• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeesioux

Yeah, if you just have to have a COD game, you may as well get it when it comes out before the hackers ruin it and the sales suck anyway.

The_Monk

Thanks a lot for answering fellow GAFfers, it seems interesting indeed but I'm no so sure by risking getting it and then regret it so I will hold just a little more my decision.

I also hope Torchlight II can be a daily. I already have it, but more people should buy! There's a LOT of Mods if people are also into them.

Annubis

Ok, so about them cards, can you get cards of more than one game at the time?
Lets say I have FTL, Skyrim's launcher and Miami all opened.

marrec

Banned
Question, how does one acquire booster packs.

It's kind of random. As people craft badges you may get a Booster Pack, but the percentage chance that you get one is based on your Steam LvL.

Also, I guess that guy didn't want Surgeon Simulator that badly.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Can any kind GAFfer tell how is the Combat/Turn Based in The Last Remnant or how it works? It seems it's not like an old School RPG, but I may be wrong.

I'm tempted, however I'm very bad at RPG's despite loving them a lot.

Its definitely unique. It is old school in that its turn based, but its more contextual than any turn based rpg I have played before. Instead of a single character you control squads. Positioning is super important and decided by what squad you have to attack. Instead of options being fight, magic, item, etc. you get context based things like telling your squad to go magic heavy, or use healing items/spells, or healing/attacking at the same time. Its kinda difficult to explain. Good game though.

fresquito

Tempted to go XCOM, but it doesn't sound that hot of a deal.

Don't get me wrong, I've heard the game is sweet, but my impression is that I can get it cheaper. Am I wrong?

Thanks a lot for answering fellow GAFfers, it seems interesting indeed but I'm no so sure by risking getting it and then regret it so I will hold just a little more my decision.

I also hope Torchlight II can be a daily. I already have it, but more people should buy! There's a LOT of Mods if people are also into them.

What's your steam ID, I'll buy it for you. I won't let you miss a great game for 3.39€.

What's good with Mirror's Edge though?? I never completed it on 360 YEARS ago and it's $10 right now. Is it going to go down?? i voted for it and it lost to GTA IV...

Enjoy. Hope I did it properly
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Life 2 Deathmatch -- MB-5214167E3099EDF1 - Taken by Avallon
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-621E96AFBF21E874

Cynar

Ohh holy gaf gods, Should I buy DS2 for 10$.

I wanted this game for ages, but i heard its hit or miss.

I bought it on sale last year and absolutely loved the first one. The game starts out great but then I started to lose interest in it and haven't touched it since, it feels a bit like a chore.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
FUCK THE BACKLOG LETS GO ALL IN
ngbbs4c061a440edc6.jpg

Mordeccai

It's kind of random. As people craft badges you may get a Booster Pack, but the percentage chance that you get one is based on your Steam LvL.

Also, I guess that guy didn't want Surgeon Simulator that badly.

So I have to craft badges to get a drop? Or if other people craft badges I get a random chance for a drop?

VandalD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-46241043FA1B514B - Taken by Overdoziz
Breath of Death VII -- MB-7738595490D92BFE - Taken by rikitikitik

I've had these two games in my inventory for a long time. Someone take them!
Hope I did this right.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
So far:
  • Civ V Gold Edition
  • SR3 Full Package
  • Just Cause 2
  • The Walking Dead
  • GTA4 Complete Edition
  • Sniper 2
  • Surgeon Simulator 2013

sunnz

$7.49 for GTA IV Complete.... wonder if I should double dip just to have it.

Are any mods worthwhile?

The mods for GTA iv/ DLC are pretty awesome.

From full map conversions ( GTA SA map for iv, race tracks added into the IV map on the sea) to vehicle mods, mods like iron and Hulk which are as good IMO as the actual games :p,amazing graphical mods and many many more.

Pretty much everything is covered.

$7.49 for GTA IV Complete.... wonder if I should double dip just to have it.

Are any mods worthwhile?

It's really fun when you mod it and whatnot but I just kind of gave up on playing it on PC because it's annoying to keep stable. Someone gave me the complete GTA IV collection free on Steam and I've installed lots of mods on it.

cicero

Damage so far:

Gifted to others:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Operation Payback Pass x2
Half-Life Complete
FTL: Faster Than Light
Bastion
Gun Monkeys

Gifts from others:
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Gift from kind GAFer TheDancingWatermelon
Hero Academy - Gift from friend

tarheel91

The mods for GTA iv/ DLC are pretty awesome.

From full map conversions ( GTA SA map for iv, race tracks added into the IV map on the sea) to vehicle mods, mods like iron and Hulk which are as good IMO as the actual games :p,amazing graphical mods and many many more.

Pretty much everything is covered.

Isn't there something about you needing to be on a specific version of the game for most mods to work or something?

awww, that's horribly disappointing. I really wanted to get into these games, but the fact that they ignore a bug that seems to effect a large part of the userbase means I'll never give them money.

Yeah, I forgot about the save bug. If they aren't going to fix it, then I'm not buying the game. My backlog is large and I don't want to add a game if the developers aren't willing to fix something so major.

Is this problem really that hard to fix? It doesn't seem like it would be.

I think I might get PsychoNauts because of that price. I already have it on regular Xbox but at least it saves me from having to dust it off in the future if I ever want to play it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom