• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got BLOPS2 for $25.50 on Amazon. Not sure if I'm happy that I got it for the cheapest it'll be for at least a decade or dirty for buying it at all.

Ryan_

For good measure:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-AE37EA45E86C6271
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-D7529EA18DA9F242
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-CAE813B77DB0F04A - Taken by Silky

dreamfall

A year since I became a PC gamer- I don't think I paced this right!

Most of the things I wanted, I bought on sale and now I'm having more fun voting for sales, than actually buying stuff. The card phenomenon is also a little difficult to understand, and crafting the badge seems so different from last year.

Pretty sure i'm getting no card drops while having multiple games idling. Got the first set of cards then nothing after hours.

I'm not sure yet, just got four cards at once after about 15 minutes for different games but I'm running 7 and it was the first batch. We shall see.

So, who is going to be the hero who gives away Blops 2?

Finally beat Metro 2033 so now I can play Metro LL. Had to do the ending twice: the first time
Artyom decided to just run and jump off the goddamn tower.
, then the second time finally
Artyom launched le' missiles

I bought OpFor Dragon Rising. I might regret it a little bit, but it was only $3.74. Little game that is a bit fun, but it'll be more fun with other people. Running and sprinting doesn't quite feel like running and sprinting... feels like slow jogging and fast jogging... really odd pacing.
M%C3%A9lanie-Laurent-Is-Awkward-In-Inglorious-Basterds-Reaction-Gif.gif

Anyone play it? :(

I'm still lost on the cards thing and I think I may have just sold a card I shouldn't have, but I was playing around.

Cards, badges, I'll figure this shit out after the sale is over.

you get for free while playing: cards. (half a set)
a set of them can be crafted into a badge.

cards can be sold from the inventory. (sell button)

that's pretty much it.

And money to valve. valve wins in the end.

e-peen for those that want cards
free games for those that don't care

Ever been at an official Magic The Gathering tournament?
Well, Steam cards give you the same amount of raditude!

Alright, thanks.

I can't sell my cards anyway since bought stuff with Paypal for the first time and now it won't let me access the market.

Also 'business' is such a stupid word, I don't know how you English-speaking people put up with that shit.

This whole badge thing makes me want to replay some of my games just to pick up cards to sell. I really hate that most of the games I've already beaten have cards now, but I don't mind playing them over if I get some cards.

I only got 2 cards from buying from the steam sale, but I'll try to get some from some games.

Novacain

There's no way XCOM shows up as a Daily Deal with an even lower price, right? I feel like they've done that before but I can't recall.

Generally speaking the daily/flash sale will be the lowest it will go, one does not outdo the other. I can't remember that ever happening, unless it was a pricing error that was fixed later on.

I sure hope my bank isn't going to flag this endless stream of paypal purchases :p

Now I got Cave Story+ and FTL in my cart. I'm thinking about getting XCOM and Fez now.... Looks like XCOM is a Gaf favorite? I'm not big into the future-military-aliens motif but I love a turn-based strategy game. Any other recommendations for that genre?

And I just bought Cubeworld... I'm going to be busy this weekend!

kennah

I sure hope my bank isn't going to flag this endless stream of paypal purchases :p

Now I got Cave Story+ and FTL in my cart. I'm thinking about getting XCOM and Fez now.... Looks like XCOM is a Gaf favorite? I'm not big into the future-military-aliens motif but I love a turn-based strategy game. Any other recommendations for that genre?

And I just bought Cubeworld... I'm going to be busy this weekend!

Pretty great for turn based strategy even if you don't like future setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom