• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap. Seeing those prices above reminds me that I should aks US GAF to gift me what I want to buy instead of buying it at 1:1 Euro conversion.

for reference: 10 dollar is 7,65 euro. So it's easily -25% for us if gifted. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure that permadeath is a major part of roguelikes, but yeah the description they gave is a good one.

yeah, but so do other games that don't fit that label, so it alone can't be enough, imo. Dead Rising (1, 2, OTR) would be a good fit though.

speaking of which: hoping OTR will show up at some point.

Caerith

Got all of the profile backgrounds put into Enhanced Steam for the following games:

• Stuff, etc

Enjoy!
Mr Shackles, since a lot of profiles now are already going to have backgrounds, such as my friendly horse lady who loves America's past-time, could you expand custom backgrounds to the community/friend activity page? I know it would be client-only, but still.

R3TRODYCE

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-70E7758E4CE023A4 - Taken by eyeless

Apple Juice and Animal Crackers.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is steam... working for everyone? I can't buy things, can't gift things, etc. I think this started when I tried to send a gift and it didn't go through. Could that pending gift that errored out be tying up my account or something?

Sykotik

Regarding multiple games being open and getting cards, it does work, but only to a point. (for me)

I've had 15 or so games open for about an hour or so, but I'm only getting cards for maybe 6 of the games, total.

I got cards for Hotline Miami, Skyrim, Saint's Row, Borderlands 2, Magicka and The Binding of Isaac.

I haven't gotten a single card for Scribblenauts, Serious Sam 3, Gratuitous Space Battles, They Bleed Pixels, Dungeons of Dredmor, Really Big Sky or Super Meat Boy.

As I was typing this, Bastion was under the "didn't get" category, but I just got a card for that, after I closed some of the other ones.

In my case, it only seems to be tracking 4-6 games at a time.

Copons

I dont understand this

the concept and aesthetics are the reason why it's great. the gameplay is serviceable to those ends

game is brilliant

First time I launched it I was mindblown. It was (and is) extremely beautiful and rotating the world gives a feeling... like when I was 3 and I got NES for Christmas... you know, the first time you play Super Mario Bros, same kind of wonder.

But then, after a couple of hours (IMHO of course) the game loses any kind of focus and let the player stranded in bazillions of levels full of meaninglessly cryptic puzzles.
Like, the simple fact he CAN put a puzzle in the game is enough to put it in, regardless of it's usefulness for the game itself.

Actually, it's kind of a good display of Fish presumptuousness (WTF this is like the hardest word in English vocabulary).

(Also: the OST is really good, but as good as almost any other indie game these days...)

Is steam... working for everyone? I can't buy things, can't gift things, etc. I think this started when I tried to send a gift and it didn't go through. Could that pending gift that errored out be tying up my account or something?
Yes. Happened to me just now. Log out and log back in.

Almighty

Since I won one I figure I should also give. I hope you enjoy one of my favorite games.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-BB7CFBFCDF690B13 - Taken by tylerf

I hope I did that right.

Crayons

Banned
l9PsgyV.png

Wow this is like putting on eyeglasses for the first time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mr Shackles, since a lot of profiles now are already going to have backgrounds, such as my friendly horse lady who loves America's past-time, could you expand custom backgrounds to the community/friend activity page? I know it would be client-only, but still.

I'll look into it. ;)

Salsa

First time I launched it I was mindblown. It was (and is) extremely beautiful and rotating the world gives a feeling... like when I was 3 and I got NES for Christmas... you know, the first time you play Super Mario Bros, same kind of wonder.

But then, after a couple of hours (IMHO of course) the game loses any kind of focus and let the player stranded in bazillions of levels full of meaninglessly cryptic puzzles.
Like, the simple fact he CAN put a puzzle in the game is enough to put it in, regardless of it's usefulness for the game itself.

Actually, it's kind of a good display of Fish presumptuousness (WTF this is like the hardest word in English vocabulary).

(Also: the OST is really good, but as good as almost any other indie game these days...)

I can see how it can be a bit overwhelming at points but it's worth sticking with. You get your bearings easily enough, and once you get 1 layer deep in what the game truly is you're hooked.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anybody needing someone to join for a Chivalry 4 pack? PM me and let me know if you have a spot open. Or I can just buy a key from someone that has copies. It comes out to like $4.70 or something right?

Oh man you're in for a treat, shatter is one of the greatest arcade game experiences I've ever had. Total Immersion of a great breakout style game and an amazing soundtrack. Crank it up.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
:( I want to buy Chivalry, but I don't know if it'll run well on my computer.

Oh well, maybe I'll get something else. Antichamber looks like a lot of fun. Surgeon Simulator, too, but I don't know if they have any replay value.

xDEKOIx

Blah I keep missing the Fez giveaways lol.
Anyone have an extra copy of FEZ to trade? I have a few indie games to offer. Pm me! :]

Copons

I can see how it can be a bit overwhelming at points but it's worth sticking with. You get your bearings easily enough, and once you get 1 layer deep in what the game truly is you're hooked.

I really hoped so, and I've played for 4+ hours (for an indie should be more than enough), but nothing. No spark was given.

JDHarbs

:( I want to buy Chivalry, but I don't know if it'll run well on my computer.

Oh well, maybe I'll get something else. Antichamber looks like a lot of fun. Surgeon Simulator, too, but I don't know if they have any replay value.
Chivalry ran okay on my laptop. If that can run it then your's probably should.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Question: are these NVidia coupons I have worthless? They're the $75 Free-To-Play gaming ones. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom