• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just want to say (even if other users already did) that the sense of community and the generosity in this thread are just stunning.

Yea its a symbol of how people can actually be good on the internet. Though there will always be people taking advantage stuff like this look at javadots.

Mordeccai

It's more far cry 3 with an 80s lick of paint. Which would be awesome if Far Cry 3 hadn't already overstayed its welcome. Great soundtrack though.

Far Cry 3 that controls 10x better, has chain take downs, mother fuckin shuriken throws, mutated animals, and a pretty funny story. The last hour of that game is probably the best ending to any video game I've played in the past year. True story.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
To go philfishing for Fez or not? Any performance/annoying issues with it?

If I hadn't already bought it on the 360 and NEVER PLAYED IT PAST THE 10 MINUTE MARK, I would get it at 50% on the PC.

Since I'm not playing it anytime soon and I already have the damn game, I'll wait for the 75% mark. Or at least 66%.

Rafy

Aaaaaaw crap, credit card on hold and it's friday night...
I wanted FEZ...
I know this isn't the trading thread, but I can trade a Don't starve key with TF2 hats for it. (That I was supposed to give my girlfriend, but i'll buy her a new one when I get my creditcard working again)

Megasoum

Banned
Far Cry 3 that controls 10x better, has chain take downs, mother fuckin shuriken throws, mutated animals, and a pretty funny story. The last hour of that game is probably the best ending to any video game I've played in the past year. True story.

Huh Blood dragons controls exactly like FC3. And you had chained takedown in FC3 too.

Is the Just Cause 2 DLC worth it? I know it seems silly to fret over $1.73, but that's over 50% the cost of the base game!

IIRC it's just some vehicles and weapons you have to buy in the ingame shop. They are crazy expensive though, so you won't be using them much even if you want to.

I wanted FEZ...
I know this isn't the trading thread, but I can trade a Don't starve key with TF2 hats for it. (That I was supposed to give my girlfriend, but i'll buy her a new one when I get my creditcard working again)

I'll trade a Fez gift for a Don't Starve key, if you want

Grief.exe

If I hadn't already bought it on the 360 and NEVER PLAYED IT PAST THE 10 MINUTE MARK, I would get it at 50% on the PC.

Since I'm not playing it anytime soon and I already have the damn game, I'll wait for the 75% mark. Or at least 66%.

Buying games on 360. What are you, high?

just kidding I know it was an exclusive there for a while

This has been languishing in my inventory for a while now, it was originally bought for a friend's daughter but he never let her install Steam, so it might as well go to someone who can use it-

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Plants vs Zombies -- MB-2CFBE6DA9511B91B - Taken by MonkeyDot

FINALBOSS

Banned
I wanted FEZ...

I'd do that. Wanna play Don't Starve.

Ah other dude said he would, no worries.

No offence, but you guys are getting carried away.

Usually GMG has far superior prices on steam games if you are just willing to wait and pick them up here and there. Granted, I've bought a good amount of games on steam in the last year.

You will seriously never get through your backlog. I would recommend only buying games at 75% off that are already $10 or less. These games will likely never go down in price. Don't drop lots of money on relatively new games if you have a backlog. They will drop fast and also there is a good chance GMG will have a sale on them with better coupons.

As far as wishlists go, here is mine (mortal combat I'll get far into the future, most likely):
92TafFS.jpg

AndyLonn

Bought FarCry 3, and the Darksiders games. Loved Darksiders on Xbox 360, so now I'm going to play both on PC. FarCry 3 looks amazing

Acorn

Happens every year guys, they notice a lot of small purchases from steam from everybody and globally block it in places, just call your bank and/or use steam wallet for summer sales.

Yep, I just put money in my steam wallet so it doesn't show up as loads of little purchases.

I had some issues setting up a gift giveaway through Modbot so I'll just do this the old fashioned way

I have a gift copy of Cargo Commander in my inventory. Is anyone interested?

Salsa

No offence, but you guys are getting carried away.

Usually GMG has far superior prices on steam games if you are just willing to wait and pick them up here and there. Granted, I've bought a good amount of games on steam in the last year.

You will seriously never get through your backlog. I would recommend only buying games at 75% off that are already $10 or less. These games will likely never go down in price. Don't drop lots of money on relatively new games if you have a backlog. They will drop fast and also there is a good chance GMG will have a sale on them with better coupons.

look at this guy

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom