• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Liking DN3D Megaton Edition. Wish all classic FPSes on Steam were brought over so wonderfully and not with a crappy DOSBox package.

Shadow Warrior got the same treatment. Bought that yesterday and really enjoy it. I think I should pick the Megaton Edition as well.

KiDdYoNe

How's Scribblenauts? I know the first game on DS was somehow disappointing (especially since it had such hype here on GAF before it was released) but the game looks really interesting. Is it worth buying and playing?

I was looking forward for a good price, but my new buddy (met here) gifted me the game :3 It's nice, played the DS's one, it was fine but never liked "level" structure. Here it seems like open world, do whatever you want and stuff. And it looks very good, yes.

Arthea

I'm not a hardcore 4Xer, so there's only room for one Civ game in my lifetime. Besides Civ I and Civ II, but that was a long time ago.

I love Recettear, but it's been -75% as recently as June 10. Wait for the daily deal.

Civ 2 for life! Really, it's masterpiece. I wonder how it plays today.

What's not to love? :)
Toma already corrected me, thanks anyway

yerp

What am I doing at 3:30am? Reading this thread and listening to this on loop xD : http://youtu.be/U1W_KJ4eV3k

All that matters is that Steam says you're playing the game. You can even just have a launcher open if the game has one, did that with Skyrim.

Much obliged! Will go do something more productive while I let L4D2 sit here, then.

xDEKOIx

Here's my first giveaway. Not much, but it also has cards!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-49245B204A474265 - Taken by Deques

And that just sold me on the game!

Glad I could help.

It really is a great game. You can very easily be lazy and create the usual objects (pen, ladder, etc.), but the real fun is in making crazy shit that actually works.

I had God with a Shotgun fighting a T-Rex with a monacle.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have ceased to exist. See you guys in a few years.

Drown it in Europa Universalis 3 juice and put the Dwarf Fortress cherry on top and you wont need any other game ever.

Copons

Oh man, every fucking time I change tab someone post a giveaway containing one of my all time top game in wishlist. :'(

Petrie

Banned
So I got off the grid around Metro deal time last night. What was the result? Did most go through? Only a few? How'd everyone fare?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
hey what's the gaf consensus on ridge racer unbounded?

I've got sonic racing transformed, blur and burnout paradise so I'm not exactly hurting for arcade racers but this is a good deal:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15544/

does this one do anything special?

It's competent. It has nothing to do with the Ridge Racer franchise outside of the label though. Gameplay wise, it has arcade handling, but it was developed by BugBear so don't expect the typical RR mechanics. It feels like a game BugBear would make. The developers did add destructible environment mechanics that change the map or damage your enemies. The editor is versatile enough that you can make some hilarious maps too.

SparkTR

It's competent. It has nothing to do with the Ridge Racer franchise outside of the label though. Gameplay wise, it has arcade handling, but it was developed by BugBear so don't expect the typical RR mechanics. It feels like a game BugBear would make. The developers did add destructible environment mechanics that change the map or damage your enemies. The editor is versatile enough that you can make some hilarious maps too.

If I liked Flatout, would I like RRU?

Tomodachi

I still can't decide if I want a virtually free summer sale badge from cards I'll get from voting or if I just want to put them on the market as I get them and obtain around 4€ at the end of the sale :(

First world problems ahoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom