• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

decaf

Temp0 - Steam Sale Steamroll.

This guy has been making StarCraft II themed music videos for years and he's incredible, I was surprised to see his name on the front page of Kotaku.

so_good.gif

mclem

Gold includes Gods & Kings, which is $15 on its own.

Which is hilarious, given there's also a Gold *upgrade* for people who own the base game. In UK prices, if you want to buy Gods & Kings, you can either, well, buy Gods & Kings for £10, or you can buy the Gold upgrade for £2.50 - and get a ton more stuff as well.

It's not the hardest of purchase decisions!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What does this have to do with you?

Dude was a member for barely 3 weeks and less then 300 posts and then bam member!

I guess being someone famous gets you a member quicker.

He probably signed up for an account a long time ago and only recently got activated. The three month rule doesn't apply if you've been in the queue for a while, I don't think.

PA: OtRSPD 4 is 25% off. I'll wait till the end to see if it goes lower, but I doubt it will.

Other than that I'm really hoping to get dishonered on the cheap, and maybe a few indies that I've missed (The swapper, To the Moon, etc)

ZenaxPure

I decided to bite on Scribblenauts Unlimited since I've never played a Scribblenauts game before.

Glad I did, game is a lot of fun! I enjoy games that let your creativity come out and it certainly seems to do that. I like the structure of the game too, seems to be a bit of exploration involved. Decided to jump into the ocean and swim down only to be greeted by a bunch of underwater missions. Pretty awesome.

derExperte

Why is Mirror's Edge [potentially] $6.00? Why not 5?

Referring to the community vote.

EDIT: Also, vote for Mirror's Edge.

It will be 3€ here while Alice is much more expensive. EA, how does it work?

What does this have to do with you?

Dude was a member for barely 3 weeks and less then 300 posts and then bam member!

I guess being someone famous gets you a member quicker.

You sound angry.

I think we need to place a moratorium on your insistence on posting asides like this. I know why you do it, but feeling that you're "owed" the top spot on the Wall of Shame because you made the Steam thread is no excuse for post whoring. A few in the general Steam thread even made jokes at your expense that went over your head.

I realise I probably sound like a huge dick, and I apologise, but there's really no way to put this lightly.

To make you sound less like a dick (or at least you're not alone):
I also noticed this and was always wondering why it was ok for Grief to treat this thread like his personal blog.

I also want to soften this by saying that you're doing an awesome job with the thread otherwise, Grief.

Real talk guys, I'm enjoying Call of Juarez: Gunslinger more than I did The Last of Us.
Stop it, I made my choice not to buy it until it has more %%%.
You guys can't change that.

Please.

This is a Steam thread so I'm wondering if someone can explain the cards/badges to me a little more.

I received 5/5 of the free drops I got from TF2. So if I want to finish a TF2 badge I have to trade for the other 4 cards? Once I have the whole set I can make a badge right? Is there any other way to finish the badge?

cicero

I think we need to place a moratorium on your insistence on posting asides like this. I know why you do it, but feeling that you're "owed" the top spot on the Wall of Shame because you made the Steam thread is no excuse for post whoring. A few in the general Steam thread even made jokes at your expense that went over your head.

I realise I probably sound like a huge dick, and I apologise, but there's really no way to put this lightly.
Battle of the Wall of Shame Titans?! Don't you let him knock you off of the top of the dogpile, Jase. Don't you do it.

Big-E

This is a Steam thread so I'm wondering if someone can explain the cards/badges to me a little more.

I received 5/5 of the free drops I got from TF2. So if I want to finish a TF2 badge I have to trade for the other 4 cards? Once I have the whole set I can make a badge right? Is there any other way to finish the badge?

You could just buy it and make Gabe happy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Battle of the Wall of Shame Titans?! Don't you let him knock you off of the top of the dogpile, Jase. Don't you do it.

Haha, actually, I always post less often in sale threads. They simply tend to move too fast for me to keep up.

Deques

Pretty much no other way to get cards

marrec

Banned
More games, this one's an oldie but a goodie:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gish -- MB-2FC74E48839ECF9D - Taken by Pupi18

yogloo

Planning to get sine mora, cherry hill comedy club, gtr2 and to the moon.
How are they?
And this thread is moving wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to fast.
Post less you fuckers.
<3<3<3

Lissar

Reluctant Member
What? Buy the badge or buy the cards? I haven't seen anywhere to buy anything.

You can buy the extra cards you need if you REALLY want to.

You can also wait and see if you get a booster pack (randomly drops into your inventory, though you aren't guaranteed to get it for the game you want--or to get one at all).

edit: Market is under Community.

The_Monk

Just a quick question fellow GAFfers, can you at least Vote on a Android Phone? It seems I will miss 3 Days of the Summer Sale (19th, 20th and 21th) and I was hoping I could do almost everything from a phone (I know there's some stuff I may not be able to do).

I hope to have some wireless signal, otherwise I hope a 3G Connection will be able to do the Voting and checking/buying the daily deals. If not... I need to find a solution.

Sorry for the slight off topic-Sale questions, thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom