• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

I've got 4 games running right now that use cards. going to see if it's still working because i honestly feel it isn't. I had FTL and Surgeon simulator open for about 35-40 minutes with no cards.

chronomac

Yeah, opened them one by one and set them all to the lowest rez and settings.

Even then, it was getting hairy. Stuff starts crashing.

Haha. You don't say? I don't think the developers thought about card idlers when they were working on the game. "Man, we need to have a crap version of our game so you can open with other stuff. Get on it!"

def sim

Alright

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cart Life -- MB-D14061A123C8F5FE - Taken by koolaroo

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Cards have definitely dropped to the point where it ain't worth sellin' em no more. Time to start collectin'.

feel

My wallet appreciates the release of Dota 2 (with the proper tutorial), I've been playing it (just the tutorial so far , never played anything like this) and I'm starting to get hooked into it and all I can think of is playing it all the time to check out the heroes, their powers or the pretty visuals, and pretty much learning how to play a little more bit by bit, so I don't feel like hanging around the steam store impulse buying shit I won't play for a long time.

Trine 2 and The Cave make my GPU scream but no other game does, swutTheFoe is up with that.
Maybe you need to lock the framerate with vsync to stop your gpu from rendering frames you can't see anyways.

I would never put my videocard through that. Trading cards aint going to pay for a new pc bro.

Yeah well you know what.......you're a big meanie with a lame video card!

In any case I think I'll be fine, have CoH, Saints Row 3, and several other games open and I'm only using 3GBs of ram, and video card is at 45 degreesC

SuperHans

Very OT But just spotted this in the pub.

V8g6Tto.jpg

JC's favourite girl is around my town this weekend.

Cards are the worst thing to happen to Steam ever.
I'm not a fan of how they're implemented; if they were regular level 1 badges across the board I'd be more inclined to actually get involved. But with this two tier regular and foil system, along with regular badges going up to level 5, meh. I lose all interest.

moggio

Banned
My wallet appreciates the release of Dota 2 (with the proper tutorial), I've been playing it (just the tutorial so far , never played anything like this) and I'm starting to get hooked into it and all I can think of is playing it all the time to check out the heroes, their powers or the pretty visuals, and pretty much learning how to play a little more bit by bit, so I don't feel like hanging around the steam store impulse buying shit I won't play for a long time.

You say that but there'll be a sale on DotA items soon and you'll spend all your money on those instead.

chronomac

Cards are great because they're funding more game purchases. I'm buying Fez when I get home just from card sales in the last week. That's awesome.

bengraven

It's a great game Ben. I bought it for $10 back when it came out and it was well worth every penny. It can be addicting though, so be forewarned.

Oh, and the obligatory:

ylW2S.jpg

TIL about remote installation. My Steam is open at home, but I'm at work.

FTL will be waiting to kill me when I walk in my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom