• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

Seriously, everybody buy Chivalry NOW. And get your friends to buy it.

Then spam your "C" button or better yet, map 'Battle Cry' to mouse 1 and spam the fuck out of it. And then slice the heads off of your friends while dancing on their corpses.

Also, most noob friendly class is probably vanguard. Just make sure to learn other clicks than left mouse button, especiallly when you're fighting in groups. Stabs are godly.

Stimpack

Can any kind GAFfer tell how is the Combat/Turn Based in The Last Remnant or how it works? It seems it's not like an old School RPG, but I may be wrong.

I'm tempted, however I'm very bad at RPG's despite loving them a lot.

It's really weird. It's not traditional in the least. I honestly don't even know how I would describe it. I found it to be rather complicated, but that's just me. The story didn't interest me enough to explore it to its ends.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Hey gaf, whats Chivalry and is it good?

It's really good. Multiplayer only. Basically a dark ages Counterstrike - but there is a lot of thought put into melee combat. You have like six different attacks, a block, a parry and a kick (and a button that makes you yell a battle cry which is worth the cost of admission alone)

Awesome feeling all the FTL love. :) Hopefully falling in love with the little space tragedy simulator will get more people to pay more attention to the indie scene.

Any chance of the mods editing his tag to...

Hahah, that'd be great. :D

I'm thinking about Chivalry and FTL..I probably won't play either of them which if why I haven't gotten them yet but it's just so tempting now

OT: my Metro LL order is still in process. wtf

Play FTL or I will kill myself just so my ghost can haunt you for all eternity.

You think that's not scary, but I will use a (ghostly, obviously) audio player to play back Justin Biever songs and Twilight audiobooks.

Avallon

Can any kind GAFfer tell how is the Combat/Turn Based in The Last Remnant or how it works? It seems it's not like an old School RPG, but I may be wrong.

I'm playing it now (just started a few days before the steam sale) It's solid. The combat is very unique, in a good way. The game has some serious screen tearing issues during prerendered cinematics, but holds up pretty well at 1080p. It's worth a purchase.

Crayons

Banned
Seriously, everybody buy Chivalry NOW. And get your friends to buy it.

Then spam your "C" button or better yet, map 'Battle Cry' to mouse 1 and spam the fuck out of it. And then slice the heads off of your friends while dancing on their corpses.

Also, most noob friendly class is probably vanguard. Just make sure to learn other clicks than left mouse button, especiallly when you're fighting in groups. Stabs are godly.

Yeah, better get your friends to buy it. I installed the game, played with some randoms and they kicked me for sucking.

Gotta say this has been a very exciting couple of days in this thread and you are all awesome and sending out these games...I thank you all. Now let's buy out the steam store till we go bust

Sykotik

It is turn based, but there are a lot of other factors. You control multiple squads instead of single characters, you can get advantages by surrounding the enemies, and vis-versa. Quite complex and sort of hard to explain.

inm8num2

If I buy a gift now, can I store it in my inventory until I want to email it to myself for modbot?

Or is it stuck in my inventory once I put it there.

I think so. Inventory gifts can be sent via email or through Steam, so you can email it to yourself at a later time.

Sianos

Count me in!

edit:
image.php

BEATEN BY SLOWPOKE

ahahaha

You know what, I actually think I changed my mind. You take the spot for meeeeee.

Stimpack

I think that I recall reading in the other Steam thread that DayZ was due kind of soon and may cost up to $25?
I want to make sure I have enough in my account for that.

Can anyone kind of confirm that loose bit of info for me? Thanks

Well it's been speculated for a long time, but I don't think anyone knows definitively. I've heard that it's supposed to release early access later this month or the next, but you know how that stuff goes man. Hopefully it should be soon. I would wait. In fact I AM waiting.

RS4-

http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaking
http://steamcommunity.com/app/23310/discussions/0/864969482126414227/

Should streamline and make TLR more playable than the travesty called the console version (or even the original PC release)

Bought so far:

• Borderlands + Season Pass
  • Torchlight II
  • Hotline Miami
  • FTL
  • Chivalry
  • The Last Remnant

I want X-COM, and Fez, and Bittrip as well, but no, I must stay stronggg and not give in.

I'm playing it now (just started a few days before the steam sale) It's solid. The combat is very unique, in a good way. The game has some serious screen tearing issues during prerendered cinematics, but holds up pretty well at 1080p. It's worth a purchase.

Use D3D overrider to get rid of the screentearing.

Mordeccai

Yeah, better get your friends to buy it. I installed the game, played with some randoms and they kicked me for sucking.

wat

fuck those guys, theres plenty of servers anyway. I sucked at this game for two days about. But oh man, that feel when you finally get ahold of the combat and go on a 15 person killing streak.

The game has incited bloodlust in me multiple times. Also a great game to play drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom