• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It's competent. It has nothing to do with the Ridge Racer franchise outside of the label though. Gameplay wise, it has arcade handling, but it was developed by BugBear so don't expect the typical RR mechanics. It feels like a game BugBear would make. The developers did add destructible environment mechanics that change the map or damage your enemies. The editor is versatile enough that you can make some hilarious maps too.

Yeah it's very much a BugBear game at heart. I loved it because of this and had a great time but FlatOut remains their best franchise. Ultimate Carnage is so damn good.

CoG

Pfft, I'm not voting for Mirror's Edge. I already bought it yet never played it three sales ago. I was watching the trailer for L4D2 contemplating buying it when I notice it says "You already own Left 4 Dead 2" at the bottom of the screen. Man, I love Steam. Now all I need is like three months of no work.

DrTeflon

So... about this modbot thing, I dont have a lot of posts on this thread but I wanna give out some games, can I still join the fun?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay unrelated question, do you guys know of any game on Steam where you can run a business? A simulation game if you will.

On top of the other recommended games, Recettear isnt really a simulation game, but still somehow fits the description and has a lot of charme.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Pfft, I'm not voting for Mirror's Edge. I already bought it yet never played it three sales ago. I was watching the trailer for L4D2 contemplating buying it when I notice it says "You already own Left 4 Dead 2" at the bottom of the screen. Man, I love Steam. Now all I need is like three months of no work.

I almost bought it but I remembered it was the low-violence version. Valve needs to resubmit it to Australia again :(

flotsam

Neo Member
oh poop, I just bagged SR3 for £5 thinking how clever I was and now I see that it is available for £6.24 with all DLC...

I've heard that the DLC isn't particularly good, but it's probably not £1.24 terribad :(

krumble

First give away...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saints Row 2 -- MB-96E1CE33B6CFCB1D - Taken by Kifimbo

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay unrelated question, do you guys know of any game on Steam where you can run a business? A simulation game if you will.

Try Capitalism 2. It also has a demo:
CapitalismIIa.gif

Its literally about running a business and is used for management simulation workshops and competitions. Its as complex as it could possibly get however, so be warned.

DirtRiver

On top of the other recommended games, Recettear isnt really a simulation game, but still somehow fits the description and has a lot of charme.

Cart Life?

Prison Architect

Vegas make it big, but I think it's not very good, you might enjoy it though, and it's very cheap.

Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, will probably check out Prison Architect since I have heard good things about it. A bummer that there haven't been good business simulation games in a while (although it seems Game Dev Tycoon will launch soon on Steam)

derExperte

Would that actually work with activating it in the library? If so, I'd consider buying it.

Yes, a few keys are region locked (VPN is your friend) but gifting is no problem, once you have a game in your inventory it's a done deal. As long as it's not from Russia, then it can get complicated.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
DAMNIT, woke up to see Civ V on the flash sale. I already own it with G&K, but the gold upgrade is now $5? I don't have any of that except for G&K itself. And Brave New World is now 33% off?

Yeah, I know the sale rules, but I'm not waiting anymore. I need to play BNW, and this is an acceptable deal for me to do so.

Might as well upgrade to gold for $5 too and get all of those other civilizations, lol.

Salsa

DAMNIT, woke up to see Civ V on the flash sale. I already own it with G&K, but the gold upgrade is now $5? I don't have any of that except for G&K itself. And Brave New World is now 33% off?

Yeah, I know the sale rules, but I'm not waiting anymore. I need to play BNW, and this is an acceptable deal for me to do so.

Might as well upgrade to gold for $5 too and get all of those other civilizations, lol.

brave new world is a daily, you're going by the rules

I've been trying to buy games for like an hour and the damn cart keeps resetting. I pay a transaction fee on my card so I'm not gonna be buying games individually.

Fix this shit Gabe!

Caerith

Recettear. You play a girl who has inherited her father's massive debts, so you open an shop to try to raise enough money for your weekly payments to a predatory loan shark.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Just get it gifted from someone outside of Australia? That's what we Germans do ;)

So, this works? When someone outside of Germany would gift me e.g. Saints Row 3 I would get the uncut version?

Toma

So, this works? When someone outside of Germany would gift me e.g. Saints Row 3 I would get the uncut version?

Correct. Other way around, be careful when you gift games to others from Germany.

DrTeflon

Well obviously I did something wrong during my PM

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Game Name -- MB-E3713DEB91041DCD - Taken by Darkroronoa

That "Game Name" there should be Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution. If it doesnt work pleease let me know. This is a steam gift, not a key.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Do they still give you a second copy? I still have mine sitting in my inventory gathering dust doing nothing.

no, they sell a two pack though. are you sure you didn't buy a 2 pack?

Darkroronoa

Well obviously I did something wrong during my PM

That "Game Name" there should be Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution. If it doesnt work pleease let me know. This is a steam gift, not a key.

Hey thanks :D

But the link did not work :p It was a link to the store page!

I've heard that Railroad Tycoon 3 gets pretty deep into business and economics. Don't know how well it runs on modern PCs though, being a game from 2003 and all.

Freki

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-4DE1476BC118DCD1 - Taken by Whooter
enjoy!

KuroNeeko

If you can stomach the low resolution for the older Geneforge and Avernum games, they are among the best RPGs (sorry for the hyperbole, but.. its true) that arent Infinity Engine games. Especially the Geneforge series is a favourite of mine with a huge map, lots of loot and hidden secrets, an engaging summoning system, oldschool challenging situations, focus on player decisions (fight? talk? sneak?), multiple endings and great lore.

Avadon is a bit dumbed down in comparison to these series, but looks prettier/is more accessible. As I said, technical issues aside (resolution), they are hundreds of hours of complex roleplaying fun for 3 bucks. Ridiculous price considering he sold those games individually for 20€ each a few years ago.

Gospel of St. Toma.

If you're an old skool RPG fan and don't mind older graphics you can't go wrong with buying this bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom