• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybore

Hope this works and someone out there doesn't own these games, would be nice to finally be rid of these gifts.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal -- MB-BA59884148B5A92C - Taken by Habieru
Half-Life 2: Episode One -- MB-4292339CE484E734 - Taken by DeadlyVirus

Fox318

Wait

Is this Javadots' Steam profile

He hasn't activated any games.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/javadots

4wTwiPW.png

He is selling the games then

So, did somebody figure out already what the point is of the summer card badges? What do you get when crafting them? At least with normal games you also get a background and emoticon, do you get any benefit with these or are you better off crafting normal game badges?

Nothing for me yet... I have been a Steam user (again) for 4 months and I have already bought most of those with bigger discounts :p Kinda interested in Skyrim but maybe I'll just wait, is it very demanding (ie. more demanding than Witcher 2 on low?)?

Nice to see Hotline Miami getting cards! Voting for BL2 as I own the other two.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, there's a Steam NeoGAF group? How can you get in there?

Post a link to your profile and ask someone to invite you. Don't be surprised if your request is lost in the shuffle, though, given the brisk pace of the thread at present.

Edit: Beaten.

Petrie

Banned
I keep avoiding CS:GO as I've never really played one and it keeps hovering just about the $5 price.

Somebody convince me one way or another so I can put this issue to bed!

Aru

Nothing for me today.
I would buy Hotline Miami, but I'm not sure. It's just 2 € alright, but my backlog is already quite full. It's discounted every now and then, so I'm not really missing a great deal here.

javadots

Banned
I'm not activating these games on this Steam account because it is a temporary Steam account. I can't reach my other account because the validated email associated with my other account was closed by university services, and therefore I cannot recover the password which I've forgotten. As a result, I am currently ticked with Steam Tech Support. I have not played any of the games that I've won and I very much want them.

An-Det

Was kinda hoping Skyrim Legendary Edition would go down to $30 here or one of the other summer sales. Still, fuck yeah Endless Space at that price (plus the dlc for only a dollar more).

I don't remember past steam sales killing the servers this long into the sales.

Seriously, usually by now it was mostly fine. Just goes to show how huge Steam is now.

First time, let's see if I did this right:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nethergate -- MB-238EE6F1300F9E0C - Taken by Giard
The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-6080CBE7FF168FB4 - Taken by A Human Becoming
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-836DB6A9477235AE
Avadon -- MB-A84946A444172630 - Taken by Almighty

I keep avoiding CS:GO as I've never really played one and it keeps hovering just about the $5 price.

It's a counter strike game, buy it, never play it, confident that the better versions were of yore.

PhaZZe

Banned
You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market.

Fuck you Valve, i dont want those shittie summer cards, i want money!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It has a very active community and is one of the better online FPS games to play due to its high and rewarding rather than unforgiving skill ceiling. FWIW, I'd rank it as the second-best Counter-Strike game, ahead of CS: Source but behind CS 1.6.

Salsa

hey who cares about sales let's just all grab pitchforks and derail this into a "hate Javadots" thread

just block the dude if it bothers you, he isnt doing anything "ilegal". Modbot was created specifically to avoid stuff like this, but people can still be people.

just put "NOWINNERS" on modbot and no one who already won can get it, boom.

Socreges

Banned
EVERY game has a chance of becoming a Daily Deal. Every single one of them. From 25% discounted games to 75% discounted games.

The thing is: Does it matter?

a 20 dollar game on a 50% discount is 10 dollars.
a 20 dollar game on a 75% discount is 5 dollars.
a 20 dollar game on a 80% discount is 4 dollars.
a 20 dollar game on a 85% discount is 3 dollars.

Steam discounts are almost never bigger than 75%.

In other words, if a game is currently discounted as 50% as it's default discount, can it go higher on a daily deal? Yes. Is it worth to wait for it until the last day of the sale? Yes, because it can go to 75%, which is a significant discount over the 50%.

If a game is currently discounted as 75% as it's default discount, can it go higher on a daily deal? Yes. Is it worth it? Depends on the price of the game, but on my example, imo, it's not worth to wait for it.

HOWEVER, this is all an useless argument, because if the game has it's base discount already applied (for instance, 50% on Company of Heroes), It'll have that price for the ENTIRETY of the sale. Meaning it doesn't make a difference if you buy it today or on the 22th (the last day of the sale): It'll have the same price.

The only LOGICAL THING to do is to take note of all the games you want to buy today, at the price they are today, and wait until the LAST DAY (because there's always a chance that the game will go on sale).

This obviously does not apply if you're going to live in a cave for half of the sale, where there's no internet, electricity, cell phones or smoke for you to communicate with anything: If that's the case, buy it now.

Otherwise, wait until the last day.

People should only be buying games now if they look WAY TOO GOOD (an Activision game with a 75% discount, something that was just released, as the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass with a discount, games that are part of the daily deals, games that are part of the flash deals, games which are obviously priced incorrectly). EVERYTHING ELSE (read: Games with regular discounts not part of any daily promotion) should be left to be purchased on the last day of the sale, again, because EVERY GAME HAS A CHANCE OF SHOWING UP AS A DAILY DEAL.

There, is my response less stupid now?
...what argument? I appreciate you going into such detail, but you've already answered the question! My only point before was to explain why your semantics was silly, if that makes any sense

Again, thanks. I've got a game plan now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom