• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I was just a few minutes late it looked like (ordered at 9:43pm EST). But whatever, my wife wasn't feeling well so I was taking care of her. I'm pretty sure I'll survive without it.

I hope you wife is feeling better now and I hope it was nothing too serious fellow GAFfer.

So far then I got Dark Souls and Saints row 3. Just need a 75% sale on tomb raider and I will be set for a while. If I can tear myself away from LoL on my weekend evenings....... im sure I can....

Annubis

Saints Row 3 doesn't take itself too seriously, which for me made it much more fun than GTAIV.

I played GTA IV much later after playing SR3 and I was amazed that some people say GTA IV is the better game.
SR3 missions were a blast while GTA IV missions either meh or ok.

It doesn't help at all that GTA IV autosaves when you start a mission and if you fail, you have to drive ALL THE WAY back to the stupid mission.
That pissed me off so many times...

So far then I got Dark Souls and Saints row 3. Just need a 75% sale on tomb raider and I will be set for a while. If I can tear myself away from LoL on my weekend evenings....... im sure I can....

Oi stop copying my purchases! I demand you at least purchase Scribblenauts Unlimited and To The Moon just to make it even :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Accidentally took the second one because I am colorblind and can't read big red text. Went ahead and nuked it so someone else can grab it.

Actually, could you PM me the key? It nukes the key from the database so ModBot won't accept another entry code.

chronomac

I played GTA IV much later after playing SR3 and I was amazed that some people say GTA IV is the better game.
SR3 missions were a blast while GTA IV missions either meh or ok.

It doesn't help at all that GTA IV autosaves when you start a mission and if you fail, you have to drive ALL THE WAY back to the stupid mission.
That pissed me off so many times...

Agreed. And GTA IV's story takes itself way too seriously. It wants you to believe that lives matter and Niko's a changing man...and then you go on a mission and kill dozens of people. So they don't matter but at the end, the choice you get to kill someone does? Utter crap. The game's environment is lovingly made but the gameplay and story do not gel at all.

graywolf323

well this sale on Civ V: Brave New World has me rather miffed

10% off on preorders and then 33% off during a flash sale 3 days later? (same day for Europeans)

Sothpaw

I wake up and Saints Row beats both ME2 and KOTOR2...I guess the worst game is going to win all the flash sales votes.

GTA IV has been on sale a million times recently, so obviously it will beat Mirror's Edge.

Slyjss

Thanks. I just bought complete pack one for £6.0 or what ever it was.

I think I will like this more than GTA because of the dumb sillyness of it. GTA IV I had a lot of issues with (although it was still decent)

It's silly, but is also improves many little things that bother people from "serious" sandboxs. Secondary misions are quite funny, moving through the city is not a pain (in part due to the brilliant GPS system), if you fall into the water you can push a button and return to land, the way to change weapons is so great GTA V has ripped it off...

And also there's giant dildos, driving with a tiger in the back seat, shooting in freefall, punching in the balls and an endless escalation of awesomeness.

chronomac

Can anyone tell me how well Pixeljunk Eden was ported? I played a bit of it on PS3 but I don't have that system anymore. It's only $2.49 at the moment.

Village

Plus the story in Saints Row 3 was a lot more believable.

gta-iv-o.gif

how?

marrec

Banned
Best Buy still hasn't let me know one way or another. Most of my dates treat me better than this.

Post a picture of you on Facebook buying Metro: LL from Gamestop, that'll get Best Buy all jealous and stuff and they'll totally call you like, immediately.

Trust.

Just got a random foil drop in Brutal Legend. That game has 8 drops (at 0.25 cents each, easy) and it's a great game, so pick it up (should be on sale too, at least 50% off at some point).

Noticed this particular foil sold for almost $10 at some point. I mean, wtf? Do people just have money to burn? Were they hoping to resell later when the value went up? This card market is incredible. I put it up for $3, just for fun.

Overall I'm loving this card business, I am hoping steam introduces more incentive for people to level up so that the market doesn't eventually crash. As far as I know the only incentives are some coupons? emoticons? higher booster pack drop rates? wallpapers? Would have made things more interesting if crafting gave you like a free DLC or something for the particular game, or a free DLC of comparable value for another game.

Ha, yeah I found out I couldn't play Chivalry or War of the Roses and wanted a medieval combat game (sorely lacking on consoles) and found out about Mount and Blade through GAF recommendations. Played the Warband demo, loved it. I especially love the mouse based combat, very intuitive and I can run the game on medium/high settings! I usually don't play MP, but I'm definitely going to try Warband's online modes

Oh yes I checked you can configure the controls. But RMB is set as your secondary weapon as default (now just ranged weapons) so it makes sense for that to be on the mouse.

Yeah I recommended it over Chivalry in on of your topics. If you prefer singleplayer then Warband is definitely the best fit for you of those, I'm not a fan because I'm not good with open worlds and such but you can make huge armies and siege castles and perform in tournaments and do political stuffs and all kinds of fun stuff with Mount and Blade's singleplayer.

When you try the MP just keep in mind you probably won't do very well at first (depending on if there are a lot of newbs in the server with you), but if you keep at it you'll get a lot better at the combat and it becomes extremely satisfying after a while! Also, for MP, switch to manual blocking or you're screwed lol. I haven't done SP in a while so not sure if its better to have auto blocking for that, since the NPCs hit a lot faster but have more predictable attacks that the computer blocks more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom