• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
I've been waiting on Fallout New Vegas:Ultimate for what seems forever. Do you think 40% off the best I can hope for?

I think the general consensus is that if it's not a Flash, Daily or Developer bundle deal, it will most likely go lower. There'll be no harm in waiting until the end of the sale to find out.

Arthea

I second this, thomas was alone is an awesome cute little game. very clever and very charming, and I was very glad it didn't end like I was thinking it'd end

it's also gorgeous to look at, music's pretty moving too

I third this, played it on PS3, interesting little game, and narration is great.

derExperte

Got the code for Anomaly: Warzone Earth from the Facebook giveaway, if someone missed that....

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly -- MB-5D6DB6615EE80C33 - Taken by Dipper145

Concerning the TF2 cards: I only bought a 0,39€ weapon from the TF2 shop (never bought anything before in TF2) and then got 4 out of 9 cards while playing and sold them for a profit some weeks ago,but I don't know if this is still working.

Razorskin

----- ------
can someone post my flashy gif im on my phone

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

KuroNeeko

I'm probably going to pick up Miami Hotline, since it's so cheap, but why are people so crazy about? It doesn't seem to be that particularly innovative - just a bit of the ol' ultra-violence to the gulliver. Tell me, my droogs, my brothers - why all the love?

dont starve is worth it

This too...heavy risk, but the priiiiiice...

I want you, you just can't resist pushing my buttons...
I want all the time I can get...

but the priiice

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Concerning the TF2 cards: I only bought a 0,39€ weapon from the TF2 shop (never bought anything before in TF2) and then got 4 out of 9 cards while playing and sold them for a profit some weeks ago,but I don't know if this is still working.
Did you buy tf2 before it went f2p?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So this is good? A bit expensive though. Got to check some reviews. Thanks for the tip!

Its from the same guys as Deponia, but my favourite game by them. The main characters voice is unfortunately a bit annoying, but the world is very charming and enchanting evoking the old Sierra charme, with fiendishly difficult puzzles later on and a great conclusion to the game. You could always wait if it gets a daily deal, but keep it in mind for the last day purchases. One of my favourite "recent" adventure games. Its also the only game I can remember that me, my gf and my sister each played through, all within a week.

Edit. WAH:

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/the-whispered-world.html

$3,99???? What a crazy good deal.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Its from the same guys as Deponia, but my favourite game by them. The main characters voice is unfortunately a bit annoying, but the world is very charming and enchanting evoking the old Sierra charme, with fiendishly difficult puzzles later on and a great conclusion to the game. You could always wait if it gets a daily deal, but keep it in mind for the last day purchases. One of my favourite "recent" adventure games.

Toma, whats the ETA on the summer sale indie thread?

The_Monk

I've been getting more and more immersed by such great soundtracks in the games lately.

Any GAFfer like that? From FTL to Bastion. And I really like To the Moon tunes when I played that one some time ago.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Toma, whats the ETA on the summer sale indie thread?

Need to scratch a few deals together for the initial layout, but I try to get it up before the current daily deals expire to allow for some discussion on them.

Gregorn

I've been waiting on Fallout New Vegas:Ultimate for what seems forever. Do you think 40% off the best I can hope for?

I've been waiting for this too. Playing with
nude
mods has been something I've been wanting to do for years, never again will I have to endure a bethesda game on PS3.

Arthea

I've been getting more and more immersed by such great soundtracks in the games lately.

Any GAFfer like that? From FTL to Bastion. And I really like To the Moon tunes when I played that one some time ago.

Can relate, music in games lately is great, in indies especially.

Salsa

hotline miami's soundtrack is the god damn shit my fellow gaffer

Toma

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608986

Check the media corner. I love these guys. We also currently have a soundtrack writeup contest (see end of OP).

Edit for the lazy:
ii9XSD5.png

This is a monthly podcast series that presents notable Indie Game soundtracks. A likeable host and guests, a fantastic track selection, interesting discussions and a focus for Indies will make this one a mainstay in my monthly threads.

Episode 2: Levels
[Bit Trip Runner, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Minecraft, Bastion, Hotline Miami, FEZ: Side F, Mass Effect 2]

Episode 3: Underwater
[Ridiculous Fishing, Botanicula, Capsized, Frog Fractions, Unfinished Swan, Vessel, Donkey Kong Country]

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass

Too many indie games with incredible music lately, my ears can't keep up

So. Anyone knows hows the Toki Tori 2 Devs did with their tactics? I suppose good, even though they are barely in the Top 50, but I guess that is because too many other Games are bought right now.

derExperte

Vessel, Papo & Yo and Thomas Was Alone get my recommendation.

My friend bought Dragonborn yesterday. Never made through the full payment (never got confirmation mail) but Skyrim downloaded something. We checked together his account history and Skyrim DLC page and nothing : Dragonborn isn't here. Expect, it's in the Mod Nexus. And he just found the boat in game. It took it. He's playing Dragonborn. WTF

I'm so sorry to do this but would it be possible if any of you kind souls have a spare left4dead 2 key to grant me this one wish?

I've run out of steam keys for the other games I had going so can only offer my eternal gratitude.

EDIT: Mac only im afraid.

The_Monk

Can relate, music in games lately is great, in indies especially.

Too many indie games with incredible music lately, my ears can't keep up

Indeed fellow GAFfesr.

hotline miami's soundtrack is the god damn shit my fellow gaffer

I know! However despite owning this game I can only play for about 5-10 minutes in a row which is really sad. I've been trying to get more long runs because I want to finish this game but it's not something that is easy for me..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608986

Check the media corner. I love these guys. We also currently have a soundtrack writeup contest (see end of OP).

I've been checking on your threads for a long time, are you assuming I don't go there?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom