• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

(I didnt actually understand any of this.... what are badges for?? forget it, dont wanna know).

Too bad you're going to know!

It's just vanity stuff man. Like I mentioned before in the thread it simply gives you ways to decorate your profile. You can display a badge people can see, you get custom emoticons for steam chat, and can get background images for your steam profile.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Really?

'Civ V: Brave new world' is a flash deal where you are?

I've only got vanilla Civ V showing in my flash deals

Go to the Brave New World deal manually, it wasnt on sale yesterday when the sales started.

Salsa

Really?

'Civ V: Brave new world' is a flash deal where you are?

I've only got vanilla Civ V showing in my flash deals

DLC never shows up individually. Civ V deal means deal for vanilla + whatever else

"Yeah! PERL! That's the references were making here."

That's the perfect example of Ryan. It was funny, but not that funny. But followed by Ryan calling out the joke makes its sooooo fucking perfect. Ryan was the heart.

JTWO IM TRYIN TO FORGET

I kind of want to buy Civ V Gold edition.

Is it worth it without Brave New World?

I don't know if I should get it though, don't think I have the patience for Civ.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I kind of want to buy Civ V Gold edition.

Is it worth it without Brave New World?

I don't know if I should get it though, don't think I have the patience for Civ.

These games need a lot of patience, if you dont know whether you'd be interested just wait another 6 months for a deeper discount on the winter sale (or during an amazon sale).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ahahahaha this is hilarious. Bastion has 3 card drops and I got (in order):
  1. The Arsenal
  2. The Arsenal (foil)
  3. The Arsenal

At least you got that foil! I got Arsenal, Distillery and Shrine, ended up buying the other cards to complete the badge because there's only two more needed, I'll get another card worth about the same amount as I'd spend, and I like Bastion.

Salsa

All my players are anagrams of Saoirse Ronan.

This may or may not be true. :p

lol-yuck.gif

Ok so these are all gone to the lucky recipients.

HybYG0T.png

A few left. Thanks for the update on l4d2, looks like im going to miss out on getting it sadly. My steam id is 'samrambles' so feel free to add me if you'd like!

Remaining games up for grabs are as follows:

Thanks a lot ^^

Arthea

Yeah, but religion felt like complexity for the sake of complexity, and some of the changes to worker AI resulted in worse auto-build behaviour. The inability to have a faithless empire was also a little thematically disappointing. I prefer vanilla over Gods and Kings.

I bought Brave New World tonight, though. I always wanted deeper trade route mechanics, and I'm crossing my fingers the other changes help improve things too.

I see your point, but I have many more problems with Civ5 vanilla, I wanted spies, I wanted to be able to have police state, which is hardly possible there, really disliked diplomacy too, it simply doesn't work as it supposed to in some cases. I don't like how wonders are implementer, I find famous people pretty useless too.
It surely sound as I don't like it (><)
No, I still like it, only not that much as previous Civs. Yet to try BNW though.
Also I don't use auto-build. Auto-build is for weaklings!

Munin

Considering there are plenty of things you dont know after 5 turns, you havent seen much yet.

I played about a hundred turns or so and was still doing the same things I was doing 5 turns in, just more of them. Wow, I can colonize previously uninhabitable planets, yay. Still doesn't amount to anything new. I can upgrade my ships with new stuff, yay...for the same dumb random combat that you already don't want to see more than once and just auto-solve after the first time.

Actual diplomacy is horrendously limited, strategic depth is zero except for "build better stuff faster than your enemy". AI seems braindead.

Yeah. It's pretty, I guess.

Caerith

I had black velvetopia too and replaced it the horse background
Same. I have Owl and Pig also, but they're a bit creepy. Horse at least is nice and laid back, with a girl in a horse mask standing there all relaxed, scratching her back with a baseball bat while she waits for her friends so they can go play some mini-golf.

Toma

I played about a hundred turns or so and was still doing the same things I was doing 5 turns in, just more of them. Wow, I can colonize previously uninhabitable planets, yay. Still doesn't amount to anything new. I can upgrade my ships with new stuff, yay...for the same dumb random combat that you already don't want to see more than once and just auto-solve after the first time.

Actual diplomacy is horrendously limited, strategic depth is zero except for "build better stuff faster than your enemy". AI seems braindead.

Yeah. It's pretty, I guess.

Curious, when did you play the game? On launch?
Also, I initially did the same mistake and ignored the battles completely, auto-resolving them all because I didnt want to bother. There is a great deal of variation and complexity in the ship layouts and how they affect the combat strategies and situations, but that requires coming out from the 4X comfort zone to learn something new I guess.

HybYG0T.png

A few left. Thanks for the update on l4d2, looks like im going to miss out on getting it sadly. My steam id is 'samrambles' so feel free to add me if you'd like!

If I manage to nab the L4D2 four-pack before it expires, I'd love to have you in on it. Steam isn't letting me give it my money at the moment. I may need to dash to the store to get me some Wallet Cards.

The agony of owning sr3 on steam but not any of the dlc, do I just get the season pass and call it or do I get the full package. I know the rest of the dlc is random nonsense but since I've already finished the game on xbox360 I might need that to make it through again.

Arthea

HybYG0T.png

Thanks, now I'll see what all fuss is about!

Munin

Curious, when did you play the game? On launch?

When it was bundled with the new expansion a few weeks ago. So considering I still feel it's shallow as fuck I can't even imagine how bad it must have been without the expansion.

Thieve

Neo Member
man I bought saints row vanilla on release so now I cant buy the full package full of dlc

steam world problems

I wish more games offered something along the lines of the Civ upgrade to Gold Edition. Games like SR3/BL2, that have a ton of extra dlc, but you already have the base game.

Steam seems upset that I've avoided spending on the first day, two of my Bioshock Infinite card drops were foil Luteces.

Alright Steam, alright. I guess I'll buy Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition.

Salsa

Are you sure? It let me proceed to checkout (I have vanilla + season pass + shark gun).

well I mean maybe I can but i'd be buying useless vanilla copy + whatever DLC I got

search through the dlc I dont have manually and add it one by one? UGH my time is money

i'll probably never play through saints row the third again

Linkinito

The cheapskate award of the day goes to... UBISOFT!

For their change from 35% off on Trackmania² Stadium, to...
0% off

Congrats for this move.
image.jpg

Especially when considering that Trackmania Nations Forever was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom