• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascully

As far as I know when you get 5 different ones of those you can "craft" the badge featured on the top of the Store. (As far as I know its only purpose is to show off and give XP to the "Steam Level")

It's actually 10 different cards to craft the badge.

Question on Civ V. Does Brave new world include the gods and kings improvements (Ala Civ 4 BTS and warlords?) or do I need both to get the full package.

I have Civ V currently, so I'm thinking I'll just wait for Brave new world to drop.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Not to be a dick, but is asking "how does this work" really that much easier than reading the OP or the giant links on Steam's front page that explain everything clearly? How do you people get through life?

Apparently I can send a PM to myself, I wonder why the ones I sent to ModBot went to nothing?

Can I blame Verizon? Cause I like blaming them.

One day and 10K posts. Madness.

What am I missing out on by not doing this trading card stuff? It seems like a multi-level gamerscore that eventually, if you're lucky enough and work at it long enough, might lead to something like a coupon. Are people just doing it for the sake of having them?

xptoxyz

You need every card of the set to craft a badge.

It's actually 10 different cards to craft the badge.

Oh you always need the full set? I thought since 5 is what gets featured on your profile. It was like 5 for level 1, maybe more after. I haven't had the time to keep up with that.

So people with different levels of badges just crafted them multiple times? Say level 2 = 2 of each card? Crazy...

Milchmann

Hey everyone. Looks like the Enhanced Steam server beefed up considerably overnight, and the server move is done. If anyone is still having problems with any of the API calls, let me know (pricing history not showing, etc)

We'll see how it holds up in a few more hours when everything gets crazy.

I have two problems. On every game page I get a Tages warning and the calculated bundle savings are wrong. Firefox 22 + Enhanced Steam 2.9.

Example:
unbenannth8a2s.png

Sober

Question on Civ V. Does Brave new world include the gods and kings improvements (Ala Civ 4 BTS and warlords?) or do I need both to get the full package.

I have Civ V currently, so I'm thinking I'll just wait for Brave new world to drop.
You get religion and espionage but you miss out on the civs and scenarios it adds.

edit: you should drop 5$ to pick up G&K and all the DLC

cicero

It's not twelve it's 20. I already have Civ V im just debating on upgrading.

DunderHassan is legit. He has a top rating in the GAF Buy/Sell/Trade thread, and I just availed myself of his services this week and it was a very nice experience. He also has had no problems with any of his gifts, which is how you will get a game from him, as a gift direct through Steam itself. No codes, no problems with Valve.

I want to test ModBot out so here are some leftover keys from bundles that I'm not interested in myself. I'll probably have some better stuff as the sale continues.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-71547A79C1AB0730 - Taken by DamnTheMan
Nightsky -- MB-1799C81F52F4B3B2 - Taken by SuicidalSteve
Oil Rush -- MB-3482864D3428B4E7 - Taken by Dambrosi

ascully

Oh you always need the full set? I thought since 5 is what gets featured on your profile. It was like 5 for level 1, maybe more after. I haven't had the time to keep up with that.

yeah always the full set to craft a badge, and if you are feeling really brave craft the badge 5 times lol

Mugatu

Not to be a dick, but is asking "how does this work" really that much easier than reading the OP or the giant links on Steam's front page that explain everything clearly? How do you people get through life?

The FAQ only mentions keys and I didn't know if e-mail gifts were possible to give through the modbot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have two problems. On every game page I get a Tages warning and the calculated bundle savings are wrong.

Example:

Which version do you have installed? Both of these look like bugs that have already been fixed in the newer versions.

Robot Pants

So once you buy a game that has trading cards, is there a way to see which ones have them on your library list? Or do I have to go into my community profile and look?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Reposting this again.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats -- MB-9FEB26FDB138FDD6

Someone please take it.

Mugatu

The ModBot OP doesn't mention Steam Gifts, but Salsa explained in this thread's OP.

Oop, I stopped when I saw the FAQ and clicked on that.

Either way, yeah maybe it's a bit annoying seeing the questions but they all indicate someone trying to give a gift to the community - not really cause for complaint IMO.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Oop, I stopped when I saw the FAQ and clicked on that.

Either way, yeah maybe it's a bit annoying seeing the questions but they all indicate someone trying to give a gift to the community - not really cause for complaint IMO.

It was more so in reference to the trading card questions than modbot, that is indeed compensated by the generosity (unless it's Bad Rats)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Bad Rats -- MB-9FEB26FDB138FDD6
Even if you don't want the game, you could always gift it to someone else.

Please

mclem

1000. I am at 833 or something like that and it still only shows the 500 badge.

That's annoying. I'll definitely hit 750 this sale, but 1000 is highly unlikely unless I get a decent amount of recommendations for cheap indies that I don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom