• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

well I mean maybe I can but i'd be buying useless vanilla copy + whatever DLC I got

search through the dlc I dont have manually and add it one by one? UGH my time is money

i'll probably never play through saints row the third again
Ah, yeah, I pretty much made peace with the fact that I won't have quite as many mascot outfits to never dress up in and only got the DLC that does stuff I'd actually want.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Civ IV or Civ 5 (either Gold editions)

I don't have money for A brave new world

Civ5 is easier to get into, Civ4 is more complex. Civ5 is prettier too, so if its your first foray into 4X games... I might recommend Civ5.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Euro Truck Simulator 2 because who doesn't feel like a trucker sometimes?

Rise Kujikawa

Neo Member
Civ 5: Gods and Kings is included with the Gold Edition upgrade?

That's amazing since Gods and Kings costs $25 in Australia on sale...

Price error?

Salsa

hey what's the gaf consensus on ridge racer unbounded?

I've got sonic racing transformed, blur and burnout paradise so I'm not exactly hurting for arcade racers but this is a good deal:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15544/

does this one do anything special?

tumblr_lnuglluiAr1qfqerho1_400.jpg

AxeMan

So I've got my first cards

Bioshock Infinite
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Dead Island Riptide
Football Manager 2013

now to work out what to do with them....

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
On another note, Little Inferno (currently a flash deal) comes with highest recommendations from the GAF monthly Indie thread crew. It feels a bit more like a toy than a real game, but it definitely deserves a look for $2,50.

Impressions from several different Gaffers:
Little Inferno - Charming style and presentation. The combos provide an oddly satisfying element despite the simple gameplay mechanics.

Little Inferno - Some people just want to watch the world, and their time, burn. Is anything a waste if we enjoy it? Is everything?

People talking about this game sound like pyromaniacs, but its just... so... satisfying to burn things. So satisfying. Apparently it has a good end too, so I probably should play through it one of these days.

It has charm, and you get to burn stuff and watch interesting stuff happens. Just an interesting way to pass the time. Still wondering where those 30 minutes went...

Salsa

On another note, Little Inferno (currently a flash deal) comes with highest recommendations from the GAF monthly Indie thread crew. It feels a bit more like a toy than a real game, but it definitely deserves a look for $2,50.

co-signed

Caerith

Civ 5: Gods and Kings is included with the Gold Edition upgrade?

That's amazing since Gods and Kings costs $25 in Australia on sale...

Price error?
Australian prices are always errors.

Civ5 is easier to get into, Civ4 is more complex. Civ5 is prettier too, so if its your first foray into 4X games... I might recommend Civ5.
I haven't played Civ4, but I've heard that Civ5 caught up to it in terms of complexity once G&K was released.

Oh, and unrelated to Gods, Kings, or Ken, what are the Avernum/Avadon/Geneforge games like? They're all on the humble weekly sale, but I have no idea how they actually play or what they're comparable to.

The cheapskate award of the day goes to... UBISOFT!

For their change from 35% off on Trackmania² Stadium, to...
0% off

Congrats for this move.
image.jpg

Especially when considering that Trackmania Nations Forever was free.

They’ve done worse than that. Dark Messiah of Might & Magic has been selling for £5.99 for over a year now. A few days ago it was re-listed at £9.99. Now it’s being sold at a 35% discount for the bargain price of £6.49.

So basically, it’s more expensive now than it was before the sale. Bastards.

Lionheart

The cheapskate award of the day goes to... UBISOFT!

For their change from 35% off on Trackmania² Stadium, to...
0% off

Congrats for this move.
Yeah I noticed this too! Hoping it is included in a daily or flash sale, but I doubt it. We're still playing TrackMania Nations at work through LAN here now and then and would be cool to try Stadium here as well. Noticed the discount yesterday, now it's gone.

Anyone know if it even supports LAN games still, btw? Or all through Nadeo's servers now?

Edit: my purchase so far: Bastion plus soundtrack! :D

derExperte

hey what's the gaf consensus on ridge racer unbounded?

I've got sonic racing transformed, blur and burnout paradise so I'm not exactly hurting for arcade racers but this is a good deal:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15544/

does this one do anything special?

It's nothing like the 'real' Ridge Racers and more like the ones you listed while still being different enough. There's a lot of drifting to load up your boost and crashing through stuff in the enviroment. Personally I really, really liked it, the beginning is brutal but after that it's a great arcade racer, I can't quite understand why so many people hate the game. And the soundtrack is one of my favorites in recent times.

I remember this show. Thanks for saving me 6 bucks

Nooooo. Maybe play the demo but as I said it's hard to grasp what's going on and the controls feel weird at first.

Toma

Oh, and unrelated to Gods, Kings, or Ken, what are the Avernum/Avadon/Geneforge games like? They're all on the humble weekly sale, but I have no idea how they actually play or what they're comparable to.

If you can stomach the low resolution for the older Geneforge and Avernum games, they are among the best RPGs (sorry for the hyperbole, but.. its true) that arent Infinity Engine games. Especially the Geneforge series is a favourite of mine with a huge map, lots of loot and hidden secrets, an engaging summoning system, oldschool challenging situations, focus on player decisions (fight? talk? sneak?), multiple endings and great lore.

Avadon is a bit dumbed down in comparison to these series, but looks prettier/is more accessible. As I said, technical issues aside (resolution), they are hundreds of hours of complex roleplaying fun for 3 bucks. Ridiculous price considering he sold those games individually for 20€ each a few years ago.

Salsa

It's nothing like the 'real' Ridge Racers and more like the ones you listed while still being different enough. There's a lot of drifting to load up your boost and crashing through stuff in the enviroment. Personally I really, really liked it, the beginning is brutal but after that it's a great arcade racer, I can't quite understand why so many people hate the game. And the soundtrack is one of my favorites in recent times.

it's the definition of meh, with some bad thrown into it, IMO

the main issue here is that he has Burnout Paradise so he'll be good playing that much better game instead

PriitV

They’ve done worse than that. Dark Messiah of Might & Magic has been selling for £5.99 for over a year now. A few days ago it was re-listed at £9.99. Now it’s being sold at a 35% discount for the bargain price of £6.49.

They're pretty high up on their horse.

Arthea

Australian prices are always errors.

I haven't played Civ4, but I've heard that Civ5 caught up to it in terms of complexity once G&K was released.

so many errors.pic

That's unlikely, Civ 4 just was too good. You could consider playing it, as it plays very differently than 5.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With Deadpool still being a total mindfuck

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and TimeShfit are another two examples of Acti games cheaper on Steam AU. I like to think somebody there is watching over us and takes action where possible. :p

FloatOn

well this isn't a daily deal, I think it's going to be 75 percent off the length of the sale so I have some time to think about it.

Thanks for the impressions

derExperte

it's the definition of meh, with some bad thrown into it, IMO

the main issue here is that he has Burnout Paradise so he'll be good playing that much better game instead

How much of Unbounded have you played? Not saying everyone likes it after playing for a while but it grew on me. A lot.

Paradise is of course the better game but not perfect either and jumping between those two when you get bored with one isn't the worst idea ever.

Linkinito

Dafuq.

Fistwell

Had a cple things laying around.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchl!ght -- MB-BD84185293D748B4 - Taken by Saty
Civ5 Vanilla -- MB-31970A378A03169B - Taken by DeadlyVirus

Saty

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse (Season 3) -- MB-324DBD710A2D749A - Taken by Kageshinzo
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom