• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a lose one. Basically you're dropped in to cause mayhem. It's not that simple but that's pretty much what happens. There are bases etc that you basically just blow everything to hell to liberate. There are some missions here and there to progress the story too. The real draw though is just screwing around in the world. You go in and destroy shit in towns, villages, cities, etc to liberate them and then every so often the story advances with some new story missions. The real draw though is just screwing around in the world.

hmm, then it's probably not for me. I can screw around for only so long before I get bored.

marrec

Banned
I haven't given away a game in like, 3 hours:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Waking Mars -- MB-B02A7DE97FB6AEA7 - Taken by Shadowplay1979

Why is Steam still experiencing a heavy load. I thought Valve would fix this by now.

My guess is that they don't figure it's worth buying new servers for the 1 hour per day during sales that their current server capacity can't manage.

Their current system works well 99% of the time.

Yondy604

Banned
Hey guys I have a buddy who got like 20 keys for a few games, Ill try to snag a few and give them away to my gaf friends :D

(big games like metro, and anon, etc)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man what the fuck! Telltale must hate my money or something.

I'm actually offended that they would release ANOTHER game, 400 days, with the same save glitch on top of it. Fuck you telltale!

Telltale and Ubi are two peas in a pod when it comes to fixing bugs.

Danj

My guess is that they don't figure it's worth buying new servers for the 1 hour per day during sales that their current server capacity can't manage.

Their current system works well 99% of the time.

But they should use the
infinite power of the
cloud to provide peak burst capacity. That's what it's for!

H3xum

Question

Did Bastion have Cards yesterday afternoon? Or were they added later in the evening/today?

Need to know if I should re-download (originally did it around 5est yesterday)

Grief.exe

If I buy a gift now, can I store it in my inventory until I want to email it to myself for modbot?

Or is it stuck in my inventory once I put it there.

So far not all that much damage for me just yet.

Bought Counterstrike complete and the Hotline Miami Soundtrack (paid full price when it came out). Here's hoping I'll see a nice deal on Rouge Legacy, Super House of Dead Ninjas and maybe a bigger discount on Warframe and Metro: LL DLC ( was one of the lucky ones yeterday)

Jonm1010

Banned
It's not another game. It's DLC that's tied into the same client.
Well ok but it's still ridiculous that they would release content that they are asking people to pay them money for without fixing a glitch they are clearly aware of at this point and is affecting a not insignificant number of users of their product.

Grief.exe

Is defiance worth it?

Not really

Question

Did Bastion have Cards yesterday afternoon? Or were they added later in the evening/today?

Need to know if I should re-download (originally did it around 5est yesterday)

A lot of games got added later on yesterday

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds, and Badges to collect:
Bioshock Infinite
Hotline Miami
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Defiance
Toki Tori 2
Mars:War Logs

Also added today:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Bastion

And more:

Saints Row: The Third
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Football Manager 2013

The_Monk

Can any kind GAFfer tell how is the Combat/Turn Based in The Last Remnant or how it works? It seems it's not like an old School RPG, but I may be wrong.

I'm tempted, however I'm very bad at RPG's despite loving them a lot.

masterkajo

Question for my friends.

How often do you get trading cards?. Can you get multiple at once (as in 3/4/5 games open)

I am running 5 games at once and got 3 cards at the same time. But then nothing for 3 hours. So I went back to run 1 game at a time. Still dropping very slow (~1 card per hour). Seems their servers getting hit hard.

vermadas

I hate when I'm tempted by games that aren't on my wishlist. Haven't been into shooty games lately but Blood Dragon looks amazing. Runner2 looks damn good as well.

I think that I recall reading in the other Steam thread that DayZ was due kind of soon and may cost up to $25?
I want to make sure I have enough in my account for that.

Can anyone kind of confirm that loose bit of info for me? Thanks

Divius

Still looking for another person for chivalry 4-pack :)
Count me in!

edit:
image.php

BEATEN BY SLOWPOKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom