• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanctum 2 is a buggy piece of shit.
Tabbing in and out crashes the game and fucks up my sound until I restart the PC.

Thankfully I only have 1 card left in it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

Saint's row 3 runs at half the framerate on amd cards as it does on equivalent nvidia cards, the game is broken.

Don't say I didn't warn you if you have a lower end amd card and can't even get 30 fps.

A few people with AMD cards have chimed in and said the game runs fine. I can only assume that your information is outdated.

xtop

Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

Saint's row 3 runs at half the framerate on amd cards as it does on equivalent nvidia cards, the game is broken.

Don't say I didn't warn you if you have a lower end amd card and can't even get 30 fps.

aw shit. looks like i'll skip it then. was going back and forth about it

hlhbk

So whatever happened to that guy yesterday that kept getting all the games from Modbot and being arrogant? He eventually get banned?

derExperte

aw shit. looks like i'll skip it then. was going back and forth about it

Had no big problems with my 6850 a while ago. May run better on Nv but it wasn't unplayable or anything.

So whatever happened to that guy yesterday that kept getting all the games from Modbot and being arrogant? He eventually get banned?

The bot now gives people with more than 15 'wins' during a week only one game per day. Think he went to bed after that but he'll be back.

A few people with AMD cards have chimed in and said the game runs fine. I can only assume that your information is outdated.

Yeah this has been patched either via driver or via volition. It ran like crap at launch for me but I recently tried again and it runs fine now.

M.D

Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

I had the same problem.
I'm using an HD4870 which is not exactly new, but it can run everything just fine so there shouldn't be any reason why SR3 would run like it did. I think they even promised a fix for the problem which never came out.

Still, it doesn't mean its unplayable (at least it wasn't for me), and I finished the game and had a ton of fun

I'm amazed that people use AMD cards for anything other than Bitcoin mining these days.

Don't hate my legacy hardware, next upgrade I'm going team green though. If only for the easier downsampling and well everything else too. Also I'm so horny for physx, and I don't even know why. It took me this long to forgive nvidia for the 5200 card I had when I was younger and didn't read reviews on pc gaming hardware.

krpiper

So whats the deal with card drops then, If I start a game in FM2013, I can just leave it run and I can get all drops or is it only 1 drop per time I open the game

Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

This remains true. Played the game on two computers recently, both with AMD, and the framerate is absolutely terrible. There were promises of fixing it but nothing materialized.

Is it wrong that I'm seeing the cards for some games as additional discounts and it's influencing my buying decisions ? I am crafting the badges for the games I actually like though.

Precisely

But Im original and unique.... or something to that effect.

Anyway I might just go straight in with SR3 tonight. A bit of dumb fuckery wouldn't go a miss. Il sale Dark souls till my son is sleeping through the night without the need of a midnight feed. Wanna get properly stuck into that one when I do play it.

FaintDeftone

Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

Not true. I run the game at well above 60fps on my AMD card, and I seriously doubt the nVidia equivalent will run it at double that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't hate my legacy hardware, next upgrade I'm going team green though. If only for the easier downsampling and well everything else too. Also I'm so horny for physx, and I don't even know why. It took me this long to forgive nvidia for the 5200 card I had when I was younger and didn't read reviews on pc gaming hardware.

My biggest issue with PhysX, aside from how -- in many cases -- it's a needless performance hog, is that developers tend to implement "fancy effects" for the sake fancy effects. What I mean is that very few take the time to implement PhysX in a way that feels natural rather than ostentatious; I've not played every PhysX game there is to offer, but of my experience I'd say that Mirror's Edge offers the best implementation.

shandy706

This remains true. Played the game on two computers recently, both with AMD, and the framerate is absolutely terrible. There were promises of fixing it but nothing materialized.

What AMD cards and CPUs though.

I mean if people are playing on ancient hardware, of course it doesn't run well.

Shiggy

Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and it runs fine. I would not recommend the game because it's boring and repetitive though.

Retrofluxed

And I just got done playing it for a 3rd time at max with DX11 enabled on my 6970 and didn't have a single issue.

Cynar

Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

This is not true at all. Runs fine on my AMD card.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is football manager a good game for people who don't actually like football?

This may sound dumb but I really like sim or management games so it may still be for me? Do I need to know teams or anything like that? (I do know the basic rules of the game?)

tjohn86

Haha NO

Saints row 3 AMD warning

I run SR3 at 60 FPS solid on my AMD card. Game is beautiful.

Amneisac

Is football manager a good game for people who don't actually like football?

This may sound dumb but I really like sim or management games so it may still be for me? Do I need to know teams or anything like that? (I do know the basic rules of the game?)

If you really like sim management it might not be that bad, but you will be expected to understand formations and pretty detailed soccer/football information as far as positions, attacking, defending, tactics, etc. I'd say no, you should avoid it if you don't like or understand soccer/football - but it's a well-made game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom