credit card company" - I tried again and got the same error again.

So I just tried buying a Kindle book on Amazon, and that went through - so I assume my card is fine and it's a problem with Steam.

Just picked up Left 4 Dead and while it took maybe 10 seconds, it went through.

Quick question:

Is the Borderlands 2 season pass worth it at $10? Just how much content is it? And is the content any good? Only got 30 mins left to decide.

ngt

Guys I need some info before GTA series hits -75%. Is it true that GTA IV uses Steam (obviously) + GFWL + Social Club + SecuROM? Is it the same for GTA IV Complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom