• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

Let me know if this isn't the right thread for it.

I have an extra Prison Architect summer card, looking for anyone with extra Kerbal, Skyrim, Torchlight, Chivalry, Dead Island, or Football Manager.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel sad when I see many people buying Blood Dragon, knowing that my PC can barely run it on min graphics. I really want to play it, and I loved the first half hour or so, but it's hard to appreciate it when it has such a bad performance (because of my old PC, that is).

Is there any chance that a good rig will go on sale for 75% off or more? :(

qazqaNii

Chivalry is awesome, instead of guns you fight with melee, which can take time to kill your enemy since both of you can defend, I bought it some week ago and it have been a blast, FFA is probably the most fun in a big server the giant clusterf*ck is awesome.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have an issue with games that have a small title in the Steam window? For example, in my Steam library, Fez says "F.." instead of Fez in the detailed viewer. Same with Pid, which shows up like "P.."

Any solutions? I'm using pixelvision by the way.
Yes, I have the same problem. And I don't know how to fix it either. So annoying.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I'd love to buy Chivalry but it's a bit over my limit, sorry. Do you still love me?

Also the market is acting kaput again

Salsa

Fastest way to explain this:

Yesterday's rules:
All users:
- Limit one key per hour
- If you have won more than 15 keys in the last week, limit one key per day.

Per-giveaway, giver has option to add the rule (all of these will appear as rules text if they are the case):
- No previous winners period
- No winners within the last week
- No lurkers
- Manual blacklist
- Community blacklist

Today's rules:
All users:
- Limit one key per 30 minutes
- If you have won more than 15 keys in the last week, limit one key per 12 hours.
- If you have won more than 17 keys in the last week, limit one key per 72 hours

Per-giveaway, giver has option to add the rule (all of these will appear as rules text if they are the case):
- No previous winners period
- No winners within the last week
- No lurkers
- Manual blacklist
- Community blacklist

i'd put this in the OP if someone read it

Mordeccai

Can someone explain to me the appeal of Chivalry. I'm on the fence for buying it

You get your friends to buy it. Or recruit some gaffers.

You are dropped on a big multiplayer battle field.

You wield your mightly Zweilhander, swing it furiously back and forth, and lob off the heads of thine enemies. All the while, spamming your war cry and causing carnage.

Limbs get hacked off, team mates may be killed if you swing uncautiously, epic one on one duels can be had, and you can gank kills galore.

Get it if you enjoy dismembering your friends and love to shout battle cries. The game has thrown me into a bloodlustful rage many times.

Dat feel when you get a hold of the controls and go on a massive 10-20 kill streak, leaving the heads and limbs of thine enemies on the battlefield...

mileS

Whats Wanderlust rebirth like? it looks mostly focused on multilayer? I don't really have people to play with so is there matchmaking or is there ANY kind of fun to be had solo?

Chivalry is awesome, instead of guns you fight with melee, which can take time to kill your enemy since both of you can defend, I bought it some week ago and it have been a blast, FFA is probably the most fun in a big server the giant clusterf*ck is awesome.

Turn body ragdoll length up to max for a match, makes it look like an actual battle.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You didn't put register in the title of the PM message.

Edit: In the amount of time it took me to switch to ModBot's account, read the PMs, find yours, and switch back multiple people answered you :p
Opera with private tabs, my man. That's exactly what you need.

mclem

Quick question: If I were to buy a title currently on sale for later feeding to Modbot, would people prefer it if I sent it to Modbot *while the sale was still on* (allowing people to get the freebie rather than making the purchase) or instead wait until some point after the sale has concluded (allowing people who missed it a chance to catch up)?

Petrie

Banned
Whats Wanderlust rebirth like? it looks mostly focused on multilayer? I don't really have people to play with so is there matchmaking or is there ANY kind of fun to be had solo?

I'll be buying this by sales end. Looks too fun to avoid, hoping the SP is good as well.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 Deluxe -- MB-AEF7BEE15035C777 - Taken by Natty1

have fun

Decado

Is Blood Dragon worth picking up now with the 55% discount?

I've got quite the backlog and feel tempted to wait awhile and get it further down the road with a larger discount.

Not sure, I can't remember if daily deal prices are lower than flash deal prices...

You're awesome, GAF. Let me treat you to my favorite game.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-7714F86765D489D6 - Taken by JoduanER2

Maybe this will get one of those scoundrels who say they would only buy the game in a Humble Bundle an actual paid-for copy.. grumble grumble

I never understood what the ragdoll does, maybe I should try it.

It just makes the bodies stay longer, ie they don't disappear. So they and their gore litter the battlefield!

51C7A1CDDF53E2DADDCE2D5E7B45B3B545C66664

At max after a few minutes.

graywolf323

trying to keep this from getting lost with the thread moving so fast

Chivalry 4-pack
1. graywolf323
2. Demon Lizardman
3. insert your name here
4. insert your name here

chugen

that game is great, i need to share it with someone! =)

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hotline Miami -- MB-11E117E1DCDECAC4 - Taken by avcables

enjoy!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! Let me repeat that. DO NOT BUY DINNER DATE! For one, the game, from start to finish is 15 minutes long and there is no replay value. All you do is sit at a table, alone, waiting for a date to show. The character talks to himself and what he says doesn't change no matter what you do. In fact you could choose to do nothing and the game will play out the same. I was hoping the game was more like Façade and less like watching a youtube video. Its Forever Alone, the game
Clearly, these guys are going to get a lawsuit coming their way. I don't remember ever giving my consent for my life to be made into a video game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Geneforge Saga -- MB-8D4D928A3A0C7B4D - Taken by Shadowplay1979

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom