• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-0216D50ACD913E50 - Taken by usea
:D

Munin

So the Far Cry pack...

Price of individual games: 29,71€
Bundle cost: 37,48€

And yet the pack as a whole...it's in the Top Sellers. I mean...are people that careless?

Copons

I don't hate Phil Fish (in fact I quite appreciate him trolling around) but I have to say, I'm the only one who found FEZ completely overrated (except for its aesthetics and concept, that are truly remarkable)?

Salsa

I'm the only one who found FEZ completely overrated (except for its aesthetics and concept, that are truly remarkable)?

I dont understand this

the concept and aesthetics are the reason why it's great. the gameplay is serviceable to those ends

game is brilliant

Copons

Kind of a space roguelike. It might look intimidating if you're not a "space sim guy" but its really nothing like that. Easy to get into hard to master.

I think it's intimidating because if you look at videos and screens you can't understand anything of what's going on in the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got all of the profile backgrounds put into Enhanced Steam for the following games:

• Chivalry
  • Bastion
  • Skyrim
  • Surgeon Simulator 2013
  • The Walking Dead
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Football Manager 2013
  • Civilization V
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Steam Getaway Sale (2013)

Enjoy!

It's a management sim. You manage an understaffed, underpowered space ship on the run from an overpowered fleet trying to kill you.

this is an apt description.

"rogue-like" is not. You don't get to keep your progress or anything, your ship has permadeath and all you get is more ships to choose to fly into (almost) certain death.

People are really bad at selling FTL sometimes. But at the same time, a game with so much hype does not require much effort to research properly.

Fireblend

Banned
Any reason I shouldn't pull the trigger on this?

wU0JE5x.png

I couldn't hold myself back anymore and picked up XCOM. I really really hope this game is going to be good because now I only have $30 left for the whole steam sale.

I'm gonna make sure that the next games I get are $7 or less now because I can't afford anymore $10 games. I still have hopes that Call of Juarez is gonna drop a little more in price so I'm still holding out on that and Dead island Riptide.

It's been a pretty good sale for me so far.

EDIT: Now I'm starting to get the paying problem others was having trying to purchase it. Steam why u no take my money!?

TheContact

I couldn't hold myself back anymore and picked up XCOM. I really really hope this game is going to be good because now I only have $30 left for the whole steam sale.

I'm gonna make sure that the next games I get are $7 or less now because I can't afford anymore $10 games. I still have hopes that Call of Juarez is gonna drop a little more in price so I'm still holding out on that and Dead island Riptide.

It's been a pretty good sale for me so far.

Xcom is best turn based strategy game out there this gen

Mordeccai

Is Chivalry k & b only, or can you use a controller?

Gamepad is supported.... but I tried it and much, much preferred KB/M. A certain level of precision is needed with aiming and blocking, especially once you get into stabbing people and smashing them from overhead instead of doing the side ways sweeps.

Munin

Wish Steam would implement a mechanic by which you would actually have to play a game to get cards. Now playtimes will get artificially inflated because of this. I'm sure devs will love it for their stats. Not.

Let's give this a shot:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-41A67A95379C7B1B - Taken by friedeggs

If anyone wants to add me on steam I can always be doing with more people to VS.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MrDelabee

I have a few more games to give away too. Modbot FTW!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dear Esther -- MB-02F6BE21CE4852B5 - Taken by delirium
Cave Story Plus -- MB-F533E91D5AFD7022 - Taken by SolidSnakesMyStepDad
Proteus -- MB-CA3CE7ABC415B188 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo

wetflame

Pizza Dog
this is an apt description.

"rogue-like" is not. You don't get to keep your progress or anything, your ship has permadeath and all you get is more ships to choose to fly into (almost) certain death.
I'm pretty sure that permadeath is a major part of roguelikes, but yeah the description they gave is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom