• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomber

Need to uninstall some stuff, it seems.

LcbYvon.png

sddZcihl.png

Haha
:(

Jeez I'm glad my hard drive isn't that full

Though my SSD needs upgrading since I got one of those shitty 60 GB ones when I built my PC. Barely has any space left on it lol.

Mordeccai

Is this a recent change? I had 5 games windowed earlier today and all 5 of them gave me cards at once. I then did 2 more, and they were working, but my power went out. When I booted them back up they stopped giving cards. I will go open them full screen now.

I think so. A few days ago I was trying to do it with windowed games and getting card drops. I saw JaseC report that he was no longer getting drops while running multiple games and decided to give it a test myself.

Looks like the trick is to full screen it. If anybody wants to corroborate my results and try running several games windowed for about an hour, I think we might be able to come to a pretty accurate conclusion.

Thought I'd give something back-

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-E209ECCFB588F98C - Taken by ElFly
Just Cause 2 -- MB-76FAD1181737323B - Taken by Wake

Crayons

Banned
DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! Let me repeat that. DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! For one, the game, from start to finish is 15 minutes long and there is no replay value. All you do is sit at a table, alone, waiting for a date to show. The character talks to himself and what he says doesn't change no matter what you do. In fact you could choose to do nothing and the game will play out the same. I was hoping the game was more like Façade and less like watching a youtube video. Its Forever Alone, the game

But it's less than three quarters.

Man, the price of cards goes into free fall when a game's up for a deal. I don't get why people drop the price so badly when hundreds of cards are selling for much higher.

The_Monk

DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! Let me repeat that. DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! For one, the game, from start to finish is 15 minutes long and there is no replay value. All you do is sit at a table, alone, waiting for a date to show. The character talks to himself and what he says doesn't change no matter what you do. In fact you could choose to do nothing and the game will play out the same. I was hoping the game was more like Façade and less like watching a youtube video. Its Forever Alone, the game

Wait a minute... That's not a date. That's not a date at all!

DaBoss

Another Just Cause 2 giveaway, I hope I did it right.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-841496295CE4F939 - Taken by Demon Lizardman

Prezhulio

wow that's a hefty discount on chivalry, considering not even two weeks ago it was 66% with natural selection 2 (which hopefully gets 75% off too, my feeble steam brain needs below $7.50 to be a impulse purchase now). hopefully lots of new people playing
and yelling
tonight.

hlhbk

So is Steam checkout down for everyone? I get the following error when clicking continue to check out:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

You are just not sophisticated enough to understand the merit of a true example of artistry in the interactive medium that is Dinner Date.

Hakkuei

UPDATE ON IDLING FOR CARDS

Just got three cards from three different games, all at the same time, after about 15 minutes of idling them. They are alt tabbed and not windowed. Except for Don't Starve. That one is windowed. I also did not get a drop for that one, nor two others. We will see about those ones later.

So yes, it appears that you can idle multiple games and receive card drops for all of them.
Does it track the time of all the games or only the one you launch first?

sunnz

So is Steam checkout down for everyone? I get the following error when clicking continue to check out:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Paypal didn't work for me, I get tht error.

Adding my actual details allowed me to buy it, quite annoying though

FINALBOSS

Banned
I finally picked up X-Com and Blood Dragon. Good day so far.

I suck BIG ASS at games like X-Com. But god damn did I fucking love that game. I couldn't stop playing it. I'd go to bed and seriously lay there thinking about my soldiers and strategies for positioning. So, so good.

Just about to go and have my anniversary meal, here's some games to celebrate!
ENJOY.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tiny and Big in Grandpas Leftovers MB-02088F9D9DDFB263 - Taken by unknownstranger

Thomas Was Alone MB-099D51EEB4A5B92C - Taken by awwyeahgurrl

The Blinding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb MB-8C11FA667753285A - Taken by Dipper145

RoadDogg

Does it track the time of all the games or only the one you launch first?

Pretty sure it does them separate. When I was doing 5 at once they all came at once (I opened them quick). But when I did the last 2, they were giving cards spread apart by a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom