• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the cards that drop, that you turn into badges, can be sold on Steam?

When you sell a card how much do they typically go for? I assume you get paid in Steam credit?

JDHarbs

Ah, I also have a Toshiba Satellite. I have a AMD Athlon II P320 and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200. Not sure if yours is more powerful.
I might have a better processor, but you probably have the better graphics card. I ran Chivalry on lowest settings but full resolution and it worked just fine for me. I'm sure your PC can do the same.

neoism

7Sr.png

el-meme-mother-of-god-animado%5B2%5D.gif

mojo2

Neo Member
You're just jealous of all my badges and my rad Hotline Miami background.

I thought about buying cards for Hotline Miami background but the backgrounds are few cents and cards go for little less than euro.

E: Okay, you can get some emoticons and shit but.. No.

Copons

So the cards that drop, that you turn into badges, can be sold on Steam?

When you sell a card how much do they typically go for? I assume you get paid in Steam credit?

If you craft a badge it will delete your cards, so if you want to sell them, better avoid crafting.

Normal ones go around 20-25 eurocents.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-754B94BF7D9020B0 - Taken by Plasmid
deadlight -- MB-11A0F04DFEBF0FCB - Taken by ashecitism

and ye shallt receive

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Come on Gabe:

Max Payne 3, $5 or bust.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-3043C9CE898D2AD2 - Taken by liezryou

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I might have a better processor, but you probably have the better graphics card. I ran Chivalry on lowest settings but full resolution and it worked just fine for me. I'm sure your PC can do the same.

Hmm, I'll think about getting it, then. Anyone have a 4-pack I could join?

maty

I'm not a fan of how they're implemented; if they were regular level 1 badges across the board I'd be more inclined to actually get involved. But with this two tier regular and foil system, along with regular badges going up to level 5, meh. I lose all interest.

I agree with you. There should have been only 1 level per badge until a series 2 of cards appear. I crafted several badges myself. But still made enough money to fund several game purchases.

I would have prefer the adding new achievements event, at least they were fun to do.

I thought about buying cards for Hotline Miami background but the backgrounds are few cents and cards go for little less than euro.

E: Okay, you can get some emoticons and shit but.. No.

Yeah, it's really not worth buying cards. I just trade them around until I get the ones I want. Have made about 30 dollars I've spent on games while still earning around 13 badges. It's just a bit of fun for me.

-MD-

Cool...I have no interest in personalizing my profile, so should I just sell every card that I get? Because isn't that all badges can do; let you personalize your profile?

When you combined all the cards in a set you get 1 badge, 1 wallpaper, 1 emoticon so if that doesn't interest you then yeah unload those cards on the market for some free money.

Not only that but if you find a background you like they're typically like 5 cents.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
haha, if they are the vouchers I'm thinking of you can probably sell them to the people who play those f2p games or just give em away. I play hawken and see a lot of people give out on their official forums.

Cool thanks. I've got so many of them I'm almost considering playing these games - nothing like having a $200 head start.

liezryou

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-3043C9CE898D2AD2 - Taken by liezryou

Thanks anonymous benefactor!

bengraven

This exists? Now I regret not leaving my computer on!!

I just learned about it now, when I bought FTL. haha

I wonder what my wife will think of it popping up to download. She already suspects something is going on during Steam, because of someone PMing her (he thought it was me on Steam at the time) about a giveaway yesterday. :p

kuYuri

I am locked out of selling on community marketplace for a whole week after adding funds to my wallet from my Paypal. Guess I should try contacting Steam support?

Caerith

Cool thanks. I've got so many of them I'm almost considering playing these games - nothing like having a $200 head start.

A $200 headstart in a f2p game is laughable. I've seen people buy $1800 worth of in-game currency and lament that it wouldn't last the weekend.

bengraven

I'm still lost on the cards thing and I think I may have just sold a card I shouldn't have, but I was playing around.

Cards, badges, I'll figure this shit out after the sale is over.

MikeDown

Banned
Not sure if I mentioned this, but I had a dream last night and Gaben came to me, he was riding on a scooter and he showed me a list. And he said that he'll make HL3 after he gets some stuff done, he pointed to the list, the top line read "stuff to do" and the second line read "half life 3". And I was like "yup Mkay" then he turned around and drove into a train tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom