• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bioshock infinite. KB/M or 360 controller? My current set up makes it a bit awkward to play games with the kb/m but if it controls much better I'll deal with it.

I played it with mouse and keyboard, always nice to have the added precision but I played it on the controller at my cousin's house and it was perfectly fine.

Anybody know if Iron Brigade has controller support?

Bioshock infinite. KB/M or 360 controller? My current set up makes it a bit awkward to play games with the kb/m but if it controls much better I'll deal with it.
No problems here with the controller. Its really a matter of preference.

It's ingenious lol. Getting people to buy some of these summer sale games for cards, then getting them to buy\sell the virtual trading cards... and it's working, fucken crazy.

Even though I see what they're doing it still works on me.

I was planning on only buying Runner 2 if it got to $6. But then I thought, maybe I can sell the cards to make up most of the difference... and I just sold a booster pack for $1.80... *click*. Bought.

Darklord

Banned
Steam sales can really suck arse sometimes for Australians. I wanted to find a co-op game for me and my friends. I was thinking of trying trying LotR: War of the North. Can't be too expensive, right? It's $15 at retail stores after all without any sale. Search it...$36 and that's WITH 50% off! And even worse? $9 on the US store. That sucks.

TheD

The Detective
So I just tried to buy something on steam but
"Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company."
Funny.... I am using paypal!
If you are going to have a site that falls over under heavy load at least make the error's correct!

Copons

Third repost.
I'm totally gonna get rid of this stuff.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-CB6A25170D0892F4 - Nullified by Copons, gonna give it away soon!
Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- MB-27403E7EE369A022 - Taken by grindamasta

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
To anyone who's still skeptical about FTL, I was skeptical as well. However, it is now one of my favorite games of all time. It's really hard to get a feel for the game just by videos or screenshots. Just ignore your doubts and spend the measly $2.50. You absolutely won't regret it. Even if you do, you've likely wasted more money on a bad coffee drink or something.

I only have this to give away, so here goes...

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NightSky -- MB-1CC05B3684DCFFB3 - Taken by Komedy

Thanks erryone. Gonna play it with the 360 pad from my bed. Time to stop posting and.... gasp... actually play a video game.

I was about to question your validity as a poster in this thread but Bioshock has steam cards so it's ok :p

Kidding of course, played another hour or so of Chivalry earlier. A lot of fun, taking care of a new puppy takes time though so I kept having to leave :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I plan on some Chivalry (and Euro TRUCKIN YA'LL) this weekend. Hope to see some GAAAAAAAAAAF servers running.

Karl2177

I suppose thousands of questions have been asked and answered about cards. So... I already had FTL from ages ago and now it has cards. Do I need to redownload it to get cards? What do the cards even do? What does this card do? Where am I?

Jo8299e.png

Third repost.
I'm totally gonna get rid of this stuff.
You might have a hard time offloading Humble Bundle stuff with too many restrictions.

If you give up, I have some new to Steam friends I can pass those on to (but by all means, give GAF as many chances to take them first).

I think the games that are on the summer cards will be discounted each day as daily deals. Yesterday there was Bioshock with the relative postcard, today Chivalry and if you look closer there's another postcard behind and that's tomb raider's postcard, so probably tomorrow there'll be tomb raider as a daily deal.

chronomac

Steam sales can really suck arse sometimes for Australians. I wanted to find a co-op game for me and my friends. I was thinking of trying trying LotR: War of the North. Can't be too expensive, right? It's $15 at retail stores after all without any sale. Search it...$36 and that's WITH 50% off! And even worse? $9 on the US store. That sucks.

Can someone from the US buy it and gift it to you?

Mordeccai

I was about to question your validity as a poster in this thread but Bioshock has steam cards so it's ok :p

Kidding of course, played another hour or so of Chivalry earlier. A lot of fun, taking care of a new puppy takes time though so I kept having to leave :D

To be honest, thats the only reason I decided to play it today. For the damned cards. Its one of four games I have left that drop them T_T

Card Boy

Banned

WiTN on pc is a shit port i also got it on ps3 as part on PSN+ and it looks the same and runs better too, it even has local co-op too on ps3.

The Trackmania games need to go on sale so everyone can play Valley and Stadium.

To be honest, thats the only reason I decided to play it today. For the damned cards. Its one of four games I have left that drop them T_T

Heh, well I found it to be a pretty great game so hopefully you enjoy it while card hunting :)

lmpaler

Oh you bastard Gabe. This whole time you wouldn't take my money and then I add something to bring my total over $10 and you work like a charm

Caerith

If this was Jeopardy, I'd be winning a lot of money by asking, "What is the definition of a sociopath?"

Yeah, okay. His posting style in the last Steam thread did seem quite offensive, so he had it coming.

In the meantime, I can't quite keep up with how fast they add new cards. A lot of them are for rather sizeable games, too.
I suspect they've had these cards ready to go for a while now. All the games tied to the Summer Getaway event have cards, for instance, but the cards don't show up until the game goes on sale. Like, Torchlight 2 doesn't have cards for me, but it's one of the getaway cards, so that means it might be a daily tomorrow and then its cards will start dropping.

I imagine the summer sale will add cards to ~30 games.

Which, you know, meh. The "omg cards I better farm them up so I can make $3" is just a distraction. I miss the summer camp ticket event, at least it had some variety to it.

yoshizzle

For those who want Anomaly: Warzone Earth but don't want to create a facebook account:

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-6E6CCEACD9B33254 - Taken by rockx4

I had to attempt to buy FTL at least a dozen times.

"We're sorry, your payment cannot be accepted at this time" or some jazz.

I just had the same happen with the pretty much unfallible (Dutch) iDeal service, so that's not just you. Problem is that it actually DOES process the payment, it's just that Steam doesn't properly connect it.

Which is unique because I just used it to be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom