• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm starting to regret not picking up Civ 5, despite not being a strategy fan and having never playing any turn-based strategy game except a few rounds of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with a friend.

Civ 5 turned me into a strategy fan.

zma1013

Actually, flashlight shadows are disabled, but can be enabled. It can be a bit confusing, since the flashlight is located on the shoulder of the player rather than held by hand.

I was just going by the IGN review but it's possible they could have overlooked it.

IGN quote - "You'll be thankful that the flashlight in Doom 3 is now a toggle instead of a separate weapon you need to equip, but it no longer casts dynamic shadows, even in the PC version."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Am i the only one who thinks steam sales are overhyped? Yes there are good deals like darksouls and borderlands 2 and countless other indie games but this isn't exactly the reason why PC gaming is so great. Everytime someone in a forum or comments section go "ERMAGERD STAEM SALE SO GOOD SO CEHAP PC GAMEN BEST THANX GABENUEL XOXO" i cringe, cause it sounds like were trying so hard to justify our choice of gaming platform. And then ignorant console fanbois proceed to make snark remarkz like "LOLOLOL, DIS IS Y DEVS DONT SUPPORT PC CAUSE YOU GUYS EIDA PIRATE EVERY GAME OR ONLY BUY IT WHEN ITZ 2$$$ LOL PC GAMING SUX LELELEL"
and i proceed to cringe some more.

Plus its not really that much of a saving considering you can buy major releases like Tomb Raider and Bioshock on release from sites such as GMG for like only slightly more than steam sale prices. Plus you dont have to wait a year...
I think so, yeah.

Apdiddy

My haul thus far:

Don't Starve
Antichamber
Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition (I got this for free on GOG.com, so why am I buying it again???)

If the price is right:
Gunpoint
Monaco
Rogue Legacy
Civ V Brave New World (it might end up being the Winter sale when I get this)

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Am i the only one who thinks steam sales are overhyped? Yes there are good deals like darksouls and borderlands 2 and countless other indie games but this isn't exactly the reason why PC gaming is so great. Everytime someone in a forum or comments section go "ERMAGERD STAEM SALE SO GOOD SO CEHAP PC GAMEN BEST THANX GABENUEL XOXO" i cringe, cause it sounds like were trying so hard to justify our choice of gaming platform. And then ignorant console fanbois proceed to make snark remarkz like "LOLOLOL, DIS IS Y DEVS DONT SUPPORT PC CAUSE YOU GUYS EIDA PIRATE EVERY GAME OR ONLY BUY IT WHEN ITZ 2$$$ LOL PC GAMING SUX LELELEL"
and i proceed to cringe some more.

Plus its not really that much of a saving considering you can buy major releases like Tomb Raider and Bioshock on release from sites such as GMG for like only slightly more than steam sale prices. Plus you dont have to wait a year...

a4F5i5C.gif

GTAIV vs. Saints Row 3. I'm only probably going to pick up one. Which should it be? I like to both do missions and dick around equally.

imho:

GTA IV runs and looks like shit on my PC-rig, while SR3 looks beautiful. besides that I found SR3 more entertaning and fun than GTA IV, as other gaffers said, it's hilarious.

but please, get the full package not the base game, you will miss a lot

BLunted

Banned
No, you need to use the client.

Depends on server load.

Yesterday while I was at work, I was trying to purchase via chrome, and I kept getting the message telling me to purchase via client. I also noticed the "install steam" button was greyed out.

After a few refreshes, noticed that the "install steam" button was green, so tried again and my purchase went through.

shandy706

You can literally dick around in Saint's Row 3.

LOL, was my first thought.

Dress up in a giant wiener...uh...I mean hot dog...suit, grab a giant purple dildo...and beat people in the head with it.

Or go with a physically accurate nude mod...and really make it interesting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nah, it's a shoulder light. That's why it looks off, since the comes from the side of the player rather than underneath.

Ah. I seem to recall seeing a screenshot of the game, featuring the player model being reflected by a mirror, showing the torch just, well, sticking through his shoulder, but there's a good chance that I'm misremembering.

I already bought the following with trading card moolah:

-Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Ed
-To The Moon
-Strike Suit Infinity
-McPixel

And I'm not done yet. Tiding me over until SMT4 on Tuesday!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Okay, 3 giveaways in one in this post.

THESE CODES ARE FOR THE ORIGINAL METRO 2033

I got these codes from that Facebook promotion a few months ago. I snagged a bunch because people were talking about trying to sell them on GAF for profit and I wanted to be able to intercept them and offer their would-be victim a free code. That thankfully never came to pass, so here we are! Each quote has slightly differently rules, so pay attention.

FOR THE LOVERS:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033 #2 -- MB-4B0B8D7B0FBCE3B4 - Taken by MikeDown
Metro 2033 -- MB-4079C03F854C61A9 NUKED FROM ORBIT

(the bottom key was accidentally taken by K2Valor, but should work fine if you try to claim it. Be all up in his business if you've problems.

FOR THE MOTHERS:
ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033 #2 -- MB-65B01682253114EF
Metro 2033 -- MB-8C4903390CF1B150

FOR THE JACKALS:
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Metro 2033 -- MB-15EA4E0540C3ED6C - Taken by Morgan Freeman

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Depends on server load.

Yesterday while I was at work, I was trying to purchase via chrome, and I kept getting the message telling me to purchase via client. I also noticed the "install steam" button was greyed out.

After a few refreshes, noticed that the "install steam" button was green, so tried again and my purchase went through.

He asked about the ability to trade, not purchase. ;)

The_Monk

I got these codes from that Facebook promotion a few months ago. I snagged a bunch because people were talking about trying to sell them on GAF for profit and I wanted to be able to intercept them and offer their would-be victim a free code. That thankfully never came to pass, so here we are!

Now that is a good fellow GAFfer. Like what I'm reading in that post!

SpeedNut

Bought Football Manager 2013. Figured at $10 it was finally time to try one of these. Also Hotline Miami get. Never knew a retro-bit visualization of smashing a guy's head into the wall would be that much of an "oh my" moment.

-MD-

How do you drop and sell them?

On Steam highlight your name and click badges, find a game on your list that has cards and play said game, you can idle on the main menu too if you'd like.

Seems to be about 30 minutes of play time = 1 card, then you go into the market and sell them or trade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom