• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
This is so frustrating, my steam everything is completely broken. All I want to do is trade or buy a game, why is this so hard? Logging in and out isn't working, I can't even use funds in my steam account?

bengraven

you get for free while playing: cards. (half a set)
a set of them can be crafted into a badge.

cards can be sold from the inventory. (sell button)

that's pretty much it.

how do you get the OTHER half though? I was looking through and saw I had 3 BLands2 cards, but it said something like "no more card available" though I'm obviously looking at the other three that are greyed out.

Was his PM harassment of Monk-san the reason for his banning? In any case good riddance, couldn't believe how rude and ungrateful he was being. Then again he seemed quite young.

Edit: Pay ten dollars for X-Com you cheap bastards.

I couldn't tell you precisely as I'm not a Mod and haven't asked about it but I think that's a pretty fair assumption, yes.

Elaborate?

It was revealed that he was sending abusive PMs to various GAFers. He was banned and so given he was a Junior it is presumably a perma ban.

This happened early afternoon IIRC if you wish to check back in the thread.

Okay?

works for me

Thought it might :).

EDIT - A GAFer just asked me via PM when this was so after a quick look in my own post history I can suggest you have a look at post number 11004 on page 221 [at 50 posts per page] he enters the thread very shortly after then and you can follow it from there. If you wish to do so of course :).

bigace33

Man, I have no idea what's going on with this card thing.

Same here, but somehow they are tied to me earning my summer sale badge so I must have them. Right now I have 3 out of the ten needed for the badge and would be willing to buy a $9.99 game for the right person to shower me with at least 5 of the needed cards.

MrBurns.gif

Caerith

He was sending rude PMs to people.

Someone posted said PM in thread.

Said dick was said banned.
I don't want this thread to devolve into more talk about jawas and sand people, but could you link me to this harassment? (Of Monk? Monk, who is like a saint?)

rockx4

how do you get the OTHER half though? I was looking through and saw I had 3 BLands2 cards, but it said something like "no more card available" though I'm obviously looking at the other three that are greyed out.

You buy them on the market or trade with people.

Omega

Banned
trying to juggle between this thread, Deus Ex HR and Evo is exhausting.

gotta make sure i dont miss out on any 1 cent games again

Same here, but somehow they are tied to me earning my summer sale badge so I must have them. Right now I have 3 out of the ten needed for the badge and would be willing to buy a $9.99 game for the right person to shower me with at least 5 of the needed cards.

MrBurns.gif
Just buy them from the market. They're around $.50 each.

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.

FUUUUCK. I've been trying to buy XCOM DLC for the past half hour with no success. C'mon Steam, get your shit in order... :(

bootski

There's no way XCOM shows up as a Daily Deal with an even lower price, right? I feel like they've done that before but I can't recall.

i would have said no, but i could swear FTL was 4.99 in the flash deal yesterday and today is 2.49 in the daily deal. someone correct me.

edit: just looked again. i was wrong, it may have been 4.99 yesterday but it wasn't a flash deal. my bad.

Tenrius

I
It was revealed that he was sending abusive PMs to various GAFers. He was banned and so given he was a Junior it is presumably a perma ban.

This happened early afternoon IIRC if you wish to check back in the thread.

Okay?

Yeah, okay. His posting style in the last Steam thread did seem quite offensive, so he had it coming.

In the meantime, I can't quite keep up with how fast they add new cards. A lot of them are for rather sizeable games, too.

Everyone probably has this by now, but here goes

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-E175D750CC782C9D - Taken by Novacain

Sysgen

Yeah, okay. His posting style in the last Steam thread did seem quite offensive, so he had it coming.

In the meantime, I can't quite keep up with how fast they add new cards. A lot of them are for rather sizeable games, too.

That's OK you do not need to play them.

Trading.

with people.

(aka: MAGIC! AND UNICORNS!)

Or you could just buy them on the market, since plenty of people are selling theirs.
Also: Foils are 'special' trading cards and also give a different badge, apparently.

You can also randomly get a Booster Pack containing three more cards after you've gained all your card drops for that particular game though.

Mordeccai

Bioshock infinite. KB/M or 360 controller? My current set up makes it a bit awkward to play games with the kb/m but if it controls much better I'll deal with it.

vermadas

Alright GAF you win.

I bought FTL despite not liking strategy games.
I bought Blood Dragon despite not enjoying many shooters recently.

...and I also bought Runner2.

None of these were on my wishlist to start the sale. Definitely going to go over budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom