• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Damn I'd love to get Fez but I dont have a controller and i hear it doesnt work well at all with kbam

I kind of enjoyed it with KBAM, there's one game mechanic that was switched around to make up for the lack of a specific feature but it's just as clever.

EDIT:

Javadots getting banned is the best thing to happen this sale. ARE YOU READY FOR A MIRACLEEEEEEE

Megasoum

Banned
I'm tempted by Fez but Phil Fish annoys me so much that I think I will pass...

I know he's just trolling but at some point people need to grow up, it's gets annoying.

JoduanER2

As for the 4-pack that I just bought, two have contacted me and sent some info. Still waiting on Paypals.

1. blindrocket
2. JoduanER2
3. Volotaire
4. Anilusion

JoduanER2, please send me a PM if you are still interested. Thanks!

donating my place, just realized i want anno 2070

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
iO1B9BdsVgBxx.gif

Haha, this thread is a gif goldmine.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Chivalry is finally cheap enough to buy. Anybody doing 4-pack I can get in on? I've never done one so I don't know exactly how they work.

Vistrix

I'm assuming Blood Dragon won't go any lower than it currently is?

Its a stand alone game but Far Cry 3 is in the Flash sale...

Now that javadots-gate is behind us, let's go back to talking about sales!

Is there anybody else here who was really really into Steam's past sales events, but not really feeling this trading card business?

For the past events, summer camp, and the coal winter event, I installed most of the achievemen games and got said achievement to get prizes/coal/etc, but for this one, I have no interest in installing all these various games and idling for hours just to sell cards for 30 cents each.

Me too, It was awesome. I loved Tomas and The_Monks hard work in this thread even more: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482290&

So what's the verdict on Surgeon Simulator? I played the freeware version and it was fun and QWOP-esque (in a good way)

But are the devs planning on adding more content?

This is the best day of Steam sales for me in a while. Surgeon Simulator and Blood Dragon are obvious gets for me and Walking Dead, FTL and XCOM are great prices (already own them). Plus everyone's freaking out about Fez (still haven't played on 360).

The only thing is Anno 2070. Oh god I want you but it's such a tease with how slowly the price drops from sale to sale. $15 for the base package is the lowest we've seen but... Plus the existence of a deluxe version with all the DLC and expansion doesn't help. Anyone who's actually played 2070 know if it's worth splurging for Deep Ocean? Or if I should just go back and play the copies of 1701 and 1404 I still have lying around (mostly) untouched?

Rafy

Today's ModBot settings have been adjusted to be more friendly:
- If you've won less than 15 games in the last week: One game every 30 minutes (down from one hour)
- 15-17 games in the last week: One game every 12 hours (down from 24 hours)
- 17+ games in the last week: One game every 72 hours (down from one week)

Enjoy and please consider giving back if you take a lot of stuff. :)

what about having a rule that if somebody does a giveaway he gets to participate in one more or the waiting time is reduced to the one of the previous tier just for one giveaway.
Can be abused but you can limit it a bit, like only two more, or something...

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Chivalry
Just Cause 2
TWD
Sniper 2
GTA 4 Complete

Anyone up for the Chivalry 4-pack?

14,99€ for Anno is too much imo

cicero

I'm sorry to go a little Off Topic fellow GAFfers but I don't believe it is okay to send Private Messages to other GAFfers and therefore, offend them.

I just got this PM:

8yvpXZN.jpg
Well...so I am not the only one who was getting abusive private messages from him. I actually took some time to try to explain things to him, he responded with more rudeness.

javadots said:
cicero said:
javadots said:
cicero said:
javadots said:
Are you lost in translation motherfucker? All I asked was for him to give BL2 away. Fucking deal with it.
Right, as if you had no desire to snatch it up yourself. Do you really think that anyone is buying your "innocent" BS now?

Try dealing with the legitimate backlash to your offensive anti-community total bastard behavior. You brought it on yourself.

No shit I want it. That's the name of the game. If you want a game, you take the opportunity to ask for it. And then you try and get it for yourself. Deal with it. What you guys have is called fucking jealousy. So don't even try it.
I have around 840 games. I didn't give a crap about ANY of the games you took. Why would I? I ALREADY OWN THEM. And I got them legitimately, without screwing over a community I joined by either taking too many, bragging about how many I took, making a disingenuous apology when confronted by a completely legitimate backlash to obviously anti-social behavior, and then resorting to the same arrogant logic and excuses that were being made prior to the disingenuous apology. I didn't do any of those things. You did. Not to mention where you supposedly put codes back into chat after the backlash, intentionally choosing to not hide them, making it virtually impossible to determine whether you gave back codes you took yourself or not. Maybe one or two codes were actually given back legit, given your previous actions, why would anyone assume you did otherwise. You show no real shame or concern. Only a desire to further your own interests at the expense of everyone else.

That you relegate this entire situation to everyone else supposedly not doing what you did as good as you did it, shows the complete apparent lack of comprehension that you seem to have about your own behavior and the backlash that it is ALWAYS going to cause. Some may be jealous that you took codes they wanted, the majority are going to be angered at your complete lack of basic social skills and decency to the community you chose to join. Your continued bragging, disingenuous apology, and excuses for bad behavior, is NEVER going to create a positive response in people who go out of their way to be POSITIVE members of whatever community they choose to join.

Do you seriously not realize how harmful your own behavior is to YOU personally? If you had just made a mistake and seriously apologized for it and just took some of the abuse people might have continued to level at you calmly and rationally, it would have ended shortly. But you compounded it by then taking more codes, right after apologizing, completely negating the basic premise of an apology, which is an acknowledgement of a WRONG committed and a desire to change in some way. Now you are back to the same excuses to rationalize bad behavior.

Grow up, accept that your extended bad behavior is going to make you a pariah, and actually change. Or not. You may find that pursuing your own self-interests at the expense of everyone else benefits you in the short-term. It simply will not in the long-term. I certainly hope you become a beneficial and positive member of this community, you have not been on your way to being one so far. I hope you change.

If you don't care whether I took them, mind your own fucking business jack. It's that simple.
I tried.

BadAss2961

lol, Javadots.

I didn't want to encourage someone's ban, but now that it's happened, i'll say that I always knew he was no good. You guys should've seen him in the last Steam thread where he took a ModBot key and asked "so what do I do with the key if I don't want it?."

Onionkid

Now that javadots-gate is behind us, let's go back to talking about sales!

Is there anybody else here who was really really into Steam's past sales events, but not really feeling this trading card business?

For the past events, summer camp, and the coal winter event, I installed most of the achievemen games and got said achievement to get prizes/coal/etc, but for this one, I have no interest in installing all these various games and idling for hours just to sell cards for 30 cents each.

Yep. Not liking the card system as much as the old style sales. Like you said, it was fun to actively go for the achievements, as opposed to just, "meh play it a bit". Plus, getting random free games from the Christmas sale was obviously a nice treat. Still, good deals, and it's still kinda fun collecting the cards...no complaints, really.

iqubal

Banned
How does Darksiders 2 run on pc? Last I heard it was a terrible port with very little graphic setting options? Or was that part 1?

Juice

Woot, just picked up Fez & Chivalry.

I know people are always going to loudly proclaim their disappointment in Steam sales but this year's have started off with a bang.

Only one I failed to pull the trigger on was Borderlands 2. Hope it comes back as a daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom