• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any words on (old-ass) Left 4 Dead 2?
Wanted to try this out for ages, but I'm somehow always deciding against it..

It's wonderful fun. I played through every campaign on Realism, normal difficulty, with a friend, and it was quite challenging. Usually I go for hard, but this game kicked our ass a bit.

It's a great game, but apparently the community has gotten poor.

If you find some gents on GAF to play with though (like me), it's a blast.

FloatOn

Hey fellas, considering getting Far Cry 3. How's the multiplayer (competitive and coop) on this bad boy?

the only multiplayer mode on this is a separate thing from the main campaign.

It's just linear open-ish levels. not really all that great.

It would have been so much better if the main campaign was co-op

Volotaire

Originally Posted by Munin

I wanna buy either Left 4 Dead 2 or Killing Floor. I tried Killing Floor, as it's free right now, and it seems fun enough, but also maybe something that would become boring pretty soon unless played in a LAN environment with lots of beer.

It feels like a really polished mod from circa 2004, which it is, I guess, just not sure about the staying power.

How's L4D2? Any better?
Originally Posted by Volotaire

No point in l4D1, All l4d1 content has been brought into l4d2 now.

Moreover the community for L4D1 now is pitifully low compared to l4d2

And I will warn this to anyone planning on l4d2 online (the main component of L4d series):

The community sucks : very hostile , full of rage quitters and hostile to noobs. Best to play with friends to get experience and have fun.
Originally Posted by PetriP-TNT

I agree. Surprisingly shitty experience, I bought the bundle when it was on sale couple of months ago. Most of the times I would wait 15 minutes to find a game, just to be team killed by someone on purpose. I played it for like 10 hours and could finish only one or two games. The game itself was good but useless if not played with friends.
here should be a disclaimer in all steam threads just for this. I'm serious.

Posted Volotaire

Because it's bad when you're new, really bad. It sucks.

And you're right about finding lobbies, if a team loses the first round, when one or two rage quit, everyone does, rinse and repeat for about 4 or 5 games, you've waited an hour for a proper game.

Best to join quick games, and even then, there will still be pubs, rages and all sorts.

The thing is, if you can get good or play with friends, it's an extremely satisfying game. One of my favourite multiplayer games.

TheContact

Curious myself, if MP is still populated I'll probably grab this too

Also, trying to get an error when purchasing games. It's not my CC info because I even tried paypal and getting same error =x

Caerith

7ZIttJH.gif

Damn mod bot black list.
That reminds me of back when myspace was a thing and people complained that there were too many cops posing as underage girls.

bengraven

I just realized I haven't bought a single thing on my wishlist this year so far.

Hotline Miami (x3, all for giveaways)
FTL
Borderlands 2 DLC (the things I hadn't bought yet:)

Borderlands 2: Collector's Edition Pack | Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome | Borderlands 2: Commando Madness Pack | Borderlands 2: Commando Supremacy Pack | Borderlands 2: Commando Domination Pack | Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Madness Pack | Borderlands 2 - Psycho Pack | Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Supremacy Pack | Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Domination Pack | Borderlands 2: Assassin Madness Pack | Borderlands 2: Assassin Supremacy Pack | Borderlands 2: Assassin Domination Pack | Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack | Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack | Borderlands 2: Psycho Dark Psyche Pack | Borderlands 2: Psycho Madness Pack | Borderlands 2: Psycho Supremacy Pack | Borderlands 2: Psycho Domination Pack | Borderlands 2: Siren Glitter and Gore Pack | Borderlands 2: Commando Haggard Hunter Pack | Borderlands 2: Assassin Stinging Blade Pack

Why has Blood Dragon gone up in price? It was 6.74 now its 8.99, the FC3 flash sale is still going.

Oh fuck, it was 6.74?! Dammit...

Nope. Support is totally boned right now.
(for me anyway. I'll try at a less popular hour tommorrow)

...and this is what I don't understand. Even at the height of the Sim City clusterfuck, you could still live chat with a real EA human being within approximately 30 - 50 minutes of making a support request.

For Steam, if you get an email back within a week, you've done well and that's off-peak. I shudder to thing what their SLA is with the amount of issues their overwhelmed servers have been experiencing over the last 24 hours. Essentially, anybody who has used Paypal to fund their account is essentially locked out of the marketplace for almost the entire duration of the sale, and there's not a cat in hell's chance of Valve even noticing, let alone doing anything approaching customer service.

bootski

i really really enjoy playing this game with a couple friends. its just a fps zombie shooter. you just keep running and killing and running and killing. ive never played it single player.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Also, there actually is all the explanation about "nuke", but it was under the title "What to do if you ACCIDENTALLY claimed a key you don't want.", so I skipped it. :(

Ah, Stumpokapow, I sent two wrong PM trying to nuke the key (one with "null" in the title, the other writing the game name).
If I send a third PM (hopefully the right one...), i'll be punished for spam or I'll be fine?

ModBot doesn't care about spam, it just ignores PMs that it doesn't understand. If you sent one with the title null, it would have assumed it was a claim PM, looked for keys, not found any (since to nuke you use Steam Keys and to claim you use ModBot encrypted keys) and disregarded the PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom