• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, im trying to sign in via the website but i have 2 step verification on and i dont see an option to put in the code that i get via email. Is there no way to log in via the web with 2 step verification?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
does modbot take awhile to respond to giving something away or maybe i fucked it up my message was
game - codeURL
isn't that right?

You didn't put register in the title of the PM message.

Edit: In the amount of time it took me to switch to ModBot's account, read the PMs, find yours, and switch back multiple people answered you :p

Plasmid

UPDATE ON IDLING FOR CARDS

Just got three cards from three different games, all at the same time, after about 15 minutes of idling them. They are alt tabbed and not windowed. Except for Don't Starve. That one is windowed. I also did not get a drop for that one, nor two others. We will see about those ones later.

So yes, it appears that you can idle multiple games and receive card drops for all of them.

I forgot to post earlier that i had Hotline Miami & Bastion running, i got all my bastion cards and have 1 left on hotline miami.

Gonna run FTL, and SR3 to get those last few, chivalry should be done soon.

Does anyone play Chivalry?
I'm terrible but i've been playing a little. I still don't get the level progression etc.

Hofmann

Well said fellow GAFfer Yondy604

Also, guys, guys, guys...

w1dVRZC.jpg

This is 75% OFF What's this and what's is going on I have no idea...Do I want it?

Basically, you invade a mind of a guy waiting for his date, listenig to his thoughts and doing all kind of activities you normally do in a situation like this - drinking one after another, smoking cigarettes and thinking of your life that's slipping through your fingers, etc.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What games on sale have the most female nudity. Actually guy nudity is okay too, as long as it's his actual butthole and not his dongle.

robbed

Neo Member
So, im trying to sign in via the website but i have 2 step verification on and i dont see an option to put in the code that i get via email. Is there no way to log in via the web with 2 step verification?

You'll get the option to put in the 2 step verification code after your enter your username and password.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I loved FTL and Binding of Isaac - any comparison to those?

Hm, those games have exactly THOSE roguelike features that Grimrock doesnt share. Grimrock isnt about replayability and will take you about 20-25 hours to play through(with additional user content in the steam workshop) but it doesnt have the "restart-replay-get better" hook. Its relying more on the close and very careful observation of each dungeon level, trying to find the secret rooms and secret items/scrolls to help you advancing in the game. Its one part RPG with stats, skills and equipment. I guess it also has some adventure elements in that regard, where you'll need to find out how to progress sometimes. Additionally it also has a big chunk of puzzle game mixed into it in which you need to find out how the dozens of traps in the dungeon can be used to your advantage or to progress through the dungeon. I felt the game evoked a very mysterious feeling due to its many, many hidden secrets and rooms that rewards you a lot for thorough exploration.

But yeah, hard to compare to anything if you didnt play classic roguelikes or dungeon crawlers. But still, for the current price, I'd say its worth finding out whether you might like the genre or not. You wouldnt be the first one to start liking a genre with which you didnt grow up. (If the description above doesnt sound completely boring to you. If it does, well.. then better skip it :p)

nexen

Thanks SephirothRK!
I've been holding off on RoboBlitz FOREVER because I always spend too much before the last day of the sale and feel too guilty to pull the trigger on it.
SWEET.

because I love FTL so very much and I want everyone to play it - enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-739F859DD843E35C - Taken by Stimpack

Anyone have an issue with games that have a small title in the Steam window? For example, in my Steam library, Fez says "F.." instead of Fez in the detailed viewer. Same with Pid, which shows up like "P.."

Any solutions? I'm using pixelvision by the way.

What version of pixelvision? Beta? I have 1.9.6 (non-beta Steam) and don't have that issue. But I think all my really short titles are non-Steam games so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

It's getting kind of annoying that FC3 has been $20 on consoles DD but not on Steam yet.

If you're up for braving steamtrades you can get a uplay code for next to nothing. Actually it's probably more like $10 or something, I know you can get dragon thing for $3.

Mordeccai

UPDATE ON IDLING FOR CARDS

Just got three cards from three different games, all at the same time, after about 15 minutes of idling them. They are alt tabbed and not windowed. Except for Don't Starve. That one is windowed. I also did not get a drop for that one, nor two others. We will see about those ones later.

So yes, it appears that you can idle multiple games and receive card drops for all of them.

UPDATE 2

I have now received cards for all games EXCEPT for Don't Starve which is still windowed. Going to give it 15 more minutes, then close it and reopen it in full screen and see if anything changes.

Silky

Banned
I don't know if I've done this right

You did, and thank you for Bioshock, good sir!

Okay, that's three games. I think that's enough for me. This goes until the 22nd, right? That's right by payday, which means I can do some solids for you guys. :D

RoadDogg

UPDATE 2

I have now received cards for all games EXCEPT for Don't Starve which is still windowed. Going to give it 15 more minutes, then close it and reopen it in full screen and see if anything changes.

Is this a recent change? I had 5 games windowed earlier today and all 5 of them gave me cards at once. I then did 2 more, and they were working, but my power went out. When I booted them back up they stopped giving cards. I will go open them full screen now.

Is the majority of gaf selling/trading cards? or actually crafting them? I'm just trying to complete one set so I can have a lvl 10 account then just selling the rest, i guess.

I was just selling until but then Bastion got cards and I felt compeled to at least craft a level 1 badge. I'm probably going to do the same thing for FTL.

Well said fellow GAFfer Yondy604

Also, guys, guys, guys...

w1dVRZC.jpg

This is 75% OFF What's this and what's is going on I have no idea...Do I want it?

DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! Let me repeat that. DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! For one, the game, from start to finish is 15 minutes long and there is no replay value. All you do is sit at a table, alone, waiting for a date to show. The character talks to himself and what he says doesn't change no matter what you do. In fact you could choose to do nothing and the game will play out the same. I was hoping the game was more like Façade and less like watching a youtube video. Its Forever Alone, the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom