• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

Planning to get sine mora, cherry hill comedy club, gtr2 and to the moon.
How are they?

Sine Mora is a beautiful but deeply flawed game.
The "story" gets in the way of the shooting far too often and the difficulty is all over the map.
For the price they are asking it is probably worth it just to see the beautiful art though.

Digoman

This is a Steam thread so I'm wondering if someone can explain the cards/badges to me a little more.

I received 5/5 of the free drops I got from TF2. So if I want to finish a TF2 badge I have to trade for the other 4 cards? Once I have the whole set I can make a badge right? Is there any other way to finish the badge?

In general, yes. There is a slight chance you'll get a booster pack with 3 cards for games you own, but it's small. Also, in both Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 you get an extra drop for each $9.00 you spend on the game store.

But if you really want to complete the badge (or at least one level of it) the best way is to trade with other people, with some bots that are out there, or use the market.

Anustart

Just a quick question fellow GAFfers, can you at least Vote on a Android Phone? It seems I will miss 3 Days of the Summer Sale (19th, 20th and 21th) and I was hoping I could do almost everything from a phone (I know there's some stuff I may not be able to do).

I hope to have some wireless signal, otherwise I hope a 3G Connection will be able to do the Voting and checking/buying the daily deals. If not... I need to find a solution.

Sorry for the slight off topic-Sale questions, thanks in advance.

Yes, I voted this morning on my s3.

Deques

How are they?
Sine mora is fun and quite relaxing shmup game.
To the moon has one the best story in a game but it doesn't have much game play

The rest i have no opinion

Mugatu

Stupid question guys but I need help with modbot.

I got a 2 pack of Don't Starve and I wanted to give one to modbot but I don't know how to get the key from steam. I tried to gift the game via e-mail to myself but it didn't send a key, just a link - did I screw up?

Ezra2680

Just a quick question fellow GAFfers, can you at least Vote on a Android Phone? It seems I will miss 3 Days of the Summer Sale (19th, 20th and 21th) and I was hoping I could do almost everything from a phone (I know there's some stuff I may not be able to do).

I hope to have some wireless signal, otherwise I hope a 3G Connection will be able to do the Voting and checking/buying the daily deals. If not... I need to find a solution.

I use my android phone at work with a 3g connection to vote and buy games. Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have service.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Which is hilarious, given there's also a Gold *upgrade* for people who own the base game. In UK prices, if you want to buy Gods & Kings, you can either, well, buy Gods & Kings for £10, or you can buy the Gold upgrade for £2.50 - and get a ton more stuff as well.

It's not the hardest of purchase decisions!

I already owned G&K, but I still paid the $5 for the Gold upgrade just to get all of the DLC civs and stuff. So technically I've bought the G&K expansion twice, LOL.

It's okay though, I play a lot of Civ V so I don't feel too bad about it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I got a 2 pack of Don't Starve and I wanted to give one to modbot but I don't know how to get the key from steam. I tried to gift the game via e-mail to myself but it didn't send a key, just a link - did I screw up?

If you can't figure out how to give it away with ModBot, you could get rid of the middleman and gift it to me. :D

But I'm also curious to know if you can gift games through ModBot that are part of a multi-pack.

The_Monk

How are they?

Sine Mora may be a bit hard but I really like the Visuals, art Style and the language it is on simply because it is a different one.

To the Moon is Story based mostly, have a great Soundtrack and it's a short but sweet experience. I hope you can play it and like it. Took me 4 hours from start to finish.

Hope it helped a bit fellow GAFfer.

EDIT: Thank you KMD & Ezra2680 & SuicidalSteve & ActStriker & mclem now I just hope the area isn't too weak on my phone signal.

Yes if you have the steam app on android you can vote as normal when viewing the catalogue...It is on a tab in that section

yeah, you can vote through the Steam app.

mclem

You can definitely vote, I did it this morning with Chrome. Purchases seem a little tricky, I was having difficulty putting in payment info. It might work if I were to pre-charge my Steam Wallet, though.

Use the link it sent you, but take out everything from the question mark and beyond.

Or you could just do first person to quote or something.

cicero

You get a free key for Ticket to Ride when you buy an indie game on Amazon.com, I just can't find anything I need :/
I am in the same boat. All of the individual titles for sale are at the jacked up normal retail price, none of the bundles are appealing, and none of the decent bundles that got pulled early in June ever came back. This Amazon decline in sale values is somewhat troubling to my deal finding heart.

mclem

I already owned G&K, but I still paid the $5 for the Gold upgrade just to get all of the DLC civs and stuff. So technically I've bought the G&K expansion twice, LOL.

It's okay though, I play a lot of Civ V so I don't feel too bad about it.

I did exactly the opposite - had most of the DLC, didn't have G&K, so 'upgraded to Gold' for that purpose.

I think the lowest it's been on Steam was $5.

oh, apparently mirror's edge is one of those rare games that's cheaper in europe/my region of europe I guess. I just noticed, if it goes 50% off it'll end up being 2.50€ here which equals $3.26. Although I think they're going to charge 3€ in my region if it goes on sale which means they're using some form of math I'm not familiar with. Still cheaper than a fiver though, it'd be $3,92. So if it does go on sale and some of you need to save an extra dollar I'd be willing to help.

Mugatu

If you can't figure out how to give it away with ModBot, you could get rid of the middleman and gift it to me. :D

But I'm also curious to know if you can gift games through ModBot that are part of a multi-pack.

Or you could just do first person to quote or something.

True but I want to learn how to use this thing (feeling old that I need instructions to a bot LOL)

Use the link it sent you, but take out everything from the question mark and beyond.

Thanks, I will do that - let's see if this works

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, uh, no one took my Bad Rats from yesterday, so I'm reposting it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I'm sorry -- MB-9FEB26FDB138FDD6

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So that's it. I hit 200 items on the Marketplace, and they didn't allow me account to sell more.

All these cards are going to pile up (I already have 4 pages worth of them). I'm fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom