• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I hope I can make 3 euros on trading cards within the next 24 hours... Haven't had to spend a non-trading card cent yet, but Fez is tempting my real wallet... I can feel it vibrating on my desk.

I voted for streetfighter but then regretted it since I have kept dawgs installed to purchase and finish it's dlc before I uninstall it. After which I will reinstall it when it inevitably gets cards.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
javadots
Banned
(Today, 01:22 PM)

Lol
For great justice!

Seems like a good time to give away FTL keys. :D I got enough PMs to go through with it.

A Human Becoming said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL: Faster Than Light (1) -- MB-6A5E1FF8F08666CC - Taken by Onionkid
FTL: Faster Than Light (2) -- MB-E1C3A10329FF947E - Taken by H3xum

Symphonic

It's the closest you'll ever get to GTA: Hong Kong

Wouldn't this be closer?

fob.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't know if this is against the rules, but is Far Cry 3 worth $23? One of the two games during this sale I'll probably play between now and the Christmas sale (the other being Dishonored). Should I wait till next sale for it?

I'd wait for it to go cheaper. The game becomes incredibly boring once you've unlocked all the (meaningful) perks, as its design focuses on feeding XP to the player, which becomes worthless when you have nothing to spend it on. Additionally, the campaign isn't particularly engaging and the side-missions are uninspired hunting/bounty/fetch quests that are, simply, tediously dull. Lastly, Ubi saw fit to remove enemy engagements entirely when you've taken over an outpost in a region, so travelling the world is decidedly unexciting as there are no "emergent" moments to keep you on your toes (though Ubi did add the option to reset outposts).

Far Cry 3 is basically a prime example of how Ubi takes complaints to heart and then ruins the next instalment by going too far in the opposite direction.

Wow, some seriously good flash deals - XCom, Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon, Runner2, all on my radar. I hate to spend so much early in the sale, but some good stuff here.

Grief.exe

So what's the verdict on Surgeon Simulator? I played the freeware version and it was fun and QWOP-esque (in a good way)

But are the devs planning on adding more content?

They have been adding content pretty regularly.

Yeah but I only have $29 and I'm waiting for Gunpoint, Warband, Prison Architect

Prison Architect isn't going to happen within your budget.

The devs want to keep it higher price so less people are in the alpha.

Volotaire

As for the 4-pack that I just bought, two have contacted me and sent some info. Still waiting on Paypals.

1. blindrocket
2. JoduanER2
3. Volotaire
4. Anilusion

JoduanER2, please send me a PM if you are still interested. Thanks!

Contacted you about the spit price of the US deal is, I'm not sure as I'm in the UK.

And you're link to Steam ID is not working.

bee

so the 3 games i actually wanted all went up in price whilst i was at work, i dislike the way steam do sales, a lot

Picking up Black Ops 2. First COD game I'll have actually bought since World at War. (Although I was gifted BO and played a lot of MW2) The combination of me moving home for the Summer and having a well paying seasonal job is just going to end poorly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
when CyL finds out that Valve doesn't give a shit about him he's going to burn their headquarters down. And I'm not saying I condone arson, but frankly if I was a firefighter, I'd call in sick. #freecyl #mascots #truebrothersofsteam #gabesucks #whybother #summeradventures #hangingwithmydudes #embarrassing #deathbecomesher #evenoldnewyorkwasoncenewamsterdam #ilovemascots #aintnopartywithoutmybrahs
I knew something was off with this sale, but I couldn't put my finger on it. This is it. Where are the mascots, Valve? Where are they?

Well Stump, if Valve won't deliver I think you'll have to invent your own story about them. There no such thing as a proper sale without your amazing fanfic!

Helmholtz

So far I've bought:
Antichamber
Fez
FTL

Disappointed that there's no discount on the walking dead DLC, especially since I've heard it's not necessarily worth the five dollars due to its length. Guess I'll just wait for season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom