• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

usea

x-com is 75% off. It's $10 and I'm still not buying it even though it's #1 on my wishlist. I'll wait for $5. :( I'm such a cheap bastard.

marrec

Banned
I loved FTL and Binding of Isaac - any comparison to those?

Not directly no. If you like the difficulty in those games then you won't be put off by it in Grimrock. It's more of a traditional Roguelike in that it's in the same genre as Wizardry which was influenced by Rogue.

the first game is pretty damn hard tho, so depending on your experience it being a bit easier might be a good thing

It was and that's what I loved about it. Was so simple yet so frustrating at times xD

I may pick up the second one but I only got $50 left in my Steam wallet so I have to choice more wisely.

TxdoHawk

Where be my Rogue Legacy deal!

I'm gonna guess way too new to get anything more than the 20 percent off or whatever they are already running on day 1. It's not even three weeks old.

That said, great game. Worth it even at full price. Lotta love slathered into that thing.

Yondy604

Banned
The last remnant plays like a game called ogre battle back in the day.

It has huge strategy, a "okay" story, and great gameplay.

Tons of content for 3$ and I mean tons

x3sphere

UPDATE ON IDLING FOR CARDS

Just got three cards from three different games, all at the same time, after about 15 minutes of idling them. They are alt tabbed and not windowed. Except for Don't Starve. That one is windowed. I also did not get a drop for that one, nor two others. We will see about those ones later.

So yes, it appears that you can idle multiple games and receive card drops for all of them.

Yeah, it definitely works... when I tried though I didn't get drops any faster, might've just gotten unlucky though.

UPDATE ON IDLING FOR CARDS

Just got three cards from three different games, all at the same time, after about 15 minutes of idling them. They are alt tabbed and not windowed. Except for Don't Starve. That one is windowed. I also did not get a drop for that one, nor two others. We will see about those ones later.

So yes, it appears that you can idle multiple games and receive card drops for all of them.

Confirmed. This is why I have 32GB in my PC... well, no, not really but it's a benefit.

Acorn

Everybody must BUY THIS GAME.

7273620090130_073339_3_big.jpg.jpg

I have no clue what is happening here.

I'm gonna guess way too new to get anything more than the 20 percent off or whatever they are already running. It's not even three weeks old.

That said, great game. Worth it even at full price. Lotta love slathered into that thing.

Yea I will buy it last day because you know what they say about waiting for a daily deal...

DrFurbs

Guys is there something wrong with Steam atm. Ive been trying desperately to get Farcry 3 but it wont accept my Paypal or my Visa card - saying "

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Im dying to get this game before the Flash sale ends.

HELP GAF! ! !

FINALBOSS

Banned
Guys is there something wrong with Steam atm. Ive been trying desperately to get Farcry 3 but it wont accept my Paypal or my Visa card - saying "

Thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Im dying to get this game before the Flash sale ends.

HELP GAF! ! !

Was happening to me too bud. I just kept trying and it eventually went through about 5 minutes ago..but it might have went down again :/

Sajjaja

Anyone have an issue with games that have a small title in the Steam window? For example, in my Steam library, Fez says "F.." instead of Fez in the detailed viewer. Same with Pid, which shows up like "P.."

Any solutions? I'm using pixelvision by the way.

Prophane33

Is the majority of gaf selling/trading cards? or actually crafting them? I'm just trying to complete one set so I can have a lvl 10 account then just selling the rest, i guess.

Mordeccai

Yeah, it definitely works... when I tried though I didn't get drops any faster, might've just gotten unlucky though.

When I did this the other day the drops were not quick, I'm gonna chalk three simultaneous drops up to extreme luck. No foil still though!

Confirmed. This is why I have 32GB in my PC... well, no, not really but it's a benefit.

Oh man, 32 gigs of memory. Livin the dream. My 8 gb is chugging along, at 50% using now while just using chrome.

Man, Chivalry is a strain though. Its causing 10% of my CPU max load and 1000 mb of memory, magnitudes of order higher than any other games I'm idling. And thats including Alan Wake and Walking Dead.

Katyusha

Gave Blood Dragon a spin earlier. I had a lot of fun with it despite being burned out on FPS games lately.

I would have played it more if my drivers hadn't crashed.

Crayons

Banned
Anyone have an issue with games that have a small title in the Steam window? For example, in my Steam library, Fez says "F.." instead of Fez in the detailed viewer. Same with Pid, which shows up like "P.."

Any solutions? I'm using pixelvision by the way.

Doesn't show up like that for me in Metro. Must be the skin?

The_Monk

HELP GAF! ! !

Keep trying fellow GAFfer, it's a normal thing when buying since the flow of people is intense right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom