• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is a common question but I cannot find the link in the OP: what's that webpage that shows you the art for the cards, backgrounds and badges?

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Most people hate him because half the shit he took isn't on his steam account. I stopped giving a doo-doo yesterday. If people don't want him taking keys they can block him.

Ehh, that accusation is questionable, but there's no doubt he was being a dick about it. And that matters to me because internet.
hi, javadot, still reading this?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just a friendly reminder for those doing giveaways through modbot:

Stumpokapow said:
Rules and Restrictions:
- To add a rule or restriction to your giveaway, you need to put the rule on its own line in the PM. So nothing else should be on the line, just the rule. The following rules are supported:
RECEIPT
This makes the bot send you a receipt as people claim your giveaways. Receipts may be individual or combined depending on the time window. Receipts make take a few minutes, the bot prioritizes giveaways over receipts.
NOLURKERS
This makes it so that a user has to have posted in the Steam thread 5 or more times before they become eligible
NOWINNERS
This makes it so that past winners are not eligible for the giveaway. During beta testing, this will exclude any past winner. In the future there will be a time limit of around a month.
NOWINNERSWEEKLY
This makes it so that people who have won within a week are not eligible. During beta testing, all wins before July 9th count as July 9th for this counter.
ANONYMOUS
This has the bot post the giveaway in the thread itself, so your charity is Anonymous and no one will ever know it was you. You can still get receipts if you want PM updates on who took your stuff.
BLOCK username
This will block that username from participating in specific.
BLACKLIST
This will block any user that another user has permanently blocked--basically, this is when you feel like users are exploiting the system, but you don't know who to block. It's community policing.

PMTHANKS
This will include a little bit of instruction text asking the user to PM you with thanks instead of posting in the thread. Of course it is non-binding.
GIVERSONLY
This will restrict the giveaway to previous givers only. After beta testing, there may be a recency check to prevent someone from giving away one useless thing and moving on

javadots

Banned
That's because hes banned on most of the lists.

Most people hate him because half the shit he took isn't on his steam account. I stopped giving a doo-doo yesterday. If people don't want him taking keys they can block him.

THE REASON HALF OF MY SHIT ISN'T ON MY STEAM ACCOUNT IS BECAUSE I GAVE HALF OF IT AWAY AND I CAN'T ACCESS TWO GAMES, AND ONE GAME IS THROUGH BITTORRENT WITHOUT STEAM KEYS. GET ME!?

Stimpack

The first step of many, if you actually mean it

He doesn't mean anything. People were ranting and raving and the mods told him how the community would react. Sure it was "fair and square" in the way that a shyster tries to argue that he's not a complete pile of garbage. The fact is that he beat the system and he was smug as all hell about screwing everyone. Not many like him, and why would they. Anyway, that's about the long and short of it.

Copons

THE REASON HALF OF MY SHIT ISN'T ON MY STEAM ACCOUNT IS BECAUSE I GAVE HALF OF IT AWAY AND I CAN'T ACCESS TWO GAMES, AND ONE GAME IS THROUGH BITTORRENT WITHOUT STEAM KEYS. GET ME!?

Isn't this... like... I'm not saying "against the rules", but... you know... kinda bad?

zychi

Banned

yesterday you said they were on an alternate account. nice change of story

also, not smart to say you pirated a game here, pretty much insta-ban

Ezra2680

That seems like a fair assessment.

KuGsj.gif
You might be okay after all javadots. Maybe.

No. :( I read Stump's post too!

I don't know think this has been addressed yet, but it looks like you were trying to message Modbot 2, which is wrong. Send everything to Modbot and Modbot 2 may be the one that responds to you to help with load balance. But all your PM's go to Modbot

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably not even gonna buy anything, why am I excited?

I want to ignore you, but how could I? You are both the worst and the best of the thread. So you've at least got that going for you, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom