• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far i managed to buy:

Deponia
Dungeons of Dredmor
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
The Longest Journey
Pinball FX 2 /w a table (Epic Quest)
Recettear

Never played any of these before. Which one is worth playing?

Onionkid

So I'm just now firing up Civ V for the first time - should I go ahead and buy Brave New World and everything else to upgrade my version, or just stick with vanilla for now?

So far i managed to buy:

Deponia
Dungeons of Dredmor
The Longest Journey
Recettear

Oh man, lots of goodies there. If you have a buddy to play through it with, start with Lara Croft I'd say. If not, I'd go with The Longest Journey personally! Can't go wrong with any of those.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So far i managed to buy:

lol

Deponia
Dungeons of Dredmor
The Longest Journey
Recettear

All of them. If you need further recommendations, at least tell us which mood you are in or what you'd prefer playing style/gameplay wise.

derExperte

So far i managed to buy:

Deponia
Dungeons of Dredmor
The Longest Journey
Recettear

All of them, good selection. If I had to choose I would start with Guardian of Light.

DrTeflon

Ok, let's try this modbot thing again, I hope it works now. If it doesnt, let me know again and i'll drop you a PM.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka -- MB-BD7F28F0E073B08A - Taken by derExperte

So far i managed to buy:

Deponia
Dungeons of Dredmor
The Longest Journey
Recettear

What's the Pinball like? I was thinking of getting the Star Wars one.

So I'm just now firing up Civ V for the first time - should I go ahead and buy Brave New World and everything else to upgrade my version, or just stick with vanilla for now?

Don't waste money on any expansions for now. Unless they are dirt cheap. The game is huge as it is.

Caerith

So far i managed to buy:

Deponia
Dungeons of Dredmor
The Longest Journey
Recettear

I'd hope you think they're all worth playing if you decided to buy them. Pinball FX 2 is the worst third person cover shooter I've played in recent memory, but as for the rest... go with either Lara Croft and GoL (it's a lot of fun! Thanks, Toma's thread last year, for getting me into this game) or Recettear (unadultered awesome).

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
If anyone wants a copy of Don't Starve, just PM me, it's already been bought so I can't gift it to Modbot, but I'll just add you on steam so I can send it.

*EDIT* You guys are quick! Sorry for those who didn't get it :(

The_Monk

Good morning fellow GAFfers! Can anyone resume what I missed on the last, say 6 hours?

I went to bed after those Metro Last Light news.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If I liked Flatout, would I like RRU?

It's not FlatOut 4 if that is what you were asking. The most accurate response I could come up with is, 'maybe'. It depends on what you're looking for. If you just want FO4 with a new name, this isn't the game. But if you are a fan of flatout and open to different types of racing games from the same developer, I think RR:U is something you should definitely check out.

It's better than FO3 though. Way better.

* I should note the presentation is very different.

Yeah it's very much a BugBear game at heart. I loved it because of this and had a great time but FlatOut remains their best franchise. Ultimate Carnage is so damn good.

tumblr_mdr63c86e91qk6rweo1_400.gif

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and TimeShfit are another two examples of Acti games cheaper on Steam AU. I like to think somebody there is watching over us and takes action where possible. :p

How much is TimeShift?

Serious question

For the morning crowd:

Thanks Kifimbo!

Caerith

If anyone wants a copy of Don't Starve, just PM me, it's already been bought so I can't gift it to Modbot, but I'll just add you on steam so I can send it.
You can actually send gifts through ModBot. There are instructions in the OP, just click on the header image.

derExperte

Yeah, they all looked kind of fun. Guardian of Light it is, i'm gonna try to convince my buddy to buy this so we can co-op this bastard. Thanks for the recommendations everybody.

Yes, try as hard as you can. The game is good playing solo. With two people it becomes one of the best games released that year.

Made like $7 off trading cards.
Not bad. Basically enough incentive for me to idle some games and re-sell cards.

From what I can tell, it's better to hold off on selling cards for new games that have just received cards, as those prices tend to plummet (they will come back up).

Cards with a smaller set generally tend to be more expensive.

If you get DOTA2 and TF2 that's free money right there, again it's about ~ $1 per game, not a huge deal.

Booster packs easily sell for over a dollar. I don't understand why people buy foil cards.

I've hit level 5 and going to sit there and sell cards, buy games with my free money. :D

Arthea

So far i managed to buy:

Deponia
Dungeons of Dredmor
The Longest Journey
Recettear

form my perspective the Longest Journey (if you like adventure games) and Recettear (if you like fun)
I played some of Lara Croft &GoL, it's not bad too.
Yet to play DoD
not interested in Deponia or Pinball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom