• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I'd recommend the GTA IV deal right now. I just remembered about the GTA San Andreas conversion mod is out and I'm going to download beta 3 and the peds add on and stir shit up in Los Santos.

Tempted to go XCOM, but it doesn't sound that hot of a deal.

Don't get me wrong, I've heard the game is sweet, but my impression is that I can get it cheaper. Am I wrong?

The only way XCOM would be cheaper is if it lowers its base price by the next sale (Thanksgiving or Winter). If it stays the same, this will be the most that it can go low for. At least for another year or two.

VandalD

Voted Sleeping Dogs. I was slow getting off of Windows XP and would like to give the game a shot.

FTL and Fez. First damage from this summer sale.

Still debating on whether to buy X-COM or not.
I've been thinking about X-COM, but I'd probably have more frustration than fun with it if it's still glitchy. The cover system seemed a bit off too from videos.

Digoman

Since they are giving the first Anomaly for free on facebook, here is the sequel for someone.

Steam gift URL... let me know if doesn't work... and enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-445808E68C7C73D4 - Taken by louiedog

ht01

Man, Second steam sale and first time I set a budget.

I thought I was doing well yesterday, only got....

Antichamber
Bioshock 2 &
Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Today is a whole different story.......Blood Dragon, Fez, Chivalry, Just cause 2.

Damn you Lord Gaben

yoshizzle

Perhaps a dumb question, how do I remove a game from my steam wishlist? Cloudius was very kind is giving away Binding Of Isaac now I dunno how to remove it!

Help me Gaf!

Click Store, then Wishlist (top right of page)

Under Binding of Isaac you'll see
Added on *date* (Remove) <click that

Lyng

Damage done so far:

Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
X-com
Legends of Grimrock
Little Inferno

And then I bought Skyrim Legendary for two friends.
And was gifted Left for dead 2 from one of them.

My wallet hates me.

-MD-

The best way to not spend money on sales is to go into the sale owning most of the games already.

It's foolproof.

So has walking dead on PC had the save glitch fixed? It's the the deciding factor for me.

I played through it start to end just this week without issue. It wouldn't load an old save it obtained from Steam Cloud I assume, but it worked fine with a manually backed up save midway through episode one.

It also seems to have fixed the 'won't launch in Windows 8 with an Xbox 360 controller connected unless you download a .dll and put it in TWD's directory' problem I was having a last time I was on Windows 8.

Exile550

So far:

FC3
FC3 Blood Dragon
CoJ Gunsligner

Total 40.77

Waiting for Tomb Raider and Dishonored and I'll be set until the winter sale!

dot

Hey guys, what do you think about Analogue: A Hate Story? It's -66% right now. I know, I have to wait for the daily deals. I just want to know your opinion.

I liked it a lot and it got me into visual novels. The story is pretty interesting and there are multiple endings so there is some replayability. It will be cheaper so don't get it just yet.

Voted Sleeping Dogs. I was slow getting off of Windows XP and would like to give the game a shot.

I've been thinking about X-COM, but I'd probably have more frustration than fun with it if it's still glitchy. The cover system seemed a bit off too from videos.

I'm not a patient gamer anymore, so I think I'll pass.

Just Cause 2 worth double dipping for crazy mods? I have it on PS3 that I've been playing lately.

Yeah, mods are a ton of fun. For that price, it's worth the visual update anyway.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They seriously reset the "Buy $10 worth of stuff" summer card drop rate if it drops a card because you voted for community sales? C'mon Gaben.

Edit: oh, it rolls over. You're forgiven.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
big up to Nabs for hooking it up with the Aquaria key. In honor of his generosity, I'm going to be having another summer sale giveaway coming up. Hold on to your butts!

louiedog

Since they are giving the first Anomaly for free on facebook, here is the sequel for someone.

Steam gift URL... let me know if doesn't work... and enjoy :)

Gift added to inventory. Thank you so much. I played through the first one on three different platforms and really enjoyed Korea. I've been looking forward to this one. It found a good home. Thanks!

Grief.exe

I'm willing to wait on Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon to go much cheaper.

Games look awesome, but if Ubisoft is wants to load their games full of UPLAY, then I want a significantly cheaper price point.

so far I think I'm controlling myself from going crazy:

- FEZ
- Don't Starve
- Ninja Blade
- The Cave

I have to focus on my whishlist otherwise my wallet will suffer some critical damage

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So we know at least one daily for the rest of the sale:

7/13 Dead Island Riptide
7/14 Football Manager 2013
7/15 Kerbal Space Program
7/16 Prison Architect
7/17 Reus
7/18 Skyrim
7/19 Tomb Raider
7/20 Torchlight 2
7/21 & 7/22 ????? Maybe repeats of best sellers?

3phemeral

Word of warning on From Dust:

It's a horribly optimized game that WILL NOT run on certain Processors or GPUs. Make sure you know that your computer will run it before buying it.

I had a hell of a time with this one dual-island level because the PC version had a glitch where the water would rise more quickly than it was supposed to. I didn't think it was a bug until after I passed it and realized how much easier the following levels were. I watched video tutorials and was like "That's totally not going to work. They're going to be swept away." Only to be extra pissed when the water stayed calmly at bay. Long enough for them to do some ridiculously long tasks that I didn't have the opportunity to attempt.

NIGHT-

I know most people say wait for a daily sale, but should I get system shock 2 now? Is there a chance of it even becoming a daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom