• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

I keep putting my Bioshock getaway card on the market and it's not showing. Really annoying. Guess I'll let it sit and wait a while.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-900EE5DEFCDE86AC - Taken by kurtrussell
Dear Esther -- MB-E4FA374DA8E157E0 - Taken by xDEKOIx
Dynamite Jack -- MB-898A787261495245 - Taken by The_Monk
English Country Tune -- MB-29C6497AFF6BDE72 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Oil Rush -- MB-6D2B531A3B24D070 - Taken by ElFly
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-88367B0440ADFB9A
Proteus -- MB-CDFDCFEFC08A82C7 - Taken by DamnTheMan
Shank 2 -- MB-49092DF0C1E16C73 - Taken by Yondy604
Nightsky -- MB-8F5A14158725615D - Taken by shandy706
Solar 2 -- MB-B0076B89A0487258 - Taken by Kerub
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-13A4BACCF86D029F - Taken by Shambles
Dead wood

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So what's the limit on free games we can grab from Mod Bot? I know that each giveaway has rules that might not stop me from getting games but what's the unwritten code for this?

For all giveaways:
- You can only claim one game per giveaway. If you ask for two at once you get neither. If you ask for two in two separate PMs to ModBot, only your first claim is entered.

For certain giveaways on a per-giveaway basis:
- No previous winners
- No previous winners from the last week
- Only people who gave stuff away themselves
- Manual blocklist
- No lurkers (5 or fewer posts in this thread, 5 or fewer posts in last thread--if you have more than 5 in either you're safe)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If people don't want the same people sniping all the keys, those giving away stuff should just set giveaways to prevent previous winners or recent winners from participating. Modbot is just a tool, there are many ways to use him! :D
Hey, that's not nice. He may be a robot, but he still has feelings :/

Hey, don't speak about ModBot like that, fellow GAFfer! :(
Glad to see I'm not the only one who stands up for the rights of robots and cyborgs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't Dunder gave away gifts via ModBot the other day?

Yes, but it's not quite the same. You can't give away inventory items via ModBot, but if you purchase something as a gift and send it to your own e-mail address, you can use the redemption URL as a "key".

Brannon

Shaper Gaben, you have returned to us!

ModBot said:
It's The Geneforge Saga bitch! This shit is awesome and I already have it, but since it was mixed in with all the Avernum/Avadon loot, I've no use for it. So.

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

This should definitely work. Also just picked some rules at random, I'll be more selective in the future!

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Geneforge Saga -- MB-2B3E3224F87CF4CA

Damn, that lurker restriction locks me out of my own gift. Heh.

You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market.

Fuck you Valve, i dont want those shittie summer cards, i want money!

Added a new payment method and didn't realize I was going to get put in line for about a week to use the community market :/

dab0ne

I've already got the three games coming up on the community choice sale so is there anyone who wants me to vote for something specific?

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK Activision!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/213120/

This is Activision giving me the middle finger...they don't put sales on Transformers Fall of Cybertron...pathetic!!!

This is Activision during the Steam sale...
tumblr_lt5tnh31AC1qko5w4.gif

Zia

Can you still earn Summer Sale cards via crafted standard game badges? I just sold a bunch of them for twice as much as it cost me to craft those badges.

Inversive

Have any gaffers played Endless space? It sounds really interesting, i'm a fan of sins of a solar empire and it looks pretty similar. Is this a good deal?

Guys - am I in trouble?

Just tried to get Skyrim Legendary Edition but the steam store crashed/face overload as I completed the transaction. Now it charged my credit card, I have Skyrim in my Games tab, have the licence for the Legendary Edition in my user profile but no way to download the DLC?

The last time such a thing happened I never got any access to my Dragon Age expansions and add ons over steam, as EA and Valve butted heads and the issue was not resolved.

*fear*

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can you still earn Summer Sale cards via crafted standard game badges? I just sold a bunch of them for twice as much as it cost me to craft those badges.

yes.

Ways to earn summer sale cards:
- 3 votes in the daily voting
- $10 spent in the summer sale
- Crafting any other badge
- Trading to get them
- Buying them
- Being gifted them

I keep avoiding CS:GO as I've never really played one and it keeps hovering just about the $5 price.

Somebody convince me one way or another so I can put this issue to bed!
Definitely get it if you're interested in Counter-Strike. It has a multitude of convenient matchmaking options including skill-bracketed matchmaking that adheres to a vanilla ruleset-- that's a huge advantage compared to any other Counter-Strike game, where you'd have to scrounge for custom servers. The game gets a weekly patch and it's always getting balance tweaks, more maps, and more customization. I highly recommend it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh shit.. It's upon us.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to purchase Bioshock Infinite. Glad it's the first daily.

WOOOOOO... now if I can just keep myself from logging in again!!

OH NO WE BROKE IT...

I'm getting 503's now.

The_Monk

Glad to see I'm not the only one who stands up for the rights of robots and cyborgs.

You will never be alone fellow GAFfer!

Also, it seems I managed to get Dynamite Jack from the awesome Baconsaurus Rex, great GAFfer, I remember you from the Real Pic if I'm right! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom